Author Topic: We need to fine-tune: Wallace  (Read 13706 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We need to fine-tune: Wallace
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »
Fantastic post and I totally agree.
Watch some great kids in the pre season games this year perform well, havent seen any at our club.
The age theory is complete rubbish and just another lame excuse.
Tell you something MT, come and watch a few games with me this year and I will point a few things out to you.
Richmonds problem is that we are extremely poorly coached and have and still are recruiting poorly, we dont develop players when they are at the club which further esculates the problems we have.
And might also say that some of the kids we have arent much good either. These kids have been picked up in the past 2-3 years under the Wallace reign
I know my footy thanks very much. I don't need a school lesson  ::). I also know to take preseason form with a grain of salt.

I also know that the reason you draft a lot of kids is because about half on average don't make it. The problem in the past has been Richmond recruited just a few kids and threw all their eggs in one basket somehow miraculously expecting every one of them to make it. It doesn't work that way and it's the reason we have a massive hole in our list and we still require oldies Richo, Bowden, Johnson and Tivs  :P instead of what should be a large mid-20s core which doesn't exist at Punt Rd.

Amusing seeing our own supporters exhalting the one-game wonder preseason/practice games of other club youngsters while bagging our own who have done far more at the same age and are required to carry more of the workload in the real stuff thanks to a crap senior core or what's left of it.

The other amusing thing is because I and others see us as a young inexperienced side who won't make a real impact for another 2-3 years and hence Plough mostly likely will be gone in 18 months time anyway we get called Wallace lovers who need a lesson in footy strategy. One minute it's the kids we recruit are all no good and the next it's soley the coach's fault. I know it's frustrating being told to wait longer after already waiting a quarter of a century thanks to the club's own ineptness but please! :rollin   

Whats amusing is that OUR best young player has been playing at Coburg.
- EDWARDS!
The rest will have little or no impact at the RFC . If you think the likes of JON and others will make an impact, you are all deluded.
Lets dont mention Peterson.
Riedwoldt is no certainty to make it either.
So thats one player out of the 2006 National Draft who shows something, the rest including Connors and Collins, the jury is out. Matty White as well.
And how many times ar the going to keep rooking Cam Howat?
Surely the must know about him now.

As for pre-season form, its funny actually laughable that Richmond supporters ""fobb off"" its only pre-season form, cause you know what, we cant win anything. Facts are everytime they ran out to play they actually try and win. Can tell you they were peeed right off against losing to the saints

And I might add,hindsight is a great thing but why didnt they pick up or look at Steven King and or Charlie Gardiner like the saints did,? They would have been better off going and getting them than having some of the rubbish they kept on the list. Can tell you that both will play most games at the saints and release the pressure of Reidwoldt and Kozi

And if they did pick them up, it will solve your age and experience issue :wallywink
Kings last 5 games have resulted in 3 premierships :thumbsup

I corrected you about this a little while ago so dont try it again with your babble.

King and Charlie WANTED to leave Geelong and CHOSE St Kilda as their prefered destination.

Geelong were very good about it and obliged by taking a nothing pick, 90-ish.  Geelong could've commanded much more but they respected that's where they wanted to go.

Oh.  FACT!  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Watch some great kids in the pre season games this year perform well, havent seen any at our club.
Tell you something MT, come and watch a few games with me this year and I will point a few things out to you.
Richmonds problem is that we are extremely poorly coached and have and still are recruiting poorly, we dont develop players when they are at the club which further esculates the problems we have.
And might also say that some of the kids we have arent much good either. These kids have been picked up in the past 2-3 years under the Wallace reign
I know my footy thanks very much. I don't need a school lesson  ::). I also know to take preseason form with a grain of salt.

I also know that the reason you draft a lot of kids is because about half on average don't make it. The problem in the past has been Richmond recruited just a few kids and threw all their eggs in one basket somehow miraculously expecting every one of them to make it. It doesn't work that way and it's the reason we have a massive hole in our list and we still require oldies Richo, Bowden, Johnson and Tivs  :P instead of what should be a large mid-20s core which doesn't exist at Punt Rd.

Amusing seeing our own supporters exhalting the one-game wonder preseason/practice games of other club youngsters while bagging our own who have done far more at the same age and are required to carry more of the workload in the real stuff thanks to a crap senior core or what's left of it.

The other amusing thing is because I and others see us as a young inexperienced side who won't make a real impact for another 2-3 years and hence Plough mostly likely will be gone in 18 months time anyway we get called Wallace lovers who need a lesson in footy strategy. One minute it's the kids we recruit are all no good and the next it's soley the coach's fault. I know it's frustrating being told to wait longer after already waiting a quarter of a century thanks to the club's own ineptness but please! :rollin   

At least other clubs produce kids that CAN play and show something.
Shane Edwards looks a terrific player in the making. Where has he been playing ? You tell me!

As for your mate Plough, you wont have to wait 18 months, more likely 18 weeks  ;)
Whats frustrating is that we havent shown ANY signs of improvement and if Plough thinks that guys like Jay Schulz and that other weed from the Dogs are the future, well he has rocks in his head and he will die by his own decisions.
The team lacks mongrel, plays with little aggression.
You know something else, teams used to fear playing the RFC back in the 70,s thesedays, they know more than likely than not that the tiges will"' roll over "" by half time. Fact!

Had a quad problem so he's been wrapped in cotten wool for round 1 I imagine, playing in a lower level such as Coburg so he still gets a run but it isnt at AFL pace that might hurt it.  Smart coaching considering pre-season games are worth nothing.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
Jackstar,

I normally refrain from
a) reading your posts, and
b) responding,

but hey, it's Sunday morning the Force just got knocked off and I'm a little steamed up.

But your last two posts are just plain rubbish.  MT posts lists, comparative ages etc. and you come out with sweeping statements and no fact.  You exhibit no knowledge about football, building something and developing people.

If other clubs are so good at developing kids and so many of them.  Name them.  Hiding behind a statment "at least other clubs produce kids that CAN play"  is just so much BS.  Name them.

If anything that is the one thing that has improved out of sight since TW came to the RFC we are developing footballers.

A quick list would be:
- Luke McGuane,
- Daniel Jackson,
- Adam Pattison,
- Dean Polo,
- Will Thursfield,
- Nathan Foley

Marginal:
- Kel Moore

I've left out the first rounders as they're expected to make the grade.  That's just a quick list of players that have improved, "developed" at the Tiges.  And I'd take all of them ahead of any other clubs players.  (And yes that's an emotive statement not a logical one, but that's what being a fan is about.)

yeah, some haven't kicked on, some will take an extra year or two, Casserley, JON etc.  That's called development.  It's how it works and all clubs do it.

I am glad you read my posts H/Tiger, its better than the dribble than comes out of ploughs mouth :lol
I laugh when you say I exhbit no knowledge of football, thats comedy at its best :lol
The quick list of players you have listed.
Only Thursfield and Foley would be the only players I would keep, long term.
Dont think McGaune is up too against teams that would play finals football, imagine playing him on a Juston Koschitzke type player, especially when you would ahve Gehrig and Riewoldt up there as well, just an example. or Luke McGaune on Scott Lucas, good luck!

Wouldnt think that Daniel Jackson wouldnt get a game at another club on a regular basis either

Patterson, jury is out there as well, not good below his knees and got flogged against experience rucks in NAB cup.( Have a look at game against the saints against Steven King, note his positioning at centre bounces, might as well conceded the contest)
Not a rap for Polo, bit of a weird character.,also got injury problems which arent good.

JON will never make it, why ? he cant kick , pure and simple

One thing is for certain that richmond havent developed there younger players.
Where is Danny Meyer?  Tambling, oh yeah, he has really developed hasnt he, NOT!
And Carl Peterson, it was all too hard.

Anyway, you should of watched the NAB cup last night, seen a star in the making, Kurt Tippett. I actually watched him play at Southport 2 years ago. My memory he didnt play any junior football and played basketball instead.?? Told the powers at punt road, only to fall on deaf ears, we took Reiwoldt and Edwards, I know who will be the better player between Reiwoldt and Tippett. Considering Tippett was injured for most of last year. :banghead. By the way , Tippet is 10cm taller

Mate, I could pick 2 players from every club that have shown up in the NAB cup games, tell me any young player the tiges have pushed up and played well ??? No one.  And there playing our best youngster at Coburg-Edwards,who will be a star I might add.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:53:16 PM by Jackstar »

Little Jackie

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »

Shane Edwards looks a terrific player in the making. Where has he been playing ? You tell me!

As for your mate Plough, you wont have to wait 18 months, more likely 18 weeks  ;)
Whats frustrating is that we havent shown ANY signs of improvement and if Plough thinks that guys like Jay Schulz and that other weed from the Dogs are the future, well he has rocks in his head and he will die by his own decisions.
You know something else, teams used to fear playing the RFC back in the 70,s thesedays, they know more than likely than not that the tiges will"' roll over "" by half time. Fact!

Had a quad problem so he's been wrapped in cotten wool for round 1 I imagine, playing in a lower level such as Coburg so he still gets a run but it isnt at AFL pace that might hurt it.  Smart coaching considering pre-season games are worth nothing.  :thumbsup

Smart coaching :banghead. Thats not possible
Could of played him off the bench .

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »

Smart coaching :banghead. Thats not possible
Could of played him off the bench .

Yes you could've but why would you when its a NAB challenge game?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2008, 09:58:21 PM »
Too say its just a NAB game is the lameless excuse of all time.
We cant win any game, we struggle for membership.
Can tell you that they had a real red hot go against the saints.
We have a losing culture mentality and to say its only a nab cup game just shows why the tiges are on the bottom.

Big difference between the tops clubs and the losers, as Geelong showed on friday nite, every opportunity to squash opposition teams, jsut squash them

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »

:clapping :clapping :thumbsup

Patterson, jury is out there as well, not good below his knees and got flogged against experience rucks in NAB cup.( Have a look at game against the saints against Steven King, note his positioning at centre bounces, might as well conceded the contest)

He got beaten against experienced ruckman :o Struth that's a surprise seeing he is coming into his 4th season what's King up to? That's to be expected I would think - it is what the kid learns from it that's important

This is funny - how would you or anyone else know what happened there? Insider info ;D

And there playing our best youngster at Coburg-Edwards,who will be a star I might add.

Edwards has been injured - hence why he is coming back through Coburg. Now I would think this is a good thing but obviously I am sadly mistaken  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 10:04:30 PM »
Whats amusing is that OUR best young player has been playing at Coburg.
- EDWARDS!
The rest will have little or no impact at the RFC . If you think the likes of JON and others will make an impact, you are all deluded.
Lets dont mention Peterson.
Riedwoldt is no certainty to make it either.
So thats one player out of the 2006 National Draft who shows something, the rest including Connors and Collins, the jury is out. Matty White as well.
And how many times ar the going to keep rooking Cam Howat?
Surely the must know about him now.

As for pre-season form, its funny actually laughable that Richmond supporters ""fobb off"" its only pre-season form, cause you know what, we cant win anything. Facts are everytime they ran out to play they actually try and win. Can tell you they were peeed right off against losing to the saints

And I might add,hindsight is a great thing but why didnt they pick up or look at Steven King and or Charlie Gardiner like the saints did,? They would have been better off going and getting them than having some of the rubbish they kept on the list. Can tell you that both will play most games at the saints and release the pressure of Reidwoldt and Kozi

And if they did pick them up, it will solve your age and experience issue :wallywink
Kings last 5 games have resulted in 3 premierships :thumbsup
King is 29  ::). Alright for the Saints who are going all out for the flag but he won't be around in 3 years time. Injury-prone too which is why Blake did most of the ruck last year for Geelong in tag with Otto. I can just imagine the outcry if we recruited King and/or Charlie Gardiner. Just what we need another injury prone ruckman and/or another VFL standard footballer.

As for preseason form it does mean bugger all. Carlton over the past 5 years proves that. I forgot deluded Essendon fans now think they'll finish top 4  ::).

As for Edwards he had a quad injury which is why he didn't play in the NAB Cup. The past week I think he's okay again. Cotchin and Rance would've played too if they weren't injured. Foley and Tambling started and spent a lot of that Saints game on the bench because they weren't 100%.

As for the 2006 draft, which kids apart from Joel Selwood and Westhoff have shown anything of substance  ???. Even Gibbs was played in a back pocket. Your judging and dismissing kids after one year  ???. Can tell you Connors will most likely struggle this year without a preseason but I'm sure some Tiger supporters will call him a dud. Agree with you Jack on JON and Howat though  ;).

As for the 1970s. If I hear another Richmond supporter bring up ancient history I'll -> :chuck lol. Hello 21st century! It says it all that we're only now beginning to move the club facilities and resources into the modern era.

As for your mate Plough, you wont have to wait 18 months, more likely 18 weeks  
Didn't you say that last year and that Sheedy would be our coach  ;).

ps. I'm no "mate" of Plough's. Neither for nor against him. I can look at things objectively  :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »
MT, wait and see come round 8 ;)

Lets see who has shown something

Selwood-Superstar in the making
Everitt
Djerrkura
Jetta
Tippett
Davey
Tom hawkins
Goldsack
Westhoff( You forgot about him MT ) ;)
Gibbs
Boak
Nathan Krakouer( he is a gun)

Would think you would agree with that lot, if I have forgotten anyone else, let me know.

As for the 1970,s thing, the message I was trying to put across that other clubs think the tiges are the easy beats

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »
then your telling me that since being drafted that these players are duds in their first years

Adam Cooney
Nick Del Santo
Nick Rewoldt
Justin Koschitzke
Chris Judd
Burgoynes bros
Cornes bros
Brendan Goddard
Brett Ebert
Daneil Wells
Jarred McViegh
Brett Stanton
Alan Didak
Luke Hodge
Lance Franklin
Jordan Lewis
Abletts bros
James Bartel
Bryce Gibbs
Grant Birchall
Dale Thomas
Scott Pendlebury
Daneil Kerr
Marc Murphy

l could add 100 players to this list who progressed from lower level to solidate spots in there clubs top 22
must be all duds cause they had no problems after being drafted from there lower levels & are the league pass setters
notice none of them are Tigers cause our devolopment is so far off the rest & our skills have never got any better
we still turnover the ball like we got a team of Fiora's still & shriek away from hard contests like he did

Richmonds great drafts over recent years
Deledio - proven but not played by his coach properly TW thinks his a FF  :lol :rollin :rollin
Tambling - tribal runner - runs around does nothing
Hughes - not given the chances
JON - given chances he dont deserve another DUD first pick 8 2005  :rollin :rollin hand full of nothing games great selection
Polak - can play but coach dont know how to play him his wasting away ?? his a backman not a forward
Travis Casserly - never played one game draft 2005 wtf another time waster
Jack Rewoldt - namesake dummy first pick 2006 a hand full of games sets the world on fire
Shane Edwards - exciting & wasting away whos fault
Clayton Collard - ???? ex freo draft no good so we took him in to comfort him
Daneil Conners - look at me  :lol look at me  :lol great team player not
Andrew Collins - drafted 2006 for Coburg
Dean Polo - has class but breaks easy l know this lad but how will his coach play him ? cause l think his better than Tambling
Danny Meyer - gets a good game rap on a injured Wanganeen & where is he now pfft why we keep him BROKEN
Mitch Morton - Father /son West Coast draft same year as Deledio played 2 handful of afl games
Dean Limbach - wtf never played a game delisted
Luke McGuane -  floppy jumper lad been broken
Thursfield - floppy jumper lad been broken
Shultz - what can l say the coaching has destroyed him should have traded long ago
Tim Fleming had mongrel we get rid of him for some girl size players
Billy Nicholls cant forget him  :rollin
David Rodan - 2 time Morrish medalist had something to give & we delisted him how FFS
Pettifer - first pick sets the league on fire :rollin
Tivendale - class recruit ruined by coaching
Richo - l would have dropped him till he pulled his kicking together
Sipthorp ??????? who why what
Coughlan - always broken would have traded him to WA team for several players when we could cause he will leave
Tom Roach - name sake
Nathan Brown - broken - mentaly broken from wooden spoons
Andrew Raines should have left with his brother  :rollin great recruiting
Marty McGrath - hmm ruined by bad coaching
Krakouer - ruined to many dinners at Frawleys house to close to coach
Chris Hyde - ruined by coaching & head injuries he had something to offer
nearly forgot Captain Kane Johnson  :rollin getting the captaincy destroyed him
Jake King - performer has balls & skill
Chris Newman - Next Captain best recruit better than Deledio has Balls
l know l have forgotten some but hey

and last of all for memories David Bourke - floppy jumper  :rollin always broken wings  :rollin badly developed & under nourished  :lol you think RFC would learn from that with Thursfield & McGuane & bulk them up while they injured & in the Gym how pathetic

and Richmonds biggest mistake of all them years is they have not made up a solid backline & brought duds for midfield & forward when it was the backline all the time that needed fixing  :rollin :rollin

l just taken this off the top of my head but our recruiting no matter who was doing it has recruited some good players but they get damaged by our poor coaching & development & cant produce a counter attack or defence gameplan once his gameplan blows up nice job TW

Little Jackie

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
I wont say one word Monk

Tigermonk

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »
haha l just splashed that up while eating dinner & knocking up my 30th can
thats why its set out very sloppy & all over the place so l hope you can see what l'm trying to point out

that we are all doomed  :lol

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »
Jackstar,

I normally refrain from
a) reading your posts, and
b) responding,

but hey, it's Sunday morning the Force just got knocked off and I'm a little steamed up.

But your last two posts are just plain rubbish.  MT posts lists, comparative ages etc. and you come out with sweeping statements and no fact.  You exhibit no knowledge about football, building something and developing people.

If other clubs are so good at developing kids and so many of them.  Name them.  Hiding behind a statment "at least other clubs produce kids that CAN play"  is just so much BS.  Name them.

If anything that is the one thing that has improved out of sight since TW came to the RFC we are developing footballers.

A quick list would be:
- Luke McGuane,
- Daniel Jackson,
- Adam Pattison,
- Dean Polo,
- Will Thursfield,
- Nathan Foley

Marginal:
- Kel Moore

I've left out the first rounders as they're expected to make the grade.  That's just a quick list of players that have improved, "developed" at the Tiges.  And I'd take all of them ahead of any other clubs players.  (And yes that's an emotive statement not a logical one, but that's what being a fan is about.)

yeah, some haven't kicked on, some will take an extra year or two, Casserley, JON etc.  That's called development.  It's how it works and all clubs do it.

I am glad you read my posts H/Tiger, its better than the dribble than comes out of ploughs mouth :lol
I laugh when you say I exhbit no knowledge of football, thats comedy at its best :lol
The quick list of players you have listed.
Only Thursfield and Foley would be the only players I would keep, long term.
Dont think McGaune is up too against teams that would play finals football, imagine playing him on a Juston Koschitzke type player, especially when you would ahve Gehrig and Riewoldt up there as well, just an example. or Luke McGaune on Scott Lucas, good luck!

Wouldnt think that Daniel Jackson wouldnt get a game at another club on a regular basis either

Not a rap for Polo, bit of a weird character.,also got injury problems which arent good.

JON will never make it, why ? he cant kick , pure and simple

One thing is for certain that richmond havent developed there younger players.
Where is Danny Meyer?  Tambling, oh yeah, he has really developed hasnt he, NOT!

Anyway, you should of watched the NAB cup last night, seen a star in the making, Kurt Tippett. I actually watched him play at Southport 2 years ago. My memory he didnt play any junior football and played basketball instead.?? Told the powers at punt road, only to fall on deaf ears, we took Reiwoldt and Edwards, I know who will be the better player between Reiwoldt and Tippett. Considering Tippett was injured for most of last year. :banghead. By the way , Tippet is 10cm taller

Mate, I could pick 2 players from every club that have shown up in the NAB cup games, tell me any young player the tiges have pushed up and played well ??? No one.  And there playing our best youngster at Coburg-Edwards,who will be a star I might add.

You should learn to read.  I don't read your posts.

So now from all clubs you've named one player.  Kurt Tippet.  Guess what, he was high on our agenda to recruit as well, but we only get one pick in 16 so we can't get every good player.  (Given the couple of posts in between have added this note:  Guess what we get one pick in 16.  Other clubs get to pick good players as well.)

As stated numerous times by others and you continue to ignore, Shane Edwards has been injured and is being nursed back.

But hey bring up a pick 70 odd as proof of lack of development. Actually I hear it was more proof of establishing discipline.  It doesn't matter if Jackson and McGuane don't make it.  The discussion was on development, of which you claimed the RFC did none.  The fact that both those players played pivotal roles in an RFC victory last year indicates that at least once in their careers they did it.  They have developed.

So from the sweeping statement of all clubs your provide one (out of 640 odd that must be tough) and promise to nname two per club.  Well we've got more than two.  You acknowledge two and I can build a case for at least two more.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »
Lets see who has shown something

Everitt

Showed what?  What his big bro's hear used to look like. If you reckon Riewoldt has shown very little then Everitt is in the same category.

Tom hawkins

He like me showed that eating Fast food is not a good thing  ;D And I would think this pre-season has shown he is going to struggle without Nayfan Ablett not being around and that is scary

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »
They developed a wooden spoon  :rollin