Author Topic: Tigers put on notice - March  (Read 3134 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers put on notice - March
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »
That article say nothing new to what he said in his annual report to the members and at the AGM.

Nothing earth shattering.

Also it is about time our playing list was put on notice - sick to death of them not copping their fair share of the blame and hiding behind the heat the coaches cop.

surely the players must be made accountable ::)

Isnt that the job of the coach and accountablity is part of the players role.

Jack IMHO - All should be made accountable. Your arguement for the majority of last year and this whole off-season has been the only person who should be held to account is the coach. That's not realistic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
That article say nothing new to what he said in his annual report to the members and at the AGM.

Nothing earth shattering.

Also it is about time our playing list was put on notice - sick to death of them not copping their fair share of the blame and hiding behind the heat the coaches cop.

surely the players must be made accountable ::)

Isnt that the job of the coach and accountablity is part of the players role.

Jack IMHO - All should be made accountable. Your arguement for the majority of last year and this whole off-season has been the only person who should be held to account is the coach. That's not realistic

Players ran our club through most of the past 15 years - hard to swallow but true. I remember asking David Parkin where he saw RFC in 2000 and he said that they had a lot of talent but their leaders were all too selfish.

Players of a football club are like actors on a movie set - they are the show but that doesn't mean they should run it.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 12:40:01 AM »
i think the players are responsible ...

i always say ... "who kicks the goals ? who kicks the ball ? Players or Coach ?"

though ... why is Jade Rawlings our forward line coach ??? ... plus he is Coburg Coach ??? ...

Geelong Players have got it right ... the players know its just them that has control ...

Mark Thompson has installed that belief, and has many times told the media and football world ... he doesn't do much ...

yet, people will debate that he isn''t a good coach ... but all i have to say is ... he won a premiership ... he built that team ...

just like Terry is trying too, though i haven't seen drastic changes in the style of play ... i am still trying to work out what it is ...

can somebody tell me or try to explain what it is ???

lol

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
Looks like a rehash of March's B&F and AGM speaches.

Something about low standard performances no longer being tolerated.

Little Jackie

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
Looks like a rehash of March's B&F and AGM speaches.

Something about low standard performances no longer being tolerated.

If my memory is correct, he said the same thing last year about players being on notice.
No doubt some one on here will find the article as it was in writing and he quoted it.

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »
 Just because were in March does not mean March has to speak out, if we are going to let our actions do the talking shut up march and wait for April. :lol :banghead

Little Jackie

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
Just because were in March does not mean March has to speak out, if we are going to let our actions do the talking shut up march and wait for April. :lol :banghead

He wont have time in April. they will all be hinding in a bunker some where.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »
This is why the club should keep its trap shut :P

-------------------------
Tigers want respect
by: Paul Gough
Sportal
March 27, 2007

Richmond president Gary March says his AFL club's goal this year is all about earning respect, saying the Tigers' huge improvement over the past two years has gone unnoticed by the rest of the football world.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?action=post;quote=53770;topic=4659.0;num_replies=36;sesc=261fb73c98b25eb33f9825d2f4308b7d
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
No one is more responsible or accountable than anyone else.

And unless you know where the problem is, how do you know who is accountable when things go pear shaped?

You would think that 30 years of experience could help point RFC in the right direction, but more often than not they didn’t look further than the end of their nose before making a decision.

Is it all just coincidence that clubs like Richmond, Melbourne and the Bulldogs never get anywhere?  Have these clubs been operating in a different Leauge all these years, or have they just lacked awareness, nous and not just money?

Neale Daniher spent 10 years at Melbourne and still didn’t know what made his players tick after a decade.  Don’t know their situation, but maybe if they had provided him with the resources that other clubs have things could have been a bit different.

Finally, RFC has bitten the bullet and, this season, I’m just waiting to see what impact Jeff Bond and his team will make.  Anything has to be better than what we’ve experienced to now.

Without expecting too much, I live in hope because Geelong had the team, but it wasn’t until they brought in a leadership group, from outside the Club, which helped them all ‘grow up’ a bit and ‘sort themselves out’ that took them to another level as players and a team.  No one at Geelong was able to do that previously.

Greg Miller endlessly tells us about the quality of players on our list, but our players never seem to get beyond the early stages of their playing careers.  They mature in years and experience, but their footy, to now, has never reached a level, as a team, that is anything comparable to that of the good teams.

Can you blame the players for that, or even the coaches, or do you wonder about the resources the players, and coaching department, have been provided with, up until the end of 2007, in order to help them progress?  Because no coach has been able to do that at RFC in the time I’ve been watching.

Something new would be good, or better still, something good would be new.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »
Long time no see TS. Welcome back  :).

Yep we've only begun giving the footy dept the resources it needs. Our new big ticket resources won't be seen until this time next year at the earliest - the redevelopment of Punt Rd Oval and the new player facilities there plus new training facilities at Craigieburn. It'll be nice for a change for our players to train on a MCG sized ground rather than a saucer.

Little Jackie

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »
Long time no see TS. Welcome back  :).

Yep we've only begun giving the footy dept the resources it needs. Our new big ticket resources won't be seen until this time next year at the earliest - the redevelopment of Punt Rd Oval and the new player facilities there plus new training facilities at Craigieburn. It'll be nice for a change for our players to train on a MCG sized ground rather than a saucer.

Can tell you Geelong faciliites arent flash either. Can you tell its not much fun for them training in the middle of winter down there.
And the indoor facilites they use in the back blocks( yes I have followed them there in the past) is an old run netball/basketball hall run by the YMCA.
Can tell you its all about recruiting guys with abit of "" ticker"" . Might add see one play for the bombers the other night, NO 1, Neagle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »
Kardinia Park is just a smidge bigger than Punt Rd and most of the Catters were recruited 7-9 years ago. No one thought that whole club had ticker until this year.

Neagle did look promising the other night but let's judge him after more than just one game. He is 20 and coming into his 3rd season.

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
Neagle hmm product from down here
son of Merv his very talented will go along way

Little Jackie

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »
Neagle hmm product from down here
son of Merv his very talented will go along way

This kid has got something most at punt road havent got, a bit of mongrel.
Twice the other night I noticed him knocking over opposition players as they were trying to get to their feet. Not bad for a 20 year old i reckon. he actually let the opposition know he wasnt going to cop in crap.  They knew where he was.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
Bet Gary is glad he spoke publicly in this article  :nope. We always have a shocker after these type of statements.