Author Topic: WTF, our fwd line  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
WTF, our fwd line
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
All i heard and saw against Nth was Richo against 3 or 4 all game.  Yeah i agree that the centres need to look around more but at what? When the camera panned back during a marking contest there was no one else around presenting half the time.  When it was kicked to Richo who is up against multiple players he would at least bring to ground with NO crumbers around.  Correct me if im wrong but if Richo is drawing more than one defensive player to him then we should have spare forwards, so where are they? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: WTF, our fwd line
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
All i heard and saw against Nth was Richo against 3 or 4 all game.  Yeah i agree that the centres need to look around more but at what? When the camera panned back during a marking contest there was no one else around presenting half the time.  When it was kicked to Richo who is up against multiple players he would at least bring to ground with NO crumbers around.  Correct me if im wrong but if Richo is drawing more than one defensive player to him then we should have spare forwards, so where are they? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Amen.   :clapping

Almost the same as my post on BF.

We're on the same wavelength.  :thumbsup

This is why we lost today.

This, and no match for Jones.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
this is what I posted on another thread ..highlighting the same thing

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6807.msg93024#msg93024

Quote from: {X} on Today at 10:04:32 pm
richo has got to stop demanding the ball all the time, has to play smarter and that what i mean about team play

No see that's where we disagree.

I reckon he should keep demanding the ball, let the opposition send 3 to him and free up other options for us - they triple tag him we should use this to our advantage currently we don't.

He takes out 3 and our mids play a bit smarter and fire the ball off to say Lids, Brown or whoever else is there free and we get some cheap goals. Then when they (the opposition) finally wise up and start manning up we then get Richo one on one in a contested situation he is likely to either take the mark or get to the ground - crumber lurking ...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »
Same old bad habits. Blame our soft lazy mids who won't run. North has more players up and down at every marking contest.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:33:58 AM »
Our "Forward Line Structure" is "The Massive" problem! Our set ups creates leads to pockets near the 50 metre line. North Melbourne played a 2 man, man on man forward line which was open space. We had 4 men in the 50. Where and How The F***, can out players lead up the ground instead of the pockets.

I look at each forward line before each bounce. we had 4 men around the goal-square and 30 metres in a rectangle shape. North Melbourne had 3 men which would have two push back to the goal-square and the other push up leaving 30-40 metres of space. Thats how Jones got space and his goals. North Melbourne played a 2 man deep forward line with plenty of space.

Look how many times they had a one on one in front of goal. Grant (That push in the back moment which wasn't paid, but life goes on) Thompson twice (who floated to take marks with no pressure, just an awareness of space he had) Jones (3 goals from leading) Matt Campbell twice (crumbing goals, had space to run and use his speed)
'I
Jade Rawlings should be SACKED or we should get another Forward Coach. "I" believe that it is still the players, so i point my finger at the players. Though having a former AFL player who played most of his career in the backline as our forward coach hasn't worked.

We are still very DUMB!

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:46:44 AM »
Especially when Richo has up to 5 opponents on him.  Where are our others forwards then?

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »
Was it in Wallace first year? Commentators were talking about Terry's Triangle.  That seemed to work for our fwd line.  The old less is more scenario,  Now we seem to be playing more inside the 50 at the bounce and leading out towards the pockets.  Are we just overcrowding our fwd line. Seeing how hard and fast both Richo and Sarge can lead why not just have those 2 and 1 or 2 crumbers feeding off them. At least when Richo is going up against multiple players he brings it to ground for a crumber who can either have a shot or at least try and hook up another "spare" fwd.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »
Richmond forward line is a laughable rabble
players chasing for possession instead of playing a forward attack/defensive role & not maning up  :lol
leaving Richo to combat a army of Kangaroo defenders is a farce.  :lol  too see it several times was a disgrace to supporters paying to watch it RFC should sack the forward coach today  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
I look at each forward line before each bounce. we had 4 men around the goal-square and 30 metres in a rectangle shape.
Hawthorn has Buddy's box and it works for them. If your midfield supplies decent footy then a forward line will work. We got pumped in the contested footy and clearances on Sunday so we were forced wide as North controlled the corridor. Even when we did mark inside 50 it was usually close to the boundary because North deliberately allowed us to lead into these less dangerous areas on the ground. Brady Rawlings admitted that after the game. When we did try to cut back inside the final kick usually ended up landing 40m out from goal which is easy to defend against instead of at the top of the square because we couldn't get the ball in fast and deep enough to put pressure on the North defence. Add to that many of our mids went into lazy self-preservation mode and wouldn't run forward in case they got burnt on the way back by their North opponent.

We are still very DUMB!
Agree there.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:13 PM »
After today's performance by our forward line slow is the word that comes to mind. We smashed the Pies in the centre clearances today yet the ball came back out of our forward line faster than if we had instead a brick wall 30m out from goal. No defensive pressure to lock the ball inside 50 from our forwards whatsoever. 5 minutes into the first quarter you knew we were in big trouble.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 06:42:36 AM »
was only able to watch up till quater time? but one stat that reallyy stood out was marks inside 50 Collingwood 7? to richmond 0.  No way can we win a game if we cant get a mark inside 50.  Again Richo was getting multiple opponents and no-one in our team seemd free, yet when one of our backs helped out on either Rocka or Cloke then the skunks were able to spot up a free man. When going into our 50 how much of this is pressure form the opposition and how much is lack of vision from our players.
King as a forward player was one to watch always damaging, as a coach is he being allowed to apply his skills and knowledge if so he needs replacing ASAP or is Wallace to insecure to admit that his assistant has more skill than him in any area?
Richo plays his arse of every game but isnt what id call a smart player. If he was hed use the multiple tags to draw defence out of the area to set up a team mate wih an easy mark and set shot at goal.  IMO he needs to be dropped for a week or two that would allow us time to shake things up a little. we are much more unpredictable without him there.

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:25 PM »
was only able to watch up till quater time? but one stat that reallyy stood out was marks inside 50 Collingwood 7? to richmond 0.  No way can we win a game if we cant get a mark inside 50.  Again Richo was getting multiple opponents and no-one in our team seemd free, yet when one of our backs helped out on either Rocka or Cloke then the skunks were able to spot up a free man. When going into our 50 how much of this is pressure form the opposition and how much is lack of vision from our players.
King as a forward player was one to watch always damaging, as a coach is he being allowed to apply his skills and knowledge if so he needs replacing ASAP or is Wallace to insecure to admit that his assistant has more skill than him in any area?
Richo plays his behind of every game but isnt what id call a smart player. If he was hed use the multiple tags to draw defence out of the area to set up a team mate wih an easy mark and set shot at goal.  IMO he needs to be dropped for a week or two that would allow us time to shake things up a little. we are much more unpredictable without him there.

Dont blame Richo for yesterday,  the ball was not comming to him cause they were stuffing around with it in the backline & turning it over shockingly
Richo was contesting all day & there was no small crumbers,  in fact no-one at all in Tiger colours but 2 Skunk players preasuring Richo most of the game
many times there was only 1 Tiger player in the forward 50 & when moving forward the players had no-one to kick it long too
Terry Wallace & the coaching staff are the blame for this not Richo. Take Richo out of that team & we will get flogged, Wallace purely got it wrong by omitting the player Hughes instead of dropping the real culprits in Brown, & McMahon,

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »
I will cop it for this but I am sick of people saying you cant blame richo for this, effort that, has yellow and black in his blood the other. We all know these things about the big guy but his time has gone. He is a turn over machine and if I was the likes of Newan and Foley and King I would be so peeed off. I see some of these blokes work their butt of to get it up there and when they get it to him what happens most of the time.  A TURN OVER.  Be it from a poor decision, a skill error, a bomb that he kicks up (he cant hit a target), a bad kick (missed shot on goal) or silly free it just happens so many times. Its been 15 years guys and yes he puts in every game, but its time to move on. We will not win with him there and thats a FACT.

Blast away guys but I have had enough.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »
 ::) BANG BANG you just got shot fluffy rabbit  ;D

l can tell you Richo was very let down in the forward line yesterday
he does all the hard work making the contest against several defenders flying with him yet no-one is at his feet collecting the ball when it hits the ground,  so his still got 1 defender fending him off for his second effort while the other one clears the ball

Forward coach is where the blame lays  :banghead

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
richo deflates the team with his pathetic skill level and brain made of mush. he would not get a game elsewhere with his pathetic skills and lack of understandingthe modern game

the only thing richo is still good at is choking and stuffing up