Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211707 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1845 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
Sweet new Avatar Schtalin, where did you score that?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1846 on: August 28, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.
He is a half back flanker/back pocket at best

:clapping
I wondered when someone would bring this up. I thought it might have been Claw.
Fair enough too.
I remember writing it and I remember when I changed my mind on him, and it wasn't two years ago like most when he started playing well. And it's been me since then posting backing this guy when others continued to bag him.
At the very least though, post my entire post from way back then.

Na u got less funny at the end

Snip
You mean it didn't make you feel like a big man!

:lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1847 on: August 28, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »
It shows how much Rance has improved that he is now rated by Champion Data as the 2nd best key defender at hitting targets by foot.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Inquirer-Round-22_FA.jpg

And I'm pretty happy to point people to the "General Forwards" category too!!   :snidegrin

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1848 on: August 28, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
It shows how much Rance has improved that he is now rated by Champion Data as the 2nd best key defender at hitting targets by foot.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Inquirer-Round-22_FA.jpg

And I'm pretty happy to point people to the "General Forwards" category too!!   :snidegrin
:clapping
Well done Uncle Smokey!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1849 on: September 12, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »
Champion Data rates Rance as the best key defender in the AFL and by quite a margin too.

1. Alex Rance        299.2
2. Tom McDonald   257.9
3. Harry Taylor      233.8

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Images/Inquirer-Finals-Week-1.jpg

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1850 on: September 13, 2015, 08:34:30 PM »
What a player he is :bow

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1851 on: September 13, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »
Poor bastard did his best to play on his own man and then cover  Chaplin and batches as well

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1852 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »
Poor bastard did his best to play on his own man and then cover  Chaplin and batches as well

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1853 on: September 13, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »

This
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1854 on: September 13, 2015, 09:10:10 PM »
Dare I say it. Henderson or Carlisle need to make their way to Punt Rd.

Or if our FTF dollars are for lavish president functions then FFS how about play Todd Elton.

No More

« Reply #1855 on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:59 AM »
its a shame we have a superstar full back and a superstar full forward and we are gonna waste this opportunity because Hartley and Richardson don't have the balls to go out and bring in some big name players like Dangerfield who could change the psychology of the playing group in finals. we need big game players big game performers not moneyball brotherhood bin type players.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1856 on: September 14, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »
its a shame we have a superstar full back and a superstar full forward and we are gonna waste this opportunity because Hartley and Richardson don't have the balls to go out and bring in some big name players like Dangerfield who could change the psychology of the playing group in finals. we need big game players big game performers not moneyball brotherhood bin type players.

Agree with this. It is also so frustrating seeing them and coaches back in the players they bring in like Chaplin. Yes he can do some ok things with good body position but he is the worst one on one big defender in the game. I don't think they have the courage to bring in a Carlisle or back Elton/Astbury. Hampson has played to many games in our jumper and was never the answer. Courage :pray

Gigantor

« Reply #1857 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »
someone please get  rid of that brotherhood bin from Punt road

Gigantor

« Reply #1858 on: September 14, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
the blokes who most of us here have fingered as letting us down at crucial times did it again yesterday I thought.....Taylor hunt,chaplin,grigg,ellis.
Griff and conca just shouldn't have played.
Cotch and Lids I really don't know what to make of their insipid performance.
Maric is a workhorse and busts his gut every week,but unfortunately against the likes of Nic Nat,sandilands,Goldstein,just doesn't cut the mustard

tony_montana

« Reply #1859 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
Dare I say it. Henderson or Carlisle need to make their way to Punt Rd.

Or if our FTF dollars are for lavish president functions then FFS how about play Todd Elton.

Club feels we are in a good position with our key position stocks but you can never have aenough goal kicking midfielders

Benny Gales  response to what sort of player we are targeting in the offseason

:banghead