Author Topic: Membership package survey  (Read 1223 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Membership package survey
« on: May 31, 2008, 04:08:46 AM »
The club has emailed around a membership package survey to get ideas and feedback for 2009.

As well as the usual typical questions, it also presents various new membership options that the club must be looking at for 2009.

Some examples are here:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/2009/2009memberships.jpg

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/2009/2009memberships2.jpg

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/2009/2009memberships3.jpg

There were 12 pages worth of the above all up. The above links are the first 3 pages. The other pages are various combinations of the first 3 pages. Looking at things such as pricing, access to reserved seating or GA, changes to voting rights, access to GF tickets, access to club info, rewards & discounts, member merchandise options etc...

Did anyone else here receive the email and what did you think about the suggestions in the survey?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Membership package survey
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
Speaking of, has anyone actually received a "Fighting Tiger" or "Jungle Beat" this year?  :-\  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

richmondrules

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:28:45 AM »
The $75 mini membership with 2 home games will mean we won't have any non ticketed members any more. So, if it was this year, we would have > 38,000 members! Next year 40,000 just like the Hawks.  ;)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »
The $75 mini membership with 2 home games will mean we won't have any non ticketed members any more. So, if it was this year, we would have > 38,000 members! Next year 40,000 just like the Hawks.  ;)
And I'll bet that this was one of the reasons (not a main one but a considered one none the less) for doing this.  Positive PR at the stage where we are climbing back up the ladder of respectability - it will help the effort to push the line "get on board for the ride of your life, the Tiger is roaring again".  I can hear it now.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »
I was only asked 4 questions
are you a member?-yes
do you barrack for richmond?-yes
what type of member are you?-country ,interstate
What is your postcode?-2450
Thank you for taking part!!

comment: looks like changes are in the wind to cut out this nonticketed member crap!!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:10 AM »
Completed the survey this morning.
Great that the club are going to the effort of looking at options and putting forward possible packages. I hope it's for more reasons than the ticketed/non-ticketed issue but I don't mind if that is the catalyst for change because it's definitely crap, as in AFL crap that the club shouldn't have to work around to get some club members counted as members by them.

I like the idea of providing Yarra Park carpark passes and free public transport with some of the memberships.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »
I reckon the non ticketed- ticketed membership debate is actually an important issue for the club. You cant have a club like Hawthorn with cats and dogs running around everywhere claiming that they have 10,000 more members than we do. This should be fixed. The $75 dollar 2 game membership is fair from the club.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
I reckon the non ticketed- ticketed membership debate is actually an important issue for the club. You cant have a club like Hawthorn with cats and dogs running around everywhere claiming that they have 10,000 more members than we do. This should be fixed. The $75 dollar 2 game membership is fair from the club.

Myth.  The Hawks dont count pets . . . anymore.  ;)

The Hawks have 40,000 TICKETED members, unlesss the Hawks have an 11 game membership for the dog it aint included.  :rollin.

THe Hawks are smart because they have no "no game memberships (non-ticketed)" even their international memberships include 5 games.

THats why they're up to there as well as Tassie bumping them but about 5000.

The Tigers should go all ticketed too, it might bump off 1000-2000 overall from the stingy ones who cant fork out another $15-20 but when they say our figure of 37000 instead of 30000 ticketed it'll be well worth it in terms of publicity.  :thumbsup

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
This should be fixed. The $75 dollar 2 game membership is fair from the club.
That wouldn't fix it because there is no chance the AFL would sanction a 2 game membership as ticketed.
4 games seems to be the least amount at the moment (Hawthorn's Tassie membership).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
Speaking of, has anyone actually received a "Fighting Tiger" or "Jungle Beat" this year?  :-\  ::)
Yep TA. I think there's only 3 FTB's per year but I receive a Jungle Beat email every week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
I like the idea of providing Yarra Park carpark passes and free public transport with some of the memberships.
Me too. A good initiative by the club with our sponsor Connex. Good to see the club thinking outside the square with all these membership ideas. I hope the new website tigerscentral.com is a way to stick it up Telstra for their crappy websites.

The only things I was really against was removing voting rights from 11/17 game memberships (the 2004 election proved the value of the masses in terms of holding those in charge to some accountability) and basing member recognition on how much you can spend rather than years of consecutive membership which is what we have now. That doesn't fit in with a club with its roots in Struggletown. I also think members should have the potential to access GF tickets (kind of lottery system we have now depending on length of membership). Of course those that pay premium memberships can have guaranteed GF tickets.

I had a giggle at the special weekly training sessions. I thought we got them already  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 02:09:46 PM »
I was only asked 4 questions
are you a member?-yes
do you barrack for richmond?-yes
what type of member are you?-country ,interstate
What is your postcode?-2450
Thank you for taking part!! 

interstate m/ship for me also but continued on to rest of survey

comment: looks like changes are in the wind to cut out this nonticketed member crap!!

yep had 2 maybe 3 so far this year

my spin on the survey  fine  if your a dweller of melborne
 but as usefull as titsonabull if you dwell somewhere else  :banghead :banghead :banghead

RFC  DONT FORGET YOU INTERSTATE MEMBERS WE ARE AMBASSADORS FOR THE CLUB

and to top it all off when i got to the final question the link dropped out(somewhere in bloody cyberspace) and i couldn't finish it   Again  :banghead :banghead :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

The only things I was really against was removing voting rights from 11/17 game memberships
Yeah, that influenced what I selected in some options.

I think every over 18 member should get one vote.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »

The Hawks have 40,000 TICKETED members, unlesss the Hawks have an 11 game membership for the dog it aint included.  :rollin.

THe Hawks are smart because they have no "no game memberships (non-ticketed)" even their international memberships include 5 games.

The Tigers should go all ticketed too, it might bump off 1000-2000 overall from the stingy ones who cant fork out another $15-20 but when they say our figure of 37000 instead of 30000 ticketed it'll be well worth it in terms of publicity.  :thumbsup

Last year when we played the Hawks at the G I went out for my smoke at half time and lo and behold there were 2 Hawk fans with their 2 dogs both in knitted Hawk jumpers.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 11:01:54 PM »

Last year when we played the Hawks at the G I went out for my smoke at half time and lo and behold there were 2 Hawk fans with their 2 dogs both in knitted Hawk jumpers.

:o  I stand corrected!  ;D  :lol
EAT EM ALIVE!