Author Topic: "I saw the wooden spooners on the weekend - Richmond": Buckley  (Read 2825 times)

Ramps

Re: "I saw the wooden spooners on the weekend - Richmond": Buckley
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
In any case basing season predictions on one round of the NAB cup is ludicrous.
Yep.  Says a lot about those that do.  :shh

smoke the problem is weve seen it all before and the defenders come out and say we are wrong and we'll be proven wrong and we dont know what we're talking about, at about R7 they usually start to admit that we were right and by R11 theyve joined in the criticisms. I dont think this year will be very different, I hope Im wrong but I feel our season will be done and dusted early in 2008.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »

smoke the problem is weve seen it all before and the defenders come out and say we are wrong and we'll be proven wrong and we dont know what we're talking about, at about R7 they usually start to admit that we were right and by R11 theyve joined in the criticisms. I dont think this year will be very different, I hope Im wrong but I feel our season will be done and dusted early in 2008.
Whether we have seen it all before or not is not the issue, basing any prediction on any team after Round 1 of the NAB Cup is ludicrous.  Basing it on your list or your gut feeling or your draw or your injuries makes more sense than on the first practice match of the season and what we have seen in this forum reflects other forums, talkback radio etc.  So many Richmond supporters have lost the plot after an unimportant and irrelevant first hitout.  Ludicrous.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
i havent lost the plot, even though some may think i have lol

but terry does not have long to change things around

but i live in hope, that by rnd 1 terry will wake up and have our team fine tuned to flog the blues to kindom come, judd or no judd!

richmondrules

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »

Whether we have seen it all before or not is not the issue, basing any prediction on any team after Round 1 of the NAB Cup is ludicrous.  Basing it on your list or your gut feeling or your draw or your injuries makes more sense than on the first practice match of the season and what we have seen in this forum reflects other forums, talkback radio etc.  So many Richmond supporters have lost the plot after an unimportant and irrelevant first hitout.  Ludicrous.

Agree that it is too soon to judge, and I certainly won't be, but I do understand the reaction of some supporters. Watching us against St Kilda did give me a sinking feeling but I accept we did not play well and I am not going to depress myself in the pre season. I will accept they are rusty and without match practice.

On one level I feel a bit silly, manipulated and used and abused by staying positive and being patent. There are times I feel the team doesn't deserve mine, our anyone else's support. But what can you do? I watch and support footy to enjoy myself. I personally get no pleasure from picking holes and criticising. I have no choice but to remain positive and look to the future. I follow Richmond and that will not change. I'm a little bit stuck I am afraid.

Roll on round 1.  :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »
Agree that it is too soon to judge, and I certainly won't be, but I do understand the reaction of some supporters. Watching us against St Kilda did give me a sinking feeling but I accept we did not play well and I am not going to depress myself in the pre season. I will accept they are rusty and without match practice.

On one level I feel a bit silly, manipulated and used and abused by staying positive and being patent. There are times I feel the team doesn't deserve mine, our anyone else's support. But what can you do? I watch and support footy to enjoy myself. I personally get no pleasure from picking holes and criticising. I have no choice but to remain positive and look to the future. I follow Richmond and that will not change. I'm a little bit stuck I am afraid.

Roll on round 1.  :gotigers
Couldn't have said it better myself.  I also didn't like what I saw on Friday night and a part of me does have that sinking feeling but I have firm, balanced and justified (all in my eyes of course) reasons for remaining positive.  Only history will tell me if I got it right or wrong but I'm too old in life to be suckered in and let the result/performance of our first practice match turn me into Chicken Little.

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
Taking pot shots at us is easy, safe, takes little imagination or brain and, lets face it, justified when looking at recent history.
True RROFO. He could have easily said the Dees or wishful thinking his own Pies based on the NAB Cup but he chose us because you're right we are easy targets. Still if we're so crap then what does that say about teams like the Pies that lose to us  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd