Author Topic: Lids' hair  (Read 4710 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Lids' hair
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 10:34:03 AM »
Should leave it blonde.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »
someone mentioned it looked a bit like tony mokbel when he had hair. :lol

richmondrules

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »
someone mentioned it looked a bit like tony mokbel when he had hair. :lol

The future doesn't bode well for Lids then.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »
As far as his hair, Lids will hope he ends up more like a Hird or Brad Johnson than a Judd lol.

Surprised more hasn't been made of his poor game.
Seems to have escaped scrutiny in the win.
Will be looking for an improved effort in round 2.

If we had lost I think Lids would have Magic. Kicked 2 goals (one from a free) but had little influence on the game and should be disappointed that a dud like Bannister held him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
As far as his hair, Lids will hope he ends up more like a Hird or Brad Johnson than a Judd lol.

If we had lost I think Lids would have Magic. Kicked 2 goals (one from a free) but had little influence on the game and should be disappointed that a dud like Bannister held him.

Hey ease up on Jordon, I coached him ;)

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »

and here I was thinking you were the boot studder...

:bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »

lol. Well he has been in the system 8 years as a fringe player (just 61 games). Mind you he did his job on Lids.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »
Lids needs to grow a Merv mo like his dad had lol

But the bigger coup was the recruitment of Ron's brother, Wayne Deledio, a former Carlton and Brunswick player. Standing 6 feet, Wayne had a near perfect football physique, complimented by a fierce determination.

Often Wayne would finish a gruelling Sunday morning training session by attacking a punching bag in the clubrooms. Such was the fury, one could not help but feel sorry for the bag!

It was a similar story on the field.  Late in a match against Moonambel, Wayne received a fee kick. It was a miserable winter's afternoon.  Continuous rain had saturated the ball and it could barely travel 30 metres.

To everyone's surprise, Wayne, who was just inside the centre square, prepare to shoot for goal, a near impossible task even in excellent conditions.  As Wayne started his run up, a spectator bellowed, "You can't kick that, Deledio," Stopping abruptly, he glared defiantly towards the voice. With total composure Wayne carefully wiped the waterlogged ball on his guernsey, telegraphing his intentions beyond any doubt.

An eerie silence engulfed the fround.  Slowly he ran towards the man on his mark. The sound of his boot making contact with the ball was reminiscent of a huge stock whip being cracked. The ball as heavy as a lump of lead, took off like a jumbo jet.  As it reached its peak, it seemed to hang momentarily in the dark winter sky before gliding down over the heads of the dumbfounded players standing in the goal square.

Those who witnessed that goal say it is something that they will remember for a lifetime.

In his first season with the Bulldogs, 1979, Wayne Deledio streaked away to win the Lexton League Best & Fairest award by 14 votes.  With a massive 35 votes he blitzed the field in the Maffescioni Award with a margin of 16 votes. Wayne also won Avoca's Best player award, the club goalkicking award, and was selected in the Lexton League side.

1980 was an even better season. His achievements included another Lexton League Best & Fairest award with 23 votes, the Maffescioni Award with 33 votes, the Avoca club Best & Fairest and a best on the ground performance for the Lexton League against the Western Plains League.

Personal achievments aside, the Deledio brothers effectively carved their names into the history of the Avoca Football Club in 1980, when they led the Bulldogs to their first premiership in 27 long years.

http://avocafc.vcfl.com.au

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »
Personal achievments aside, the Deledio brothers effectively carved their names into the history of the Avoca Football Club in 1980, when they led the Bulldogs to their first premiership in 27 long years.
Let's hope Lids jnr can do a similar thing at Punt Rd.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 05:20:37 PM »

Didn't Jim Jess end up playing for Avoca into his 40's ??

Hopefully they got rid of the tricolour

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »

They still have the tricolour. Darth I think you're right about the Ghost.

http://avocafootballnetballclub.bigpondhosting.com/photos/1998premiershipteam.jpg
I think that's Jess in the back row 3rd from the left in their 98 premiership side.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

http://avocafootballnetballclub.bigpondhosting.com/photos/1998premiershipteam.jpg
I think that's Jess in the back row 3rd from the left in their 98 premiership side.

Thanks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »
Lids must have heard everyone as it looked liked today he's gone the crew cut.

Little Jackie

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »

It is Jim and his brother is there as well

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »
Lids must have heard everyone as it looked liked today he's gone the crew cut.

My missus will be a bit disappointed to hear that  :lol
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine