Author Topic: 2005 membership numbers  (Read 2009 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
2005 membership numbers
« on: August 13, 2004, 06:31:17 PM »
You can just feel the excitement and happiness running through Tigerland since Wallace jumped on board. How do you think this momentum in turn will transfer to membership numbers?

If we can achieve 27,500 under Spud when finishing in the bottom 4 for the third year in a row then I'd reckon we could reach low 30s now that Wallace has signed up and if we draft and trade well. Anything higher I believe will have to wait as I think there'll be some supporters burnt by false dawns who will wait to see signs of on-field success before jumping on the badwagon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: 2005 membership numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 10:56:02 AM »
I know a lot of people are worried and have been burnt in the past but this truly is different...I think everyone must know that.

I said we should break 30....my father thinks that there is no reason why we shouldnt break 35 considering the amount of 'lost' members after being Bottom 4 for the past two years....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:35:31 PM »
I'd reckon your dad will be right om21 once we make the finals with an exciting style of footy to watch. All successful Tiger sides played footy even neutrals wanted to watch. I don't blame losing solely for the drop off in crowds although it of course played its part. It was the way we played the last few years under Frawley that turned off people from going IMO as it sent you to sleep. There was just nothing to get excited about - low scores, no system, no kids coming through, nothing! :sleep

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 08:54:42 AM »
I reckon we will get the 30K easily.

At least 2000 should come from those who said they wouldn't buy a membership as long as Danny was coaching ;D

I think between 32-32,000  :shh :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 04:59:05 PM »
At least 2000 should come from those who said they wouldn't buy a membership as long as Danny was coaching ;D

HAHAHAHAH And didnt we have a few of those? I told my mrs not to sign up bc of that idiot.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:28:01 PM »
I don't blame losing solely for the drop off in crowds although it of course played its part. It was the way we played the last few years under Frawley that turned off people from going IMO as it sent you to sleep. There was just nothing to get excited about - low scores, no system, no kids coming through, nothing! :sleep
That is absolutely spot on MT!

I recall going and watching us in the late 80's and early 90's when KB was coach and we weren't very successful.We had  a few young guys guys like Knighter and Freezer coming through who were showing promise and we had something that resembled a gameplan.I still attended quite regularly.

Yeah we got thumped heaps of  times but we also had a surprise win here and there.

Watching us this season i would bet my house that this is the most pathetic team i have seen since i started following us in the seventies and its no wonder with that  crap style of play that every Tiger supporter is frustrated and disillusioned with.

Anyway back to the point... I think membership numbers will be heavily influenced by what happens in trading and who we offload.

October 1st thru to the draft could be the most significant and important time at the club since Hafey and Graeme Richmond teamed up in the sixties to turn the clubs fortunes around.

froars

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 02:40:26 AM »
But i reckon the real figure will be 29,999 - and a few board members will buy a couple of extra tickets for their pets to put it over the 30,000 lol
Even when we were making the finals back in 2001 we couldn't break the thirty barrier.
I think the supporters are out there, they just need a couple of years convincing and then they'll come back in their droves.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 02:51:15 AM »
But i reckon the real figure will be 29,999 - and a few board members will buy a couple of extra tickets for their pets to put it over the 30,000 lol

The "no pets allowed" sign at footy grounds stops half of Hawthorn's members from turning up to games  ;D.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Our new president - the kid down the road who owns an ant-farm and won on proxies.