Author Topic: Mike Sheahan's Richmond season preview - Good start critical for Tigers  (Read 2742 times)

richmondrules

Re: Mike Sheahan's Richmond season preview - Good start critical for Tigers
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 07:04:22 AM »
A couple of early losses and the joint will self explode

And a couple of early wins and some people may self implode  :rollin

Jackstar

What would have to happen this year for you to write an apology online to TW.

???

lol. I doubt getting an apology from Jackstar would be terribly high up on TW's list of wants or needs.   :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »
A couple of early losses and the joint will self explode

And a couple of early wins and some people may self implode  :rollin

both statements are true.
nothing will please as more than to see us fight and win all 3 but i mean do u blame us for being negative toward this team when they are being lead by queen johnson
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »
There's video of Mike Sheahan and Mark Stevens discussing Richmond on the Herald-Sun footy site: 
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
And I reckon Mike Sheahan should be worrying about his son Tony getting the flick from 7 :shh,

thats what happens when you go reporting something before it actually occurs, perhaps he needed to get advice from his father or better still dennis commeti.

silly boy...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »
And I reckon Mike Sheahan should be worrying about his son Tony getting the flick from 7 :shh,

thats what happens when you go reporting something before it actually occurs, perhaps he needed to get advice from his father or better still dennis commeti.

silly boy...
If he had copied his father he would be reporting something that the public already knew lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »

silly boy...

WRONG.  he reported correctly and got the flick for it, how can you get the flick for telling the truth :banghead
That good reporting I reckon.
Mail is that Commetti wanted to do it himself on 3AW.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »

silly boy...

WRONG.  he reported correctly and got the flick for it, how can you get the flick for telling the truth :banghead

I think Im missing half this story.  What are we talking about here?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »

If the pen hasn't been put on the paper it aint a deal ;D

But whatever - was still not a smart career move by Sheahan Jnr. You get the flick when you run with story about one of your own networks biggest names and don't check with said name first

Not smart
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 03:29:35 AM »
Mike's blog has some comments from Tiger supporters about his preview:

Quote from: Douthteezee of Edithvale
I also think that the Tigers will be big improvers this year. People forget how decimated by injury the Tigers were last year and with McMahon helping out with better delivery down back, Coughlan back from a knee (B&F only 3 years ago lets not forget), Simmonds looking like he is in the best shape of his life with the additional training (he runs the 20 meter sprint just .2 of a second behind Deledio now), Morton will add a bit of bulk to the midfield and down forward and then there is Trent Cotchin who most feel will step straight in to the senior side. Lets not forget how good joel Selwood was last year and supposedly Cotchin is better.

I look at this, pre season form (Dont forget, the saints will probably win the NAB cup) and the end of last year (Beating the pies & the bombers and being in winning positions against the Saints & Eagles) and I think the playing group that richmond have are certain to challenge for a spot in the Top eight. I dont think they would have a big impact in the finals if they made it, but I do think that Terry Wallace has his team pushing in the right direction and could be serious contenders come 2009.

Quote from: madmick of hamton park
Mike, like all other rfc members,it seems a case of the old and nothing new ie SKILL,SKILL,SKILL.
Cant hit leading players by foot or hand,pressure or no pressure.Ithink that our so call skills coach should take responsbility and quit. IE Brian Royal.Our list is getting better, so its wait and see time as usuall.But as a passoinate tiger man the last ten years has been as bad as it gets. terry wallace wont last 2 weeks if we lose the first game, the media will see to that.Then what start again not on my life.
let the TIGER ROAR LOUD AND PROUD IN 08 AND THEN we tiger supporters can have the last laugh for once.   

Quote from: mattymul of Kensington
Sheahan,
What would you know about Richmond supporters?
Hoisted the white flag?… You are a fool.
Beware the wounded Tiger, EAT ‘EM ALIVE!

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/mikesheahan/index.php/heraldsun/comments/good_start_critical_for_tigers/#commentsmore