Author Topic: Coburg vs Geelong (ABC TV game)  (Read 8631 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Coburg vs Geelong (ABC TV game)
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
JON, anyone here who thinks he played a good game must of been watching SBS the afternoon and not the ABC ::)
FFS, he has little idea. ::)

AFTER pumping the reigning premiers by 12 goals all you have to say is to bag jon

get a life you miserable prick

Another quality post by Blaisee, keep up the quality posts.
For what its worth, I was talking to my contact at the burgers and they are thrilled with the younger players they have.
Actually I really like Caruso :thumbsup
Reminder Blaisee, if Tivs can look like an absolute champion playing at the burgers, I wouldnt get to carried away you ""quality tool ""
Actually you should win tool of the week for your quality internet posts :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

jack,

you are a disgrace

you prove it time and time again.

The performance yeasterday was just outstanding. Mathew White, Morton, riewalt, connors collins were sensational.

to lament on the performance of JON when he improved after half time, is just inaccurate and sad.

Get on board and support this developing young team instead of sniping it at every opprtunity.

Your comments are not those of a ricmond fan.They are the comments of a disgruntled ex employee with an agenda against his old boss.

Grow up, build a bridge, and get over it.

Another quality post Blaisee. The way you post you have the arrogance of someone who supports a team who has won back to back flags, you are a complete tool. The difference between VFL and AFL is huge, maybe you should go to a few games ::)
Fact is  that Matty White struggles at AFL level.
Connors was ok
I liked Mortons game.
Reiwoldt, has to improve in certain areas and in his handful of games at AFL hasnt done much
Dont let reality get in the way of some tool who wants to post crap on the internet ::) ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead

you describe yourself perfectly.

support the tigers and stop sniping, i wont let you get away with it

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »
not much of a crowd there which shows VFL footy is not good as everyone makes out

I will assume TMonk you watched it on the TV? The crowd was on the TV side of the ground. Not a great crowd but reasonable around the 1000 mark I would reckon.

The quality of the actual game is extremely good. The crwod sizes in another issude IMHO. How you get the crowd numbers up is the $64 question as they say

Was a very good game :thumbsup

Especially happy with the team orientated stuff, chasing,tackling etc and 2nd and 3rd efforts that what it is about. The monet the Burgers got away from that Geelong scored those goals late in the 3rd.

Agree with others with the assessment of the RFC boys. I was particularly impressed with Cartledge - alot more mobile that I had seen him previously
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »
Tivs is good value. Will be very good for the young kids in the 2's and I don't mean that in a derogatory fashion either. I get the feeling he will take his role at Coburg very seriously. He won't do a Gaspar that's for sure.

Spot on RROFO 100%

He showed that yesterday - was excellent  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »
great game by tivs and morton. the ladder is certainly fit for senior footy.

if they are serious about reiwaldt then play him in the seniors for like 5 weeks in a row. Let him build his confidence by playing seniors more than one game here or there.

as for JON when he plays seniors something is missing in my eyes. He can collect 30 posy's for coburg but he aint fit for senior footy. In fact i cringe every time he goes near the footy, thats how poor i rate him.

nonetheless a great performance but need to back it up against north

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Little Jackie

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
JON, anyone here who thinks he played a good game must of been watching SBS the afternoon and not the ABC ::)
FFS, he has little idea. ::)

AFTER pumping the reigning premiers by 12 goals all you have to say is to bag jon

get a life you miserable prick

Another quality post by Blaisee, keep up the quality posts.
For what its worth, I was talking to my contact at the burgers and they are thrilled with the younger players they have.
Actually I really like Caruso :thumbsup
Reminder Blaisee, if Tivs can look like an absolute champion playing at the burgers, I wouldnt get to carried away you ""quality tool ""
Actually you should win tool of the week for your quality internet posts :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

jack,

you are a disgrace

you prove it time and time again.

The performance yeasterday was just outstanding. Mathew White, Morton, riewalt, connors collins were sensational.

to lament on the performance of JON when he improved after half time, is just inaccurate and sad.

Get on board and support this developing young team instead of sniping it at every opprtunity.

Your comments are not those of a ricmond fan.They are the comments of a disgruntled ex employee with an agenda against his old boss.

Grow up, build a bridge, and get over it.

Another quality post Blaisee. The way you post you have the arrogance of someone who supports a team who has won back to back flags, you are a complete tool. The difference between VFL and AFL is huge, maybe you should go to a few games ::)
Fact is  that Matty White struggles at AFL level.
Connors was ok
I liked Mortons game.
Reiwoldt, has to improve in certain areas and in his handful of games at AFL hasnt done much
Dont let reality get in the way of some tool who wants to post crap on the internet ::) ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead

you describe yourself perfectly.

support the tigers and stop sniping, i wont let you get away with it
You have NF idea.
Sniping ? I tell them to their face.
I am not some weak gutted prick that just writes on the internet you TOOL!
Get a life Blaisee, even better start attending some games of football

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2008, 02:51:54 PM »
I was particularly impressed with Cartledge - alot more mobile that I had seen him previously

WP is Angus Graham playing in the Coburg 2's or is he injured ?

Who was the 2nd ruck for Coburg yesterday, and how did he perform ?

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
Graham is injured, not sure how long he is out for.

There were no 2's yesterday DT, they start this weekend  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »
I was particularly impressed with Cartledge - alot more mobile that I had seen him previously

WP is Angus Graham playing in the Coburg 2's or is he injured ?

Who was the 2nd ruck for Coburg yesterday, and how did he perform ?

No VFL reserves this week Darth - they start next week.

So Gus Graham didn't play not sure exactly if he is injured - did have his ankle heavily iced after last weeks Coburg praccy game.

Coburgs back up ruckman was a bloke called Chris Stewart who come from North Heidelberg. He's about 6ft 5".

Stewart was a standout player in the TAC cup 4 odd years and was considered a top 10 draft prospect but didn't get picked up, they say because of his workrate.

I don't really know that much about alot that or the TAC cup kids so if someone else remembers him they maybe able to explain it a bit better

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »
Coburgs back up ruckman was a bloke called Chris Stewart who come from North Heidelberg. He's about 6ft 5".

Stewart was a standout player in the TAC cup 4 odd years and was considered a top 10 draft prospect but didn't get picked up, they say because of his workrate.

I don't really know that much about alot that or the TAC cup kids so if someone else remembers him they maybe able to explain it a bit better

Thanks WP, will be a very interesting Match Comittee meeting this week at all levels.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »
Coburg Tigers prepare to roar
Greg Gliddon
Moreland Leader
31Mar08

WITH AFL lists constantly changing, it is hard to gauge how VFL sides will stack up going into the season.

But this year there is reason to be optimistic at Coburg Football Club.

A senior Grand Finalist last year and runaway winner in the reserves last year, Coburg will head into the 2008 VFL season with an enviable amount of depth.

With new coach Jade Rawlings taking over from Andy Collins, who has departed to the South Australian National Football League, and a stream of top AFL draft picks to choose from most weeks, Coburg would likely expect at least another top-four finish.

The Tigers boast one of the strongest VFL-AFL club links.

They have already produced two AFL-drafted players.

Richmond picked up Jarrod Sylvester and, most notably, Jake King.

King was widely regarded as best on ground in Richmond's opening-round win over Carlton.

This year, the club's connection with TAC Cup powerhouse the Calder Cannons has also allowed it to add a host of the region's top juniors to its squad.

The club is so close to Calder that 16 of its players on the list have previously been involved with the Cannons at under-age level.

Among those are Natale and Fortunato Caruso, Andrew Horne, Shaun Huy, Nick Cattapan, Travis Dulic and Christian McErlain, while Dean Putt and Angus Graham will line up for the Tigers, having already secured places on Richmond's senior list.

The club is also developing a close relationship with the North Coburg Saints in the Essendon District Football League, with a host of Saints players expected to push for selection in the Coburg VFL side.

Tigers general manager Ryan O'Connor said the club was gaining momentum off the field, signing two new major sponsors in the off-season.

"We have had a very big pre-season to top off last year's results and we are very excited about what lies ahead," Mr O'Connor said.

"We have also confirmed Moreland Mayor Joe Caputo will be our No. 1 ticketholder this season."

The Tigers will this year host the annual Anzac Day blockbuster against Box Hill, while the club has also secured a clash with Collingwood on Mother's Day when no AFL games will be played.

Coburg hosted the Cats in the Grand Final re-match on Saturday after Moreland Leader deadline.

* Stay updated with the VFL and other leagues at the Leader's local football web site, which can be found at www.localfooty.com.au

http://www.morelandleader.com.au/article/2008/03/31/32176_cov_sports.html