Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 241499 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1830 on: July 18, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
yeah, in all seriousness, its a credit to Rance to have got his kicking to this point from where it was a few ago.

I doubt there would be too many who could actually see his faults foreseeing just how much he would improve and how good he would become.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1831 on: July 18, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.
He is a half back flanker/back pocket at best

:clapping
I wondered when someone would bring this up. I thought it might have been Claw.
Fair enough too.
I remember writing it and I remember when I changed my mind on him, and it wasn't two years ago like most when he started playing well. And it's been me since then posting backing this guy when others continued to bag him.
At the very least though, post my entire post from way back then.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1832 on: July 18, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.

Fair enough too.
I remember writing it and I remember when I changed my mind on him, and it wasn't two years ago like most when he started playing well. And it's been me since then posting backing this guy when others continued to bag him.

Na u got less funny at the end

Snip
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1833 on: July 18, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »

Fair enough too.

Na u got less funny at the end

Snip
You mean it didn't make you feel like a big man!
Editing a post makes you as big a scumbag as most media people who do the same thing.
Anyway enjoy your Saturday night going through people's post from 6 years ago. You must be really interesting to be around. Knock yourself out!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1834 on: July 18, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »
I spat tea everywhere

Lol BT  :bow
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1835 on: July 18, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »
I spat tea everywhere

Lol BT  :bow
:thumbsup
 :cheers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1836 on: July 18, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
I confess I had my doubts early but mostly due to his slow reaction & not able to keep his feet. It was frustrating at times to watch especially the falling over at critical stages. What I always liked was his absolute commitment to the contest as he always went in, arms & legs all over the place without fear or concern for his own safety, a trait he has continued to perfect.
It would be awesome if he had a rock in defence teamate that could help him there's no telling how good he could be in the next phase of his career.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1837 on: July 19, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
just to put some perspective on it.

Batchelor is mediocre at best but Dea is just a nothing footballer.
Wasn't you that didn't rate Rance either? You don't rate Jack either do you?

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. 

So, sure rance had some bad deficiencies early on, but worked through them and improved. Many of us could see them, but only some went the whole hog and wrote him off.

What this shows is that it easy to go early on a player, and then even easier to make out otherwise.

GOLD :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1838 on: August 12, 2015, 11:45:54 AM »
RICHMOND defender Alex Rance has been recognised for his outstanding season with a stamp of approval from the AFL's senior coaches, who have overwhelmingly voted him the game's best defender.

After earning All Australian selection in 2014, Rance has elevated his game to a new level this season and been recognised by the coaches in an exclusive survey for AFL.com.au and the AFL Record.

With nine votes, he was one of only two players to earn multiple votes, ahead of Harry Taylor (two), with Jeremy McGovern and Easton Wood among the players to earn one vote each.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-12/who-do-the-coaches-say-are-the-games-best-defenders-mids-forwards

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1839 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
Well he better pull his finger out of his arse this weekend against Patton or Cameron..

Turning up at the wrong match wouldn't be a good start.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1840 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
Well he better pull his finger out of his arse this weekend against Patton or Cameron..

Yeah geez, good point,  :lol :lol :lol. Well maybe he just pulls his finger out!! I have the GWS on the brain regarding Treloar!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1841 on: August 12, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »

Easy to get the plastic 'clubs' confused

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1842 on: August 16, 2015, 06:12:10 PM »
Super game from Rance today. The best in the business by far!

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1843 on: August 16, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »
Was our best in the 1st half. Had a few Rance type brain fades in the 2nd though.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1844 on: August 28, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
It shows how much Rance has improved that he is now rated by Champion Data as the 2nd best key defender at hitting targets by foot.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Inquirer-Round-22_FA.jpg