Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211561 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1905 on: December 18, 2015, 12:12:13 PM »
I vote Mat for poster of the month

Yep. There's no two ways about it  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1906 on: December 18, 2015, 12:45:36 PM »
Craw, tell us more about Kamden Macintosh  :snidegrin

Jack will never be a key forward
Rance never make it key defender

:sleep
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:57:40 PM by one-eyed »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1907 on: December 18, 2015, 01:23:50 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol. I'm sure we all have old posts from a few years ago that could dragged up that would be quite amusingly (way) off the mark. At the end of the day, it's all of our opinions at each moment of time which makes the OER forum go around.

Now, back to the topic!

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1908 on: December 18, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol. I'm sure we all have old posts from a few years ago that could dragged up that would be quite amusingly (way) off the mark. At the end of the day, it's all of our opinions at each moment of time which makes the OER forum go around.

True - we all have them.  But probably not on the same scale as writing off a bloke as a dud that goes on to become the best key position defender of the modern era  :snidegrin

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1909 on: December 18, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
It's always weird when you do editorials rather than links cyclops

More power to you
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1910 on: December 18, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »

True - we all have them.  But probably not on the same scale as writing off a bloke as a dud that goes on to become the best key position defender of the modern era  :snidegrin

We also don't all berate people who don't agree with us, claim that we were actually correct when we clearly weren't (and claim it's 'sticking to our guns') and then tell everyone how we are always right and hardly ever wrong

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1911 on: December 18, 2015, 04:50:12 PM »

Now, back to the topic!

I agree - I vote we bury the "Tambling" and the "jade the blade " threads at the bottom of the ocean for all of eternity . Some very embarrassing stuff there.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fox Footy's Superstar month: Alex Rance - this Saturday, Boxing Day
« Reply #1912 on: December 22, 2015, 03:23:19 AM »
Fox Footy

Watch the game's biggest names play their best ever games!

Superstar Month: Alex Rance

2012 Round 6, Port Adelaide v Richmond  -  Saturday, 26th December, 1:00am - 3:30am

2014 Round 15, St Kilda v Richmond      -  Saturday, 26th December, 3:30am - 6:00am

2014 Round 23, Sydney v Richmond        -  Saturday, 26th December, 6:00am - 8:30am

2015 Round 2, Richmond v Bulldogs       -  Saturday, 26th December, 8:30am - 11:00am

2015 Round 15, Richmond v Carlton       -  Saturday, 26th December, 11:00am - 1:30pm

2012 Round 2, Collingwood v Richmond    -  Saturday, 26th December, 1:30pm - 4:00pm

2012 Round 17, Richmond v North Melb    -  Saturday, 26th December, 4:00pm - 6:30pm

2015 Round 22, Essendon v Richmond      -  Saturday, 26th December, 6:30pm - 7:30pm

2014 Round 19, Richmond v GWS           -  Saturday, 26th December, 7:30pm - 10:00pm

2013 Round 17, Richmond v Fremantle     -  Saturday, 26th December, 10:00pm - 12:30am

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/grid/2015/12/26/0200

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Fox Footy's Superstar month: Alex Rance - this Saturday, Boxing Day
« Reply #1913 on: December 22, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »
Only 8 Drownlow votes....a joke...  :banghead
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:06:57 AM by MintOnLamb »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fox Footy's Superstar month: Alex Rance - this Saturday, Boxing Day
« Reply #1914 on: December 22, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »
2014 Round 23, Sydney v Richmond        -  Saturday, 26th December, 6:00am - 8:30am

Still have this game recorded haha. Absolutely superhuman that day. Running back with a Gus-full-body-cramp...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1915 on: January 04, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »
Rance back for preseason training ...

Source: Herald-Sun

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1916 on: January 06, 2016, 11:20:28 AM »
Rance back for preseason training ...

Source: Herald-Sun
Classic Jack.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1917 on: January 13, 2016, 01:53:46 AM »
Reigning Jack Dyer medallist Alex Rance returned to the club at the beginning of last week after an extended off-season break, and has already worked his way into the main football program.

“First day he arrived back, you look at him, and he looks exactly the same – fit, trim and in shape – and his time-trial showed us that he’d done the work overseas,” said Burge.

“He’s a player that you know if he’s training by himself will work at absolute maximum intensity, and he’s done that.”

Source: RFC website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1918 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:26 PM »
Rance interview on the RFC website:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-01-13/rances-return

* I naturally train pretty hard by myself, but there was that added incentive to come back in good shape because the club was good enough to be able to give me that break and I didn’t want to be running a rubbish time.

For a lot of the pre-seasons that I’ve come back in, I’m pretty excited about this one. We seem to have picked up where we left off last year in terms of game style and we’ve got the cohesion back. We’re training really well and looking forward to some games.

* We talk a lot internally about taking individually our games to the next level and as a group, so the thing that is really going to put us to the next level is our game-sense and knowing in-game how we can personally contribute to the team’s success. I can definitely see that everyone is really striving and pushing hard to increase their own standing amongst the group.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-01-13/rance-averts-vacay-decay

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance scares Dylan Grimes at training ......... (H-Sun)
« Reply #1919 on: January 24, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »
Rance’s scare tactics (Rance surprises Grimes)

VIDEO: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/video/id-w2YTZlMDE6Jm53k224PNlJjwX2EkvYx-/Alex-Rance's-scare-tactics

:snidegrin

Richmond’s Alex Rance gives teammate Dylan Grimes a rude shock at training

Tom Morris
FOX SPORTS
January 24, 2016 12:00pm

RICHMOND defender Alex Rance is best known for his defensive exploits.

But the 26-year-old’s larrikin side was on show on Saturday, much to the amusement of his teammates.

Rance, a two-time all-Australian and widely considered the finest one-on-one defender in the AFL, hid in a ball bin. When teammate Dylan Grimes approached and opened the lid, Rance’s jumped out like a Jack-in-the-box and gave the 63-gamer a rude shock.

Richmond Football Club tweeted “Sorry Dyl, but @trossman18 (Rance) strikes again ... #waitforit,” followed by the video.

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale clearly enjoyed the footage and retweeted it on his own personal Twitter account.

Rance only returned to training this month after being granted an extended holiday in which he travelled overseas.

Grimes recently signed a three-year contract extension that will keep him at Punt Road until at least the end of 2018.

That’s three more years for Grimes to seek redemption on Rance.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/video-richmonds-alex-rance-gives-teammate-dylan-grimes-a-rude-shock-at-training/news-story/54831a09b6b7990d212b12820fa06ab7