Author Topic: Changes vs. Swannies  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes vs. Swannies
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
i agree with u lot about Jack. no way in this world should he get dropped. he is coming along nicely.

as for kingy yeah well a few errors is certainly creeping into his game, which i am not liking at all..

however he gets a lot of the ball and unless u can find another small back pocket player gutzy and courageous like him, he will stay in the team for most part of this year..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
morton in
king out

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »
I think Polo has earned a shot after a couple of solid weeks.

I am against changing the team too much, but i'd have Polo, McGuane and Polak at the top of my list for guys who deserve it most.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:45:09 PM »
What a good spot to be in. I dont know who to take out to fit Polak or whoever else in.

As far as Kingy goes, I have been reading stuff for years about how suporters dont care about much as long as the playes have a go. Well this guy has a go and I love it. Sure he makes mistakes but he has played realy only a few games and is still learning. I also think he gives us plenty of run out ot the backline.

So for me its   In  -  Polak
                    Out - I have no idea

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »
Petts & Bowden/Edwards out

Morton/Polak & Connors/Polo In

I will be upset if Petts retains his spot. I just think that we have many other young forwards/midfielders who are at a similiar form level to him with much more potential to improve. He gives us nothing for the future or the present.

Keeping Bowden in the team is only a short term fix regardless. He is too slow and unaccountable to be kept and similiarly to Petts is taking up the place of a younger player who is at a similiar form level to him now but will also potentially improve well beyond him if given time in the seniors.

Edwards would have been dropped last week if it had not been a Dreamtime game. He played well on Saturday night except for inaccuracy infront of the sticks but maybe be given some time in the Burgers to allow someone like Connors/Collins a try.

Polak and McGuane both deserve a recall but at who's expense I'm unsure. I'm loving the depth this year!  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »
Petts & Bowden/Edwards out

Morton/Polak & Connors/Polo In

I will be upset if Petts retains his spot. I just think that we have many other young forwards/midfielders who are at a similiar form level to him with much more potential to improve. He gives us nothing for the future or the present.

Keeping Bowden in the team is only a short term fix regardless. He is too slow and unaccountable to be kept and similiarly to Petts is taking up the place of a younger player who is at a similiar form level to him now but will also potentially improve well beyond him if given time in the seniors.

Edwards would have been dropped last week if it had not been a Dreamtime game. He played well on Saturday night except for inaccuracy infront of the sticks but maybe be given some time in the Burgers to allow someone like Connors/Collins a try.

Polak and McGuane both deserve a recall but at who's expense I'm unsure. I'm loving the depth this year!  :thumbsup

Stripes

na stripes your wrong pal..bowden is needed as a mature figure head in the forward line alongside the likes of edwards and jack.

drop bowden ur kidding yourself. the guy has done the hard yards at Coburg and you only have to look closely at his game on Sat night to see that he belongs in this team.

pathetic pettifer done enough to cement his spot. as much as i am not a fan i feel he did his job..

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 01:47:37 PM »

re Edwards

"..He played well on Saturday night except for inaccuracy in front of the sticks..."

How many times did he pass off when around 40m out? He appears to be uncomfotable more than 30m out and he has to learn to kick 50m - plenty of time though.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »
Hyde out.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »
No changes this week.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
na stripes your wrong pal..bowden is needed as a mature figure head in the forward line alongside the likes of edwards and jack.

drop bowden ur kidding yourself. the guy has done the hard yards at Coburg and you only have to look closely at his game on Sat night to see that he belongs in this team.

pathetic pettifer done enough to cement his spot. as much as i am not a fan i feel he did his job..

I can appreciate what you are trying to say in terms of having experience to protect, lead and groom the young fellows across the park but I don't think Bowden does any of this. From all reports Joel has a bad attitude and is very individualistic. He is far too unaccountable for mine which was the reason he was dropped to the Burgers in the first place. Who has ever heard of a defender who doesn't defend?! The Pies game showed his reduced speed and Medhurst exploited it.

We can hide him more in the forward pocket for certain but I think that a player like Morton who, while not racking up the numbers like Bowden does, actually does more to secure us a win with his forward pressure, tackling, blocking, dummy leads and assists. Couple this with his age and Bowdens experince becomes far less attractive.

Other players like Polak, Hughes and even Schulz (if you bring back McGuane for the backline) would be better in his position and offer us more in terms of future structure. Even babies like Putt and Gourdis would be a better option soon than Bowden and if Collard can continue to remain on track then he would be a certain.

I just think that given his size, speed and unaccountable style other players would be better suited for the forwardline given our new '1%-style'. I want a list of players who want to fight, tackle and work for each other to win not a team who racks up unaccountable possessions and losses like in the past.

Bowden was............Morton/Polak/etc is.............and hopefully will be.

Stripes

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

The Pies game showed his reduced speed and Medhurst exploited it.

Like playing Raines on Riewoldt - it was hardly Bowdens fault he got raped by Medhurst.

Why are we playing a slow tall on a fast forward pocket?

Rubbish coaching.

We don't have a back pocket who can do the job on a small forward. Medhurst and Norths small forward showed this.

We can hide him more in the forward pocket for certain but I think that a player like Morton who, while not racking up the numbers like Bowden does, actually does more to secure us a win with his forward pressure, tackling, blocking, dummy leads and assists. Couple this with his age and Bowdens experince becomes far less attractive.

Other players like Polak, Hughes and even Schulz (if you bring back McGuane for the backline) would be better in his position and offer us more in terms of future structure. Even babies like Putt and Gourdis would be a better option soon than Bowden and if Collard can continue to remain on track then he would be a certain.

I just think that given his size, speed and unaccountable style other players would be better suited for the forwardline given our new '1%-style'. I want a list of players who want to fight, tackle and work for each other to win not a team who racks up unaccountable possessions and losses like in the past.

Bowden was............Morton/Polak/etc is.............and hopefully will be.

Stripes

Polak and Hughes have had chances to make that spot their own and have failed thus far. Schultz also, he (like everyone) looks better down back.

Collard, Putt, Gourdis are playing in our 3rds - so they are not in the picture any time soon. Bowden was getting 25+ touches and getting bags on a HF for Coburg.

I don't like Hyde, Pettifer, Bowden - but its up to young players to prove they are better.

Offline wilba

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »
hopfuly tigers can keep this momentom going and have a win againest swans will be a real test for them to see were there at in terms of finals football as i think the swans are are finals team bring polac up and give collard a run in coburg seinors wast of talent in res going on scores.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »
bowden does not deserve to get dropped

if anything petts out for polak
king out for morton

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
Morton didnt play well enough yesterday to warrant a recall.

Polo and Polak were the ones who put their hands up yesterday IMO.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 08:06:19 PM »
no change.