Author Topic: Coburg vs Williamstown practice match  (Read 3217 times)

Ramps

Re: Coburg vs Williamstown practice match
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »
In the Coburg Seconds game Rance made his comeback from an ankle injury and was fantastic, his attitude and leadership (yes leadership from a 18 y/o) was brilliant.

This kid is a natural leader and also a gun footballer. Very attacking and very hard at it. He strives to make every post a winner and has that winning mentality that a Captain requires. This kid will be Captain of the RFC at some stage as long as he stays here.

This is another reason why the McMahon trade was a really bad trade for us. People in football know the Rance family is a good football family and that Alex Rance is a good kid with the correct qualities to succeed in footy. If we had pick 19 we could have added Scott Selwood to our club and he is another kid with the correct qualities and leadership to succeed. We gave up a chance for Selwood for McMahon and that is a bad bad mistake.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »
Cheers for that MT, really reckon RFC not just the Burgers are going to rue Andy Collins departure.

As MT said Bluey - Andy Collins left Coburg and I reckon Rawlings is going to be good ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
Cheers for the report and updates TFL  :cheers.

I can't understand why the likes of Polo and Edwards aren't playing for Richmond unless they are carrying a niggle or in Edwards case still a niggle in his quad.

Any reason why Collard is playing in the VFL ressies?  :-\

The word from training this week is Putt will play round 1 for Coburg seniors.

I reckon Polo has done something and been given a pre season ban from playing in the ones and maybe the club has kept it in house. All of his form according to the pundits has been v.good from intra club through to practice matches but not one run in the seniors.
WTF?
Anyone heard anything?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
Cheers for that MT, really reckon RFC not just the Burgers are going to rue Andy Collins departure.

As MT said Bluey - Andy Collins left Coburg and I reckon Rawlings is going to be good ;)

na i disagree. maybe rawlings might be good but he is trying to wear too many hats.
how can he be the coach and thenat the same time be one of our assistants
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
Isn't the Coburg coaching job on a part-time basis?
Andy Collins was Career & Welfare Manager for Cricket Victoria as well as coach of Coburg. Didn't seem to be too many hats.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 03:57:23 PM »
Cheers for the report and updates TFL  :cheers.

I can't understand why the likes of Polo and Edwards aren't playing for Richmond unless they are carrying a niggle or in Edwards case still a niggle in his quad.

Any reason why Collard is playing in the VFL ressies?  :-\

The word from training this week is Putt will play round 1 for Coburg seniors.

I reckon Polo has done something and been given a pre season ban from playing in the ones and maybe the club has kept it in house. All of his form according to the pundits has been v.good from intra club through to practice matches but not one run in the seniors.
WTF?
Anyone heard anything?
He is coming back from that shoulder that kept popping out. Perhaps they are giving it more time and being cautious prior to the real stuff. That's the only thing I can think of.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wilba

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »
whats happening with this young collard i thought he did enough in practice matches to at lease get a look at now hes playing resvfl has he done something wrong down at tigerland can someone give any info???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 10:36:38 AM »
Andy Collins was Career & Welfare Manager for Cricket Victoria as well as coach of Coburg. Didn't seem to be too many hats.

Absolutely 100% correct FF  :thumbsup :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 12:16:36 PM »

Absolutely 100% correct FF  :thumbsup :thumbsup

i stand corrected then
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
whats happening with this young collard i thought he did enough in practice matches to at lease get a look at now hes playing resvfl has he done something wrong down at tigerland can someone give any info???
Needs to improve his fitness I'm guessing. He was also in the rehab group last week at training.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd