Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 206730 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #2130 on: September 09, 2017, 11:57:04 AM »
He was very rude to the trainer trying to help him when he busted his head

Delist

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2131 on: September 09, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »

Delist
Not dud though....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2132 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »

Delist
Not dud though....

Can't deny his talents but it just was not a good look.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2133 on: September 09, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »
just fired up on adrenaline.  Worried about how he nearly snapped his spine though coming down and folding in half  ...will feel it today now the adrenaline is gone lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2134 on: September 10, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »
Do we blame Dimma again?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2135 on: September 10, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »
Do we blame Dimma again?
Nah. It was the runner's fault....  :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2136 on: September 10, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
Do we blame Dimma again?

No - we praise Blake..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2137 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:32 AM »
The "incident" made Robbo's 'dislikes' column:

3. RANCE AND THE TRAINER

The effervescent defender copped a hit to the head and seeing his player in distress, the trainer did what trainers do. He delivered the magic cloth to help stem the blood flow, but unfortunately for him, Rance didn’t like the enthusiasm in which the trainer did his job. Rance lashed out verbally and the body language was too severe. Yes, it was heat of the moment, and yes, it could’ve been handled better.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-tackle-mark-robinson-reveals-his-likes-and-dislikes-from-week-1-of-the-2017-afl-finals/news-story/0ca4eba66a63b0787f43f2066cee8ad9

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2138 on: September 13, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »
In that case I retract my statement

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2139 on: September 13, 2017, 06:09:52 PM »
The "incident" made Robbo's 'dislikes' column:

3. RANCE AND THE TRAINER

The effervescent defender copped a hit to the head and seeing his player in distress, the trainer did what trainers do. He delivered the magic cloth to help stem the blood flow, but unfortunately for him, Rance didn’t like the enthusiasm in which the trainer did his job. Rance lashed out verbally and the body language was too severe. Yes, it was heat of the moment, and yes, it could’ve been handled better.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-tackle-mark-robinson-reveals-his-likes-and-dislikes-from-week-1-of-the-2017-afl-finals/news-story/0ca4eba66a63b0787f43f2066cee8ad9

So now the player needs to placate the trainer? Thats not the way it works.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2140 on: September 13, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »
I think it was blown out of proportion. Yes dropping "just stuffing relax" was not great form but he did apologise and tensions were high considering both teams were applying a lot of heat in the start of the game. What I think is infinitely worse than what Rance did was Glenn Archer punching a runner which was hardly talked about.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance on what has changed at Tigers, finals, retirement plans (Fox)
« Reply #2141 on: September 23, 2017, 03:47:54 AM »
Alex Rance retirement plans: Richmond finals 2017, All-Australian defender on what has changed at Tigers, quitting footy

September 23, 2017
Max Laughton
FOX SPORTS

ALEX Rance has revealed what has changed at Richmond to help them break their 16-year finals duck while also stating that he has “a pretty good idea” of when his career will end.

The Richmond defender heavily considered walking away from footy in 2014 before signing a contract extension which has him tied to the Tigers until the end of 2019.

Rance told AFL Tonight he isn’t thinking about the end of his illustrious career yet, and isn’t sure whether the potential of a premiership would hasten the close.

“If I had left, there would have been something else in my life that I would have been enjoying, whether it was my family or travelling overseas or something like that,” he said on Fox Sports News.

“But I’m extremely grateful that the club has given me the opportunity to stay around and that we can have some fun together now.

“I’ve got a pretty good idea of when would be enough time for me. Whether that gets lengthened or shortened (by winning a flag), I don’t really know. It would have to be a bit of an in the moment type decision.”

After a 2016 season full of disappointing results on the field as well as attempted board coups and a senior coach under major pressure, this year has been a raging success for Richmond.

The Tigers head into a home preliminary final on Saturday as favourites, with a real chance to play in their first Grand Final since 1982.

Rance credited Richmond footy boss Neil Balme, who joined the club at the end of last year, as helping fix the team’s culture.

“Balmey was a huge introduction for us. There was a bit more connection between the coaching staff, admin and then the playing group,” he said.

“A lot of it was based around embracing your vulnerabilities and not feeling that you had to put up this strong bravado of a man’s man. If you wanted to be vulnerable, be vulnerable.

“That really creates connection and if you’re trying to lead people, you have to have that connection, because they’re not going to want to follow you if they don’t like you as a person or believe that you don’t care about them.”

Rance explained that the team is a lot more relaxed now than it was last season.

“I think what we were doing last year was a little bit of analysis paralysis as individuals and a coaching staff. We were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole,” he said.

“This year it’s been know yourself as an individual, and what your x-factor is, and just go and do it. And have fun out on the field — you shouldn’t be thinking out on the field because you play your best footy when you’re playing on instinct.

“We’ve been playing a really good, instinctual, hard defensive game this year which has brought us the success that we’re after.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/alex-rance-on-what-has-changed-at-richmond-to-produce-2017-success-knowing-when-he-wants-to-retire/news-story/53f8b0e1b1a84fec6eaa8d92beb160e7

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2142 on: September 24, 2017, 02:45:47 AM »
Alex Rance

The rock in Richmond’s defence refused to be moved. The All-Australian skipper rarely erred, flying for a series of intercept marks as the spare backman and providing just as many spoils. The Tigers will need similar against a stacked Crows forward line next Saturday.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/studs-and-duds-redhot-daniel-rioli-leads-richmond-into-decider/news-story/c34c555ecc10df696aa2575f1c3efd4c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers' Rance took step back to go forward (7 Sport)
« Reply #2143 on: September 28, 2017, 02:33:51 AM »
Tigers' Rance took step back to go forward

Yahoo7 Sport
Jason Phelan
28 September 2017

Sometimes less is more and that's certainly proved to be the case for Richmond's defensive unit this AFL season.

Less Alex Rance that is.

The superstar defender's decision to take a small step back and let other members of the Tigers' back line take the lead more often in pre-season has paid huge dividends.

The league's third-best defence conceded 1684 points this season -- a whopping 471 fewer than last year.

And Richmond had scores of more than 100 points kicked against them just twice -- by Adelaide in round 6 and St Kilda in round 16.

"Alex is just an extraordinary player, an absolute warrior, but underneath him, in the past, we've probably been a little bit skinny," Tigers fullback David Astbury told AAP.

"So he made it his mission in the pre-season to try to put more responsibility on me and Dylan Grimes and others to allow us to really grow and develop.

"In the past he's probably just wanted to fix everything but it's too hard to do for any one person.

"It's a credit to him. He probably had to take a back seat and allow me or someone else to take over (in meetings or training) and that's allowed us to get up to speed.

"I think as a group we're really connected and bonded together as a result."

Astbury has thrived with the extra responsibility, along with the growing belief that he's well and truly over the injuries that threatened his career.

The 26-year-old played every game this season -- the first time he's managed that feat since he debuted in 2010.

From the 2011 season through to 2015, he was restricted to just 24 senior appearances due to a horror run with injuries, which included two dislocated kneecaps.

"I was probably fighting a losing battle with myself at different stages ... trying to do too much and trying to progress too quickly," he said.

"It was all in the spirit of trying to get back and play senior football, but the frustration that mounted at different stages was almost overwhelming.

"But I had excellent support from the club.

"I think the key for me has been continuity of playing over a couple of years now.

"Your confidence grows the more you play and when you're surrounded by the people that I am you just feel really supported.

"Going out there each week is more enjoyable now than it ever has been."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/37249091/tigers-rance-took-step-back-to-go-forward/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
"I'm not on Instagram but I saw this @RichmondFC pic of Tross that @CameronEGrimes took yesterday & had to retweet it here. Safe to say he's a freakin beast.

Good luck oppo forwards. You will need it. #AlexRance #gotiges"

https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/953190860748857349