Author Topic: Time for Serious Trading!  (Read 4083 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Time for Serious Trading!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 09:45:34 AM »
depending on that player xx i reckon we are still getting screwed.

I would like Guy Richards and there 1st two draft picks thanks

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 11:38:37 AM »
@blaisee...please tell me your joking....Cole and a pick for Ottens. Cole? That waste of space....Ha! At least you put the smile on my face.

@TigersRoar...damn, I hope its not true, that is a hell of a lot of money for Staff. A hell of a lot.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »
Tiger fans out there should be weary of gutting our the team.
Its seems as though a lot of people are walking around with a constant boner because we're high draft picks.
List management is more critical than getting gun players - We got Browny but our team isnt any better.
Talk of trading Otto, Richo etc is a bit extreme. Otto's problem has been poor management - the guy doesnt know what his role is gonna be from week to week.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Jackstar

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2004, 01:34:36 PM »
Brads mum doesnt know either. lol

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2004, 01:48:51 PM »
ROFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2004, 03:30:07 PM »
Tiger fans out there should be weary of gutting our the team.

List management is more critical than getting gun players - We got Browny but our team isnt any better.
Talk of trading Otto, Richo etc is a bit extreme. Otto's problem has been poor management - the guy doesnt know what his role is gonna be from week to week.

I agree entirely Cain that Otto's problem has been poor management. For crying out loud - no ruck coach at the club and we had Stewie Loewe before that (what a professional footy club we are  ::) ) plus larry, mo and curly scratching their collective heads in the coaches box trying to come up with one centre square set-up that actually works  :banghead. They wouldn't be able to come up with a gameplan if the bible of 21st century football strategy landed on their laps. Frawley had been coaching for 4 years and what was his one and only new idea for 2004 - plonk Richo at FF and we kick it to him  :sleep  :help

It's going to take 3-4 years to completely rebuild our list. Let us not try and do it in one swipe. We have two picks in the top 4 of the draft plus pick 20 plus first pick in the PSD. A pretty good start for any new coach. We'll most likely see a similar selection next year. Otto, Cogs and Brown are untouchables as far as I'm concerned.

Tivs would be the player that I would trade. Valuable yet easily replaceable, him being a flanker/wingman compared to a key position or inside midfielder.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2004, 04:33:25 PM »
TR who ever told you Staff is on that sort of money should be drug tested. Just do the sums - Richo, Brown, Gas, Campbell, Ottens, Johnson et al....we'd be so far over the salary cap it wouldn't be funny!