Author Topic: Collard!!!!!  (Read 989 times)

Offline wilba

• Future Richmond star
Collard!!!!!
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »
I am sorry?? I need to say this Why are they holding him back??? and dont give me this bull???? that he is not fit  because he played very well in the club matches and kicked lots of goal in the games that he has played thas far???? what are the brains trust down there thinking what else doe,s he need to show Richmond??????.Why did they get him for to wast him playing 2s for coburg give the boy a chance to show what he can do  on the big stage!!!!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Collard!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:52:54 AM »

Clearly Hawks have a different approach because Stewy McDue looks like the side of a barn and they are playing him. I swear I saw him tucking into an old recipe kfc chicky drummy at qtr time last week.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

blx

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
very dramatic posting there wilba but heres my twist on Collard.

He was delisted by Freo because of a huge attitude problem so im inclined to think that he wont get an easy gig here until he can show he's turned that attitude around.

During games he has massive periods of dawdling around the park combine this with his non existant defensive game and he's a long way off.

However his offensive game is very good. He knows where to be at the right time. He's a crumbers crumber in that regard and will be a great addition next year if he can pull it all together.

Wont get a look in this year as he's rookie listed but if he continues to improve he could be a real find. If he goes well he might get promoted at the end of the year otherwise we have two years to try and get him right.

I have faith in the coaching staff to do the right thing and let this boy develop before unleashing him.

dew will be a good pick up for them. was never a skinny type to begin with but that never stopped him from being a good player at port.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:33:05 AM by blx »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
Collard is an interesting one. He seems extremely talented but is reluctant to do the team things and put in the work. Basically from what I have gleamed (which is all hear-say) he has authority issues.

Hopefully being moved on from Fremantle has given him a much needed wake up call and he grasps this new opportunity at Tigerland with both hands.

I don't want to see another super talented player pee their opportunities up the wall just through youthful arrogance. I hoping Collard sits in our forward pocket in the next few years causing the opposition headaches.

Defensive pressure, concentration, doing the team things and fighting for a place is what young Collard should be working on this year. If he gets a sniff of the main list then he should have earned it.

Stripes

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »
Very good post there Stripes.

Collard does have a lot of natural ability as a crumbing forward, but he needs to work a lot hard on the team things and also the defensive side of his game.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »
Chillout dude.  I wish they'd do this with every draftee we get.  Make 'em earn their spot and give them the leeway to develop, learn and make errors away from the limelight.  The coaches are doing fine.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »

He was delisted by Freo because of a huge attitude problem so im inclined to think that he wont get an easy gig here until he can show he's turned that attitude around.

During games he has massive periods of dawdling around the park combine this with his non existant defensive game and he's a long way off.

However his offensive game is very good. He knows where to be at the right time. He's a crumbers crumber in that regard and will be a great addition next year if he can pull it all together.

Did you see Dew? He is fxxking huge. He won't be able to keep up round 1 form in that condition.  He was way skinnier at Port. He looks like Dean Riolipolie

Wont get a look in this year as he's rookie listed but if he continues to improve he could be a real find. If he goes well he might get promoted at the end of the year otherwise we have two years to try and get him right.

I have faith in the coaching staff to do the right thing and let this boy develop before unleashing him.

dew will be a good pick up for them. was never a skinny type to begin with but that never stopped him from being a good player at port.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »
collard should not even be talked about or discussed when we have a class act like morton trying to get in the team

morton poos on collard

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »

Hit the nail on the head. Tremendously talented, if he can get his attitude right will be a amazing acquisition