Author Topic: ramps is right  (Read 6453 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: ramps is right
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »
Natanui

I'm in for the tank...as of this week.

One player no matter how good he is will fix our problems
Agree.  I also think that a team that tanks doesn't deserve to be in the AFL.

its called list management pal and the pies did it as did the blues...

blues last year only got more noticed but teams have done it before..

Exactly its called list management. How people can find loopholes in the tax system and think nothing of it when tax time comes around  or be accepting of it yet when a club finds a loophole to better its list for the betterment of the club 2 or 3 years in advance its called piracy. Right now our future is more important than our present. Remember the club comes first in this instance.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »
Jack to an extent is right with culture being an issue regardless of what players you have. Look at the Saints in 5 years ago. The whole footy world was agog and proclaiming them as the next big team with all the talent they had and that their premiership window was open, but we all know what can happen behind the scenes when ego's clash and common sense goes out the window and the traits that have haunted your clubs culture rear their ugly head. It affects everyone in the club from top to toe and things that were once bread and butter suddenly become difficult. 1 flag in 112 is testament to this.

What I am trying to say is we need to change elements of our culture down at the club and indoctrinate a winning and successful culture that intimidates the opposition rather than have other clubs dictate to us what we are and as a result taunt us accordingly.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »
big story breaking our at punt road.

footy show coming up

hmmmm interesting????
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »
for me it comes down to the same old argument. The key question is it better to have the extra quality player or is it not. I firmly believe that our club would be better of in the longer term with the extra quality player.

jacko is correct that the drafts from 2004 have been buggered up, thats why we havent completed the first wave of the rebuild - its also another reason why we need the early picks now, to make up for mistakes over the past 3 years.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »
I dont think we can afford to tank.. Thats means after the past 4 years we are no better off ???
We've gone from an ageing list with just a handful of young players to one where over half the list is 21 or under. On the ladder we are no better off but our list is. Even the Hawks were still a bottom 3 side 4-5 years after picking up Hodge, Mitchell, Ladson, Brown, Williams, Bateman, etc. Rebuilding lists takes time and our next coach will be the one who'll gain the rewards. Only the club panicking and self-destructing again through lack of patience will stuff it up. 

Can tell you that 2 players in the first round will not fix our problems, you people are dreaming unfortunately.
So picking up two kids the quality of a Cotchin is worse than picking up one. Yep that makes sense  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

Can tell you that 2 players in the first round will not fix our problems, you people are dreaming unfortunately.
So picking up two kids the quality of a Cotchin is worse than picking up one. Yep that makes sense  ???.

All I am saying is that it doesnt matter if you have 1 or 2 players in the first round, its not going to fix the problems at Punt Road.   Where is Richard Tambling with his career ?  I rest my case

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »

All I am saying is that it doesnt matter if you have 1 or 2 players in the first round, its not going to fix the problems at Punt Road.   Where is Richard Tambling with his career ?  I rest my case
Where is Cotchin at? I rest my case.

No it doesn't solve everything but it gives you far better odds at picking up the elite talent especially in last and this year's drafts and helps builds depth. Essentially you are replacing your last pick in the draft with a top 5 pick.

jackstar

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »
You are only as good as your bottom 6 players

Ramps

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2008, 10:00:28 PM »
if we add 2 quality players at the top, then dont the bottom 2 drop off... technically doesnt that make the list a better list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2008, 10:02:35 PM »
You might need to say that more slowly Ramps for those that don't get it lol.

Moi

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »
if we add 2 quality players at the top, then dont the bottom 2 drop off... technically doesnt that make the list a better list.
One syllable at a time  :rollin

Ramps

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2008, 10:09:25 PM »
You might need to say that more slowly Ramps for those that don't get it lol.

I apologise for my destruction of the english language. I will do my best not to assassinate the english language- capish!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
Agree we should play all the kids and take games on, whatever the result of that being I can live with.
No more of this possesion football and no more Tivs or Petts they are finished.
Bowden is on his last legs and must change his defensive general attitude and become more of a reflex back urself type otherwise ta ta also.
McMahon could be a luxury in a good team and that atm we are not.
ie: have the teammates to get it to him cause he wont go in and get it.

Wallace is a hard one, we should be doing better by now and there is still half a season to go.
We showed good signs and then we just turn everything upside down against the Swans, I really don't get it.

Anyway I will still go and Support the "Richmond football club" at every chance I get, cause it's in the blood  :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »
You are only as good as your bottom 6 players
Look at Coburg and Coburg ressies for how good our bottom 6 are.  We just need to be patient and let nature run its course.