Author Topic: "If Richmond don't beat Carlton in round 1 then they're in big trouble" - Robbo  (Read 2871 times)

Hellenic Tiger

As much as I hate to say it Robbo is right and the media will be on Wallaces back from the round 1 pre and post game press conferences regarding his future.
Right now we are are 6 goal worse team than Carlton. Carlton beat us by 17 scoring shots round 1 last year 15.25.115 to 15.8.98. Lamentably I feel we are worse off this year and although there may not be 17 scoring shots difference the margin will be greater. What irks me is Carlton always seem to be there to deliver the crushing blow that finish us off for the year. The same will be said this year unless the Goblin turns it around. As long as we are failing abysmally and the spotlight is on Terry, Robbo will have a smokescreen up with on field matters pertaining with the Bombers. Hopefully if we a) sack the coach and a new one takes over or we have a good year on field (which I doubt with our personnel), then Eseendon has a poor run separarate to our issues or after they have been resolved so that we can see if Robbo is man enough to write crud on his beloved Bombers.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why are we so much more obsessed with the weekend results than ANY other club. Demons lose by 70 odd points - that okay, they're playing young players, Magpies lose by 80 odd points, oh they were all sh*tting liquid, hawks and swans who looked for much of the game like they were playing something very alien to AFL football etc etc. The media do it to Richmond every year and we always fall for it, lets bait the Tiger fans and see them take it hook, line and sinker. We are the dodgy builder of A current Affair - an easy story on a slow news day. Oh Richmond lost, its a slow footy day lets bag the Tigers and get the fans to ring in.
2 months in, lets see where we are at.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

Two months in we will more than likely have a new coach and possibly be half a game better if than what we were at the half way mark in 2007.

Little Jackie

Why are we so much more obsessed with the weekend results than ANY other club. Demons lose by 70 odd points - that okay, they're playing young players, Magpies lose by 80 odd points, oh they were all sh*tting liquid, hawks and swans who looked for much of the game like they were playing something very alien to AFL football etc etc. The media do it to Richmond every year and we always fall for it, lets bait the Tiger fans and see them take it hook, line and sinker. We are the dodgy builder of A current Affair - an easy story on a slow news day. Oh Richmond lost, its a slow footy day lets bag the Tigers and get the fans to ring in.
2 months in, lets see where we are at.

Its not about the result, win or lose. but more importantly how we actually played, and it was diagraceful, laughable actually.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Robbo is a twirp ;D

Seriously based on the theory that 1st round results in the NAB cup zre a guarantee for the season I predict the following teams will make the eight after 22 rounds;

Adelaide
Bulldogs
St Kilda
Essendon
Freo
Geelong
Carlton
Hawthorn

yeah right  ::) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

Essendon 4th  :lol  Bulldogs 2nd  ::) Gellong 6th  :rollin

Is this guy deluded or trying to sell a newspaper.
Geez Robbo is a moron.  :wallywink

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Essendon 4th  :lol  Bulldogs 2nd  ::) Gellong 6th  :rollin

Is this guy deluded or trying to sell a newspaper.
Geez Robbo is a moron.  :wallywink

Sorry HT74 ....although Robbo is a moron :thumbsup

I didn't explain myself - very well.

They are just the 8 NAB Cup round 1 winners in no particular order

The list of the teams above is what I've used to predict who will make the eight based on the media saying we will win the spoon in 2008 because we lost in the NAB cup. Trying to be a smart arse I am using the logic that all round 1 NBAB Cup winners will make the eight

But have heard Robbo say he reckons Essendon will make the 8 (of course he is a bummers supporter)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Mark Robinson on SEN just moments ago:

"Round 1 is such a massive game for Richmond. If they don't beat Carlton then they're in big trouble."

::)

He also said Richmond callers to SEN are his favourite because they're so passionate and you get a reaction. Whereas other club supporters like say St Kilda fans are quiet.

the big lard cant even sting 2 words together, he is better suited at been a barfly at the local pub while picking up bits of gossip from the punters...oops thats where he gets his info from, not unlike that other tool hutcho, who usually resides at the Rising Sun on Swan. :cheers

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
i think we must win ... this is a big call but ... if we win it will set up our season ... it sounds stupid ... but we need to get off to a good start ... carlton aren't a good team ... so we must beat them to have some confidence ... if we lose like we did last year's round one ... we all probably thought ... ohhhh no ... it is only one match ... but Football is physiological too ... who really knows ... if we win ... we could still lose the next 21 matches ... i could be very wrong with the physiological Football ...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
i think we must win ... this is a big call but ... if we win it will set up our season ... it sounds stupid ... but we need to get off to a good start ... carlton aren't a good team ... so we must beat them to have some confidence ... if we lose like we did last year's round one ... we all probably thought ... ohhhh no ... it is only one match ... but Football is physiological too ... who really knows ... if we win ... we could still lose the next 21 matches ... i could be very wrong with the physiological Football ...

i've been saying this since season end last year.
i dong care about how good players are developing this round 1 game is the bomb.
we win and we create a winning feeling at punt road, lose and we r gone.
if these players have any pride in the yellow and black jumper they will win this game, but unfortunately i don't have any confidence in them at all
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
 I agree we should win this one end of story. :o
 We are not playing Geelong Or West Coast over there it is Carlton in Melbourne. Carlton are as we know no good we need to beat there arses. :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robbo =  :wallywink