Author Topic: Out of Contract Players  (Read 6723 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Out of Contract Players
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004, 03:27:09 PM »
WP u better be lying.......otherwise someone pass me a gun......please!

:lol - I said don't quote me on that  ;D

Whatever the situation I reckon we will know within the next week.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2004, 03:36:36 PM »
Rumour has it that Pettifer will refuse to sign and go to the Hawks via the PSD.

LMAO at the complete Dud dictating terms if that's the case.  Hope it's true btw.  This will solve our dilema as we MUST utilise picks 36 and 52.

Now that is funny  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

But why wait until the PSD - de-list him now if he doesn't want to be there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 10:08:58 AM »
We have talked about out a lot of out of contract players, he's one from left field, Chris Lamb.
And I will be honest I only know about this kid because I have met his dad (who is a top man, for an old fella). I don't think we would take him PSD but he's a big guy and a kpp (back line).

Melbourne drew a curtain on the frustrating careers of backman Chris Lamb and young tall Luke Molan, originally heralded as the youngsters who would develop into the linchpins of the Demons.

Lamb showed promise in 2002, succeeding the injured Alistair Nicholson at full-back and playing two finals, but he played only three games in 2003 and none in 2004.

He would be best remembered from a sickening incident late in 2002 when he fell headfirst to the ground, lying motionless for several minutes amid fears he had broken his neck.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/10/12/1097406571257.html

I saw him play for Melbourne against Brisbane in Brisvegas 2002 and he went well. Apparently Demon supporters can't understand why the reverend wouldn't give him a go last year and they were pretty right for backs this year, even though he was playing well....... Do we need a fullback?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 03:18:48 AM »
Lamb just hasn't reproduced what he showed in 2002. As we know with many of our own Tigers in recent years, one good year isn't good enough to remain on a AFL list. Another club might throw him a lifeline but not us. We want someone who'll walk into our best 18 (ok that's not very hard at the minute  :shh)

Just read Port's delistings. No surprises expect to say there's no news yet of Salopek staying there or putting him name in the PSD. I think Oct 29 or 31 is the final day for delistings (?).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 08:04:07 AM »
Salopek is still contracted for another year. Porthos on BF, who pretty well knows everything Port Adelaide, is sure he signed for 3 years when drafted in 2002.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »
Salopek is still contracted for another year. Porthos on BF, who pretty well knows everything Port Adelaide, is sure he signed for 3 years when drafted in 2002.

Cheers FF.

In that case, it looks like it'll be a pretty thin PSD and it could get worse if Pat Bowden, Travis Johnstone and Bizzell re-sign. The latter two would probably be out of our budget anyway given they'll be most likely be overpriced based on what they're asking. Johnstone coming to Tigerland would be ironic given the Dees chose him over Otto.

Not much out there  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2004, 04:20:20 PM »
Just bringing this back to the top again and updating/correcting it. Only Newman, Pettifer and Hyde I'm unsure about.

How long is Moore's contract for? I'd presume 1 year?

Out of contract: Newman, Pettifer, (Hyde may have re-signed?).

2005: Archibald, Bowden, Cambo, Chaffey, Gilmour, Hall, Hartigan, Hilton, Jackson, Johnson, A.Kellaway, Morrison, Raines, Roach, Rodan, Stafford, Tuck, Zantuck.

2006: Gas, Richo, Schulz, Tivs.

2007: Brown, Cogs, Krakouer

2009: Simmonds