Author Topic: Rookie #1: Clayton Collard  (Read 2340 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rookie #1: Clayton Collard
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 05:35:08 PM »
Is there any video footage of rookies, in particular Collard?
If you have bigpond, there's video of Collard kicking a goal for Freo this year on the AFL site.

http://ivideo.afl.com.au/video/search.asp

richmondrules

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »
I am finding Collard a very interesting prospect now. I must admit I was a little apprehensive about taking other teams cast offs but from the little I have heard about him this pre season I am getting quietly excited. Could he become for us what dear old D-Rod was for Port last season and be the recycled pick up of the draft.

What can we realistically expect from Clayton this season?

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »
well i think that unless we have an injury all we can expect is for him to dominate in the VFL.
Krak kicked a few goals in the VFL last year and he could replace him and play more in the midfield too.
He is still young so if he can get himself elevated to the senior list at the end of the year he could become a good player for us ala aaron davey for the demons.
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
What can we realistically expect from Clayton this season?
He'll play NAB Cup as rookies are allowed to play in the preseason games but as Nugget said unless we cop a long-term injury to a small then he'll be stuck in the VFL and he will need to be consistently in the bests for Coburg to earn promotion at the end of the year. At only 19 there's time on his side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 04:28:57 AM »
he doesnt have a "Davey" game. hes more a floater type who when he gets the pill hes very very skillfull with it.

IMO the promising sign is that he seems to know how to get pill enough times to create scoring opportunities from. at least more times than krakouer did.

but the thing is if he can get fit and improve his stamina he then stops being a floater and becomes an extreme headache for opposition coaches and thats where i think he needs to improve.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:07 PM »
Collard is also 8cm taller and 16 kgs heavier  :o than Krak was so he has the size to win his own footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd