Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239652 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:12 AM »
Due to

1) at least one of pavs goals should have never been kicked. Yes rance lots it in the air but pav is v good. More so the fwd and mid should have never been allowed to be kicked to the contest with 2.5 secs left in the quarter.

2) everyone is worrying about there own man. Its selfish to not give rance a chop out. Look at johnson  comming 3rd up vs jack time after time.
he was well beaten end of story you can make all the excuses up you want.

6 goals one. should have been 7 but for a shocking bounce. 17 possesions on a miserable wet day.

I'm with you on this one Claw.  Rance had a shocker and I don't think he was just beaten in the air.  Pavlich was too quick, too strong and too smart and it was just one of those days that every player has (some more than others) where you get comprehensively beaten.  Test of his mettle will be how quickly and well he bounces back to good form.

tony_montana

« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
Yep,
pav got his fair share of charity but Rance got toweled up, no two ways about it.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: June 10, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
I never once said rance beat pav on the day. Merly he did not have his pants pulled down to the extent you make out. SOS would have struggled with the lack of support shown today.
b/s he was poor just admit it it wont kill ya. not the first time hes been poor this yr either. bloody hell 6 in the wet hes not only had his pants pulled down hes been bent over and reamed.

Love Rance as a player but happy to admit he was flogged. Some help occasionally would have been nice but sometimes you're going to get caught 1 out and you need to be able to win the contest sometimes ie.McPharlin.

edit: why are we talking about Rance in the O'Hanlon thread?  :banghead

Kid showed a lot yesterday. Such a good kick of the footy.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #603 on: June 10, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »
Ok for the first time this year a firward has got a hold of rance, unless ive missed something along the way ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

dwaino

« Reply #604 on: June 10, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
Ok for the first time this year a firward has got a hold of rance, unless ive missed something along the way ::)

Correct  :thumbsup

Remember BJ, we just lost, so our team is now full of duds  :lol

Gigantor

« Reply #605 on: June 10, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
There were many instances during the game where Freo isolated Rance.some of the one on one duels Rance did win but at crucial times he was well and truly out pointed by pavlich..Its also fair to say rance got very little help from the other  Richmond players.One who i thought might drift across and provide a chop out was Batch,but this didnt happen ,in fact i thought batch was close to one of our worst,some of his decision making was diabolical.

Gigantor

« Reply #606 on: June 10, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »
Just as an aside.I noticed rance was beaten to the ball a few times by pavlich,which made me wonder if rance was carrying an injury..i would hardly think a bloke of pavlich size and age would beat the ultra athlete rance in a run to the ball.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
Compare the amount of times Jack was double and triple teamed compared to Pavlich.

Chalk and cheese folks.

Yes Rance was beaten but he usually gets more support.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #608 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »
Merrett

TigerTimeII

« Reply #609 on: June 10, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
Compare the amount of times Jack was double and triple teamed compared to Pavlich.

Chalk and cheese folks.

Yes Rance was beaten but he usually gets more support.

we missed grimes

dwaino

« Reply #610 on: June 10, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
Merrett

Instant flag, just add water... and sauce  :shh

Gigantor

« Reply #611 on: June 10, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
Granted we did miss grimes,but yesterday in those conditions we really missed foley..theres not much of nathan but hes strong in upper body and would have more than held his own against those bigger bodied dockers.In most games you find nathan at the bottom of a pack and yesterday was perfect for that type of player

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: June 10, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
Just as an aside.I noticed rance was beaten to the ball a few times by pavlich,which made me wonder if rance was carrying an injury..i would hardly think a bloke of pavlich size and age would beat the ultra athlete rance in a run to the ball.
perhaps pav just reads the play better than rance. there was one instance (third 1/4 i think) where one on one, rance moved to his left only to leave pav standing still and take an easy mark.
like, WTF  :huh
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #613 on: June 10, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »

Correct  :thumbsup

Remember BJ, we just lost, so our team is now full of duds  :lol
cant accuse me of that one. win or lose ive pretty much stuck to my guns about our players.

thing is its a roundabout on all forums. they have a good day and the defenders come out in force. have a bad day the critics come out.  a game here or there wont change my mind i will of course acknowledge when they play well and let you all know it when they dont.

its like edwards hes forced me to acknowledge 4 decent weeks in a row but 4 weeks of decent footy wont win me over after 6 yrs of  mostly mediocrity.

dwaino

« Reply #614 on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
Cool story bro.