Author Topic: Miller steps down from board & Tony Free steps in / Footy Show breaking news  (Read 17740 times)

Ox

Jeff Hogg was our captain too.

Your point?

IMO He gives as much of a stuff about us as Hoggy and is not as qualified.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

im not sure we ever had a ex player jump on the board so its a big plus.

Peter Welsh, Tony Jewell, Neville Crowe, and I'm sure there are many others.

Ox

Corporate qualifications ?

Anybody ??

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
lol so much for the "breaking news story".

lyon: So hutchy how did you come across this exclusive story?

hutchy: I found it on richmondfc.com.au at 630pm...

how funny i just read this...hutchy is struggling at the minute with his breaking news crap..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah, absolutely earth shattering newsflash this.  Miller did what he said he intended at the start of the season and we have a new board member who is an ex-player.  Wouldn't create a ripple at most other clubs but watch the Chicken Little's on here carry on as though it's Armageddon.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
The past 4 years is probably the only time the club hasn't had an ex-player on the board, Danno.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

What's Free's qualifications to put him in this role?
I agree with Ox if he has none.
Favourite son sure, but stuff up the footy department because that's his only qualificiation that he played for us, God help us.
And from reading his comments on Y&B, for memory, he doesn't like Wallace.
So where to now?
He's more than welcome to tell me I'm wrong on Wallace, but for memory that's what I read.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is CS Cameron Schwab?

I hope not  :help

I have bad memories of what our football club was like when he was a young ceo. it wasnt his fault, but its fair to say we have never really gotten ourselves out of the malaise that we seem to be in. Im not a big fan either, I agree with Moi.

agree wholeheartly, had an interesting convo with a certain person from the Fremantle football club, something along the lines of money from sponsorship for a 4/5 year period has been frittered away within a couple of years...he tends to leave some mess where ever he has been. :whistle

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
What's Free's qualifications to put him in this role?
I agree with Ox if he has none.
Favourite son sure, but eff up the footy department because that's his only qualificiation that he played for us, God help us.
And from reading his comments on Y&B, for memory, he doesn't like Wallace.
So where to now?
He's more than welcome to tell me I'm wrong on Wallace, but for memory that's what I read.

nail on the head.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't know what qualifications he's got other than what's in the press release.

What is he supposed to have?

If he's been selected by the current board and management then that's good enough for me.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Miller's conflict of interest is now resolved and club governance is able to operate without conjecture.

Welcome back Tony, if your son gets a Father-Son opportuity, the Francis Bourke principle should not apply because you are not on the match selection commitee.

Moi

If he's been selected by the current board and management then that's good enough for me.
Why?  After knowing how he feels about Wallace, you have no questions?
You're smarter than that I know, so why are you happy with it?
Is the board agreeing to it because others were going to cause disruption if Tony wasn't appointed?
Was there some underlying threats made to the current board to get them to agree?
There's certainly been rumblings to the effect around here for 2 years, I have no doubt this is the case that people are exerting influence on the board in one form or another.  I know, I've seen emails.
It stinks.  They weren't elected to the board yet they have this influence.
I only see disaster here with two egos and "hot heads" coming together.
Heaven help us  :help

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
This is a terrible decision, we now have a board member who has an agenda
It's only going to create instability at the club when we've been so strong off field for the past 3 years
No problem with Miller stepping down as he said he would, but I feel this is just going back to our bad old days of infighting

This club is screwed up

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hope I'm not meant to answer the conspiracy theory questions because I can't. I can answer the first two.

Yeah, I know his opinion of Wallace. It's just an opinion. I also know he's a mad tiger fan. Maybe I'm gullible but I trust people. I trust Tony to do the right thing by the club.
That probably answers the 2nd question. I trust the judgement of the people who have selected him. I also trust that they selected him because he's the best person and for no other reason.
That's just me.

Will anyone answer my question?
What qualifications should he have?

An agenda, hey Infamy? How so?
Where has he stated what he'll do?

Moi

I hope I'm not meant to answer the conspiracy theory questions because I can't. I can answer the first two.

Yeah, I know his opinion of Wallace. It's just an opinion. I also know he's a mad tiger fan. Maybe I'm gullible but I trust people. I trust Tony to do the right thing by the club.
That probably answers the 2nd question. I trust the judgement of the people who have selected him. I also trust that they selected him because he's the best person and for no other reason.
That's just me.

Will anyone answer my question?
What qualifications should he have?

An agenda, hey Infamy? How so?
Where has he stated what he'll do?

If he's in charge of list management, some list management experience.
If he's in charge of the football department, being in charge of a football department before wouldn't go astray.

It's more his open stance against the current regime which I am highly suspicious of.  Can only lead to no good and I'm surprised people who I thought would at least question this aren't.