Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239516 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #705 on: December 26, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
Has a lot of upside and as mentioned by other posters, has had grimes come in and out.
Besides that has had assitance from post, mcguane, kel moore, dea etc.

Even if he never becomes a superstar I still think he will be important in our future

Kov hows the vbski's?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #706 on: December 26, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
Has a lot of upside and as mentioned by other posters, has had grimes come in and out.
Besides that has had assitance from post, mcguane, kel moore, dea etc.

Even if he never becomes a superstar I still think he will be important in our future

Kov hows the vbski's?

Going down a treatski
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #707 on: December 26, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »
Excellentski  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #708 on: December 26, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »

the claw

« Reply #709 on: December 26, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »
Steve Morris was our best defender this year and Grimes was better than Rance when he was on the park. :thumbsup

Yet Alex still finished 6th in the B&F. Underrated by many 'supporters'. Not the coaching staff though.

hmm id like a dollar for every time ive read similar about the coaching staff. ya know what?  just perhaps, im it could be a possibility the coaching staff are wrong. hmm a backman in a side that finished 12th

rance has three obvious and clear deficiencies in his game. he also has a few decent strengths.  we got chaplin because of those weaknesses those weaknesses have regularly cost us big time.

if rance cannot perform his defensive responsibilities without grimes in the side that makes him deficient and thus a liability far too often. you just need compare the difference between rance and grimes in critical areas one is accomplished assured and rarely makes a mistake the other well at times it is comedy capers. no wonder we went out and got chaplin.

no matter which way you look at it, this yr  he has had more goals kicked on him bar one player. people arent imagining him falling over, or pretending he misses a lot of easy spoils.or the fact he gets caught out of position far too often or he struggles one on one far too often.  it happens and it happens too often.
as for his kicking well hes an average kick and it is improving. these things just didnt appear over night they have happened every yr.

ive seen supporters rave about games this bloke has played because of the amount of ball hes got. they dont ever see in the same game him leave his man or see him fall over at the wrong time or completely miss an easy spoil having minutes before done a good spoil or get out bodied. hes a battler in these areas.
the complaint is not that he doesnt do these things well. fact is at times he does. the complaint is that far too often he does them poorly. he is not assured and accomplished in the air and he certainly lacks composure.
these are all things that we see, or it seems some of us see. just because others dont see it does it mean we are wrong. what are we to do ignore these things  or be honest and  make comment on them when discussing him.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #710 on: December 26, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
Got married over the weekend too

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
If the claw read the weather repor, it would go longer than the movie the hobbit
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

dwaino

« Reply #712 on: December 26, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
If the claw read the weather repor, it would go longer than the movie the hobbit

Thanks for the heads up. Just perusing OER during the trailers in the cinemas waiting for The Hobbit to start. I was about to start reading Crawes' post but I think the movie will be over before I'm done.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. Just perusing OER during the trailers in the cinemas waiting for The Hobbit to start. I was about to start reading Crawes' post but I think the movie will be over before I'm done.

It's not the crawe, it's the craw!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

dwaino

« Reply #714 on: December 26, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »

It's not the crawe, it's the craw!

I thought it was overdue for a revamp :shh

the claw

« Reply #715 on: December 26, 2012, 11:19:12 PM »
just for the record it has nothing to do with tiger claws though i like the inference.

it comes from a silly movie called the curse of the claw slash craw. i liked the  play on words in relation to how the rfc was travelling.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #716 on: December 26, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »
just for the record it has nothing to do with tiger claws though i like the inference.

it comes from a silly movie called the curse of the claw slash craw. i liked the  play on words in relation to how the rfc was travelling.

You a fan of Rancer's kicking ?

Ruanaidh

Rance's Position
« Reply #717 on: January 18, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »
If Chaplin, Griff and Grimes are fit and firing where does that leave Rance. He's too small for the Key Forwards and having 4 'talls' in the backline is too many. Could he take Luke's role on the forward line?  His forward pressure would be welcomed.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rance's Position
« Reply #718 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »
CHB

Offline Mimafied

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Rance's Position
« Reply #719 on: January 18, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »
if all are fit and firing the chosen selection order you would think for the backline would be grimes, chaplin, rance, morris and then griffiths, hence why their adding versatility to griffiths with forward and ruck roles in case that happens