Author Topic: Rich v Norf  (Read 12958 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Rich v Norf
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
Not getting ahead (trying real hard) of myself here, but this is a huge game coming up for the Tiges.

Hate is a term I really hesitate to use, but I hate carltank and skunks and I know some here Hate Norf.

Been a while since we have played them in our backyard, like I said huge game - Discuss  :gotigers

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:55:18 AM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Rich v Norf
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »
1. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

2.Anyway we will have 10 day break North 6 but it still may amount to anything even though North are playing on the harder underfoot surface of Telstra Dome.

3. North have been a bogey team to us over the years. From Round 2 1990 when Longmire kicked 12 and they flogged us by 141 to Finals 95 when the beat us to Round 22 96 when their last quarter burst prevented us from Finals Footy. Plus the McCartney and Martyn matches in 02 and 03.

4. They are a characterless footy club. Characterless fans characterless players like the whole lot of them were made with the same mould. We are a powerhouse of the league in terms of fans and finances and that should equate to us being a better footy team on field. We should be destroying  clubs like the Kangaroos on field as we did in 1974 when they thought they were good enough to take on the Big Boys and fell way way short. Last thing I would want to see is some characterless, Nobody, insecure with himself and his footy club player Like Corey Jones, Daniel Harris, Scott McMahon have a day out high fiving other nobodies and like minded characterless dorks in blue and white.

5. In order to not see these dorks have a day out we need to match them in intensity, tackle and contest hard, be fierce on the ball, use the ball effectivelly skillfully and distribute cleanly as well as make the correct decisions at the appropriate times as it will not be easy. However it can be done as the Roos are vulnerable and the team most likely from the top 4 from last year to fall out of the top 8.Remember they were 0-3 and below us on the ladder and 3 round into 2007. Reminds me of us in 01 when we would win it would be narrowly and when we would lose it would be heavily. Any small decrease in impetus and they could go tumbling down the ladder as those narrow wins they had last year will equate to narrow losses and in a year where they are trying to cement a future in Melbourne (again) :lol this could be very grave on the 2009 membership and survival guide. Let's hope they fail abysmally and the AFL pull the pin on these morons.  :pray

6. For me personally it will be great and I will be two thirds of the way there to seeing my dream start come to fruition against the teams I hate more than any others.

1. Carlscum
2. Can you lend me some spare change in the Roos
3. Skunks.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »
i am pretty sure the last time we played them at the g we beat them,

we can win this game if we play 4 quarters as we played the 2nd half yesterday.

we just have to keep playing to our strengths and keep focused

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
My memory is obviously not the best, but for what it's worth last 2 games at the G

Round 11, 10 Jun 2006 MCG Richmond defeats North Melbourne  102-67
Round 21, 24 Aug 2001 MCG Richmond defeats North Melbourne  92-88

All other 5 games in between at Turd Dome all losses  :pray

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »
can we win it..............yes we can

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
My memory is obviously not the best, but for what it's worth last 2 games at the G

Correct CUB  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
Norf a team I absolutely hate with a passion

Huge chance for the Tiges but..... 10 days is a long time in footy  :thumbsup

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »

round 11 correct   was the game my pilgrimage report was on i was there it was bloody cold  and WE WON
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »
Foley on the RFC website says they aren't getting too excited

As his coach had done straight after the win, Foley was quick to shoot down any hype surrounding the victory, preferring to quickly soak up the moment before looking ahead to his team’s next challenge –North Melbourne after a lengthy 10-day break.

“It is nice to be able to have the win and move on to next week,” he said.

“It’s a good, solid feeling that hopefully can build up some confidence … we’ll remain calm and not get too excited.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=56659

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 09:07:51 PM »

round 11 correct   was the game my pilgrimage report was on i was there it was bloody cold  and WE WON

Remember it well. I was sitting in the Olympic Stand and it was so foggy and cold that day the Great Southern Stand was so obscure through the fog. Remember Danny Meyer's goal right foot snap from the boundary line in the left forward pocket at the Punt Rd End near the end of the game.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 10:58:14 PM »

Remember it well. I was sitting in the Olympic Stand and it was so foggy and cold that day the Great Southern Stand was so obscure through the fog. Remember Danny Meyer's goal right foot snap from the boundary line in the left forward pocket at the Punt Rd End near the end of the game.
Yeah geez it was dark and apart from Nathan Thompson and maybe Wells we won every match-up.

The 2001 game was Richo kicking 1.6 with the "1" being the winning goal lol.

I'm just glad it's at the 'G and not a "home" game at the Dome. And being early in the season North don't have a retiring champion or milestone game to pump themselves up. If we beat North I have a good feeling we'll start the season with 3 wins  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes this week / Who should come in for Sugar?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:51 AM »
Who do you ppls think will come in for Sugar?

Any other changes?

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes this week / Who should come in for Sugar?
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:00 AM »
Edwards and Polo for Kane and Howat

It will probably be Tiv and Hyde though :(

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 07:59:48 AM »
better not be tiv, anyone but tiv

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
Edwards for Kane I reckon.

David King made it sound like Polo isnt quite recovered from that shoulder injury yet.
EAT EM ALIVE!