Author Topic: Cam Howat reported and out for 3 weeks  (Read 3884 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Cam Howat reported and out for 3 weeks
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
He should have taken the two weeks.
He shouldn't have hit him (behind play) in the first place.

Correct .

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 12:10:20 PM »

Correct .

more gold from captain obvious :clapping

Little Jackie

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »

Correct .

more gold from captain obvious :clapping

FFS! Do the crime , do the time. Anyway, they found a jumper for you yet Blaisee? ::)

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »
So how many wins in a row do we need before you say something positive about TW?

8)

Offline Son of Dad

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »
The footage is inconclusive but I'm not sure why Cam and the club appealed when he pleaded guilty for striking  ???.

that's what baffles me...he either hit Hartlett or he didn't and by admitting to striking he was always gonna get done by the tribunal. Considering the lack of footage it wasn't going to be downgraded after he admitted to the act :banghead

silly thing to do maybe, but a bit of mongrel doesn't go astray :thumbsup

Little Jackie

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 12:50:13 PM »
So how many wins in a row do we need before you say something positive about TW?

8)

Dont get too carried away, last week was 16th Vs 15th remember. ::)
And the first half was terrible by both teams, oh you forgot about that did you ::)

richmondrules

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
The footage is inconclusive but I'm not sure why Cam and the club appealed when he pleaded guilty for striking  ???.

that's what baffles me...he either hit Hartlett or he didn't and by admitting to striking he was always gonna get done by the tribunal. Considering the lack of footage it wasn't going to be downgraded after he admitted to the act :banghead

I've been scratching my head over this one too. Was he trying for only 1 week? Was he hoping the charge being downgraded from deliberate to reckless would mean a lowering of the sentence. Was he upset that someone might have thought he meant to hit the guy? Can't help thinking the whole appeal was a mistake if he was going to plead guilty. What sort of appeal is that?

When I watched the video I could see Howat was watching the ball not Heartless when Heartless went down. I have no doubt Heartless was holding him and I have no doubt Howat lashed out without looking to get rid of the scragging prick. Reckless yes, deliberate no. Be that as it may he should have taken the deal if he felt he was guilty of the offence. The AFL are consistently unfair when it comes to these matters.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »

I've been scratching my head over this one too. Was he trying for only 1 week? Was he hoping the charge being downgraded from deliberate to reckless would mean a lowering of the sentence. Was he upset that someone might have thought he meant to hit the guy? Can't help thinking the whole appeal was a mistake if he was going to plead guilty. What sort of appeal is that?

When I watched the video I could see Howat was watching the ball not Heartless when Heartless went down. I have no doubt Heartless was holding him and I have no doubt Howat lashed out without looking to get rid of the scragging prick. Reckless yes, deliberate no. Be that as it may he should have taken the deal if he felt he was guilty of the offence. The AFL are consistently unfair when it comes to these matters.
Cam was trying to downgrade the charge to one week but given it was off the ball once Cam admitted guilt to striking he was gone. The AFL aren't going to tolerate off the ball strikes especially as Carlton claimed Hartlett had concussion. There was inconclusive evidence whether Howat caused Hartlett's concussion until Cam pleaded guilty  ???. Silly appeal.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
fact is he got what he deserved & he should have taken the 2 weeks instead of wasting time & money
have a rest for 3 weeks get some skill & manners

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
Think this we will see of Howat in the yellow and black. Out for three weeks lets a youngster like Edwards in and he will struggle to break back in.

richmondrules

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
Think this we will see of Howat in the yellow and black. Out for three weeks lets a youngster like Edwards in and he will struggle to break back in.

I was thinking that too. Feel a bit sorry for the guy. If I was him I'd be spending all my free time for the next 3 weeks kicking a ball with my right foot.

Little Jackie

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

I was thinking that too. Feel a bit sorry for the guy. If I was him I'd be spending all my free time for the next 3 weeks kicking a ball with my right foot.

he has plenty of spare time, is continually on facebook :shh

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:14 AM »
Administrator, please merge this thread with the "Are hardmen still in the AFL" thread.