Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239677 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
son of zues!

Tigermonk

« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
Rance has worked hard to become the footballer he is, Newman on the other hand is a scared footballer who is about to play his final year as captain & will struggle to get a game after this year. His aweful

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »
Thought the comments that were made by the commentators last night were ill informed and based on past history rather than present performance. Even Richo's comments seemed a snapshot of Rance's weaknesses from when he played along side him rather than how he has executed by foot over the past season and a bit.

Rance was close to our best player last night and was excellent by foot for most of the game. I saw two notable exceptions but considering the amount of ball he had in his hands and the pressure he was constantly under, he was fantastic. There are very few defenders his size who can dispose of the ball well consistently.

The raw hard evidence of 82% efficiency is hard to argue with... :clapping

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2012, 06:43:40 PM »
those idiots calling the game didn't have much clue.

one stage racnce picked out jackson in not much space and the ball went right through his hand yet darcy and Bt went on about how rance should understand his limitations.

there was another time when ellis passed to  morris( I think) but was a little slow in making the decision and the pass was a bit too high giving the opposition a chance to spoil. they also went on about how these new blokes should understand their limitations and not take risks.

absolute buffoons. it seems they were suggesting morris shouldnt have called for it and ellis shouldn't have passed it. :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »
Thought the comments that were made by the commentators last night were ill informed and based on past history rather than present performance. Even Richo's comments seemed a snapshot of Rance's weaknesses from when he played along side him rather than how he has executed by foot over the past season and a bit.

Rance was close to our best player last night and was excellent by foot for most of the game. I saw two notable exceptions but considering the amount of ball he had in his hands and the pressure he was constantly under, he was fantastic. There are very few defenders his size who can dispose of the ball well consistently.

Stripes were you at the game last night. our backline create's most of the preasure on themselves by standing 20 metres off thier players & moving up the ground being caught out on simple turnovers. They are using too much energy to get back to contest the ball. By playing this way, once they do get back on thier man that they are waisted & have no strength or energy to contest leading to them being over-powered. This is basic football.  If you were at the game you clearly see this. If Hardwick & his coaches cant see this, then we are done & dusted.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »
those idiots calling the game didn't have much clue.

one stage racnce picked out jackson in not much space and the ball went right through his hand yet darcy and Bt went on about how rance should understand his limitations.

there was another time when ellis passed to  morris( I think) but was a little slow in making the decision and the pass was a bit too high giving the opposition a chance to spoil. they also went on about how these new blokes should understand their limitations and not take risks.

absolute buffoons. it seems they were suggesting morris shouldnt have called for it and ellis shouldn't have passed it. :wallywink

al, know your limitations and let me handle bad match callers.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: April 08, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »

Stripes were you at the game last night. our backline create's most of the preasure on themselves by standing 20 metres off thier players & moving up the ground being caught out on simple turnovers. They are using too much energy to get back to contest the ball. By playing this way, once they do get back on thier man that they are waisted & have no strength or energy to contest leading to them being over-powered. This is basic football.  If you were at the game you clearly see this. If Hardwick & his coaches cant see this, then we are done & dusted.

Always that balance of either being too defensive and keeping on your opponent/guarding space even when we have the ball or being more attacking and moving up the ground and leaving your opponent to give us more options moving the ball through the oppositions zone defence.

Did you feel Rance should have stayed back and left the midfielders to move the ball forward?

Tigermonk

« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »

Always that balance of either being too defensive and keeping on your opponent/guarding space even when we have the ball or being more attacking and moving up the ground and leaving your opponent to give us more options moving the ball through the oppositions zone defence.

Did you feel Rance should have stayed back and left the midfielders to move the ball forward?

l'm not laying it on Rance, l said the backline & all 6 are guilty last night at some stage. Even the 6 forwards are guilty of this.
If the 6 forwards aint maning up then the backline has no hope because straight away you have free runners & when the midfield applys preasure then that gives the next link of free runners going until it hits the backline where again preasure must be applied to thier mids from our backline which leaves Cloke, Blair, Pendles, Swan, Dawes Fasolo all free.
The problem lies with players like Rewoldt, Jackson, Edwards, Martin, Vickery all culprits last night. you will see in other threads where l mentioned Jackson who was the main culprit all night. A backline like ours will always fall to extra preasure put on them from players up the field which is not fair. Rance, Grimes, Morris would be in my best players last night.  Its hard to explain but the main problem is our lazy forward & our forward coach. players clashing for the ball is another problem.

But Rance, Morris, Grimes can only do so much :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
I think Rance and Cotchin are the only two players that are going "all in" the rest, pfft, real let downs! All of them.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »

l'm not laying it on Rance, l said the backline & all 6 are guilty last night at some stage. Even the 6 forwards are guilty of this.
If the 6 forwards aint maning up then the backline has no hope because straight away you have free runners & when the midfield applys preasure then that gives the next link of free runners going until it hits the backline where again preasure must be applied to thier mids from our backline which leaves Cloke, Blair, Pendles, Swan, Dawes Fasolo all free.
The problem lies with players like Rewoldt, Jackson, Edwards, Martin, Vickery all culprits last night. you will see in other threads where l mentioned Jackson who was the main culprit all night. A backline like ours will always fall to extra preasure put on them from players up the field which is not fair. Rance, Grimes, Morris would be in my best players last night.  Its hard to explain but the main problem is our lazy forward & our forward coach. players clashing for the ball is another problem.

But Rance, Morris, Grimes can only do so much :thumbsup

exactly, the backline is not the real problem, yes they are still very inexperienced and would make mistakes in a good side, but they are on a hiding to nothing atm, if they dont try and create space the forwards and mids arent, then we become completely pedestrian and will get boxed in by the press, but if they try and create they get caught out bc they play off their man, the fwds need to lift their workrate bigtime and so do the mids to a lesser extent. Im really happy with letting Rance, Grimes, Ellis, Houli and Morris settle as a unit over the year. If Newman could actually pull his weight also we may see the makings of a quality back 6.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
Rance named in the AFL site's team of the week. Puts the harsh tv commentary on the night into perspective.

BACKS
Alex Rance  (Richmond) - The Tigers are 0-2 and struggling to get a foothold in season 2012 but they look to have a gem in their backline with Rance. Against Collingwood on Saturday night he had 34 disposals and a League-leading 17 marks to provide, with Chris Newman, a strong basis for rebounding attacks that his forwards just couldn’t convert with straight kicking.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132805/default.aspx

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »
Rance named in the AFL site's team of the week. Puts the harsh tv commentary on the night into perspective.

BACKS
Alex Rance  (Richmond) - The Tigers are 0-2 and struggling to get a foothold in season 2012 but they look to have a gem in their backline with Rance. Against Collingwood on Saturday night he had 34 disposals and a League-leading 17 marks to provide, with Chris Newman, a strong basis for rebounding attacks that his forwards just couldn’t convert with straight kicking.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132805/default.aspx

back to back.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2012, 07:54:58 AM »
If he can have another good season on the back of last year, and continue what he's done in the last two rounds then I cant see why he wont be up there for a JD medal at the end of the year.  :shh whoa
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
He wont be up for a JD because The Chimp is a SUPERFREAK

The Tross will have to settle for 2nd