Author Topic: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age  (Read 14491 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2008, 04:29:36 PM »
Practices matches are just that Practice & getting a feel trying out game plans
yes it good to get excited about but all clubs these days save it for the premiership season

Tell that to Karen Lyon  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2008, 04:41:11 PM »
yes it good to get excited about but all clubs these days save it for the premiership season

:rollin

Tigermonk

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »

Tell that to Karen Lyon  ;).

never heard of the woman

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
The Age has changed its tune in a fortnight

Full article at: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/general/jumping-at-shadows/2008/03/01/1204227048471.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

How does the song go again

I can see clearly now the rain has gone

:gotigers :gotigers

"I can see clearly now the rain has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way, gone are the dark clouds that had me blind....   :gotigers

:gotigers ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
You know what...I have to admit that us winning a premiership for me is not the be all end all. I've been fortunate enough to personally experience four tiger premierships in my lifetime. Whilst I'd like nothing better than to see us win many more premierships whilst I'm alive, its the ride that I'm enjoying more so than the destination.
Every year, the tigers bring me enjoyment, from the speculation of draft day to the last game of the season. Glorious come from behind wins to painfull last minute defeats, participating with a great group of people on this forum, collecting tiger memorabilia and proudly wearing our colours. They are all part of the experience of being a passionate and loyal Tiger fan. Don't get me wrong, I take all our losses very hard but the following weekend I bounce back in the hope of another victory and every season I hold hope for finals footy.

As long as I have the Tigers to support, no matter what happens, my life will never be empty.

Here's a joke that for me sums up true tiger passion.

Mike, a mad Tiger fan went to the G to see a game between the Tigers and the Cats. From the outset we are being flogged at every contest and every goal against us was like a knife in Mike's heart.
In the end The Tigers lose by over 100 points. Mike feeling incredibly dejected heads off to the toilets, looks in the mirror and says this is the end for me, I've had enough. He pulls out a razorblade and slashes his wrists. At that very moment a mate of his pops his head into the toilets and says.."Hey Mike you up for a road trip to the Sydney game next week?" Quick as a flash Mike slaps his wrists together to stop the bleeding and says..."What time are you picking me up"  :lol