Author Topic: Polak thread [merged]  (Read 39132 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Polak
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2008, 01:17:21 PM »

Picture: Mark Smith

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2008, 02:48:38 PM »
They showed Polly at Punt Rd on the news updates. Fantastic positive news  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2008, 02:49:26 PM »
Remarkable recovery.  :thumbsup

The young fella who reportedly administered first aid is the real hero and should be publically congratulated. Its convinced me that its time to do a first aid refresher course.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
lets hope polak showing his happy face at training inspires the boys to a massive win tomorrow
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Ox

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
Brings a tear to my eye :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
Best news the RFC has had all week

Bloody fantastic

Well done Polly  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »
The amazing thing from the news footage is if you didn't know what happened you wouldn't have guessed there was anything still wrong from a quality of life point of view. He was chatting away and laughing with Vickery and signing autographs for kids who came up to him and then at the end casually walked inside the rooms. Just incredible.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak makes a welcome return to Tigerland (The Age)
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2008, 03:32:31 AM »
Polak makes a welcome return to Tigerland
Lyall Johnson | August 2, 2008

BEFORE Richmond took to Subiaco Oval three weeks ago to thump West Coast, the Tiger players were told their injured backman, Graham Polak, who had suffered serious head injuries when struck by a tram, would be watching from his hospital bed in Melbourne.

As the Tigers overran the Eagles following a slow start, television commentators could be heard to muse whether the thought of their stricken teammate looking on had somehow given them a boost.

If indeed it did, then get your money on Richmond to knock off the Cats today after Polak made a surprise visit to Punt Road Oval yesterday morning for the first time since he left the Epworth Hospital on Wednesday to watch his teammates train.

Polak arrived with his manager, Paul Connors, and watched training for half an hour before moving into the gym to renew acquaintances with his teammates.

There he spoke with almost all the players and coaches, appearing relaxed and very pleased to be back in the rooms and among them.

When the team was called in for a team meeting, Polak was invited along and shared jokes with the group before listening as further plans were laid out for today's clash with the Cats.

Speaking after training, assistant coach Brian Royal said Polak's appearance had been a pleasant surprise for the club.

"It's fantastic. We were a bit surprised. We knew that Graham had got out of hospital on Wednesday but for Graham to walk into the club was overwhelming for the players and it's just terrific to see him back," Royal said.

"It's been a tough few weeks with everything that's happened with Graham and happened to the Richmond Football Club, so to see Graham walk into the rooms this morning just put a smile on everyone's face."

Royal said Polak's unscheduled appearance was probably part of his rehabilitation and that he has "got an enormous amount of work in his recovery" before there can be any thought of returning to football, if, indeed, that is what Polak wants to do, or is able to do.

"I went and saw Graham probably about a week after the accident happened and he was probably in a pretty ordinary state at that stage and to see him now and where he's come, he's come a long way but I guess we all realise he's got a long way to go and as a footy club, we have got to be very, very supportive of Graham in whichever direction that takes him," Royal said.

But will it translate to a lift for the Tigers against the Cats?

"I hope it does," Royal said. 'Geelong are a very, very good football side, so every one per cent we can gain …

"No doubt we're all feeling really happy for Graham — he's made the place a happier place because he's come back."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/polak-makes-a-welcome-return-to-tigerland/2008/08/01/1217097534924.html

bushranger

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
That was so bloody good to see him back home. So just how long will he be out for now? I would think for the rest of this year and when he comes back will he need to wear a helmet for the rest of his football life?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »
Ch 10 news said there's more positive news for the Tigers as Polly is continuing to do his rehab in the club pool and gym  :).

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
Ch 10 news said there's more positive news for the Tigers as Polly is continuing to do his rehab in the club pool and gym  :).

That sure is great news!!!! :thumbsup
Hmmm I wonder if we can start an argument about this????? ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2008, 12:01:55 AM »

That sure is great news!!!! :thumbsup
Hmmm I wonder if we can start an argument about this????? ;D
lol

Fingers crossed Polly continues to make good progress in his recovery. So far it's been all positive news along the way  :thumbsup.

bushranger

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm so pleased for him and his recovery. He might be fit and well for next year. Fingers crossed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2008, 09:38:50 PM »
Lyon and Brayshaw on the footy show saying there's been some "issues" for Polak this week and Hutchy will talk about it later on in the show.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Herald-Sun accused of forcing Polak to give an exclusive interview
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »
Polak has done an interview with the Sunday Herald-Sun. RFC and the AFLPA are upset that it's an invasion of privacy. Benny Gale said Polly doesn't remember the interview and Gale said the interview should not be published. Gale said it sets a bad precident. There's a meeting tomorrow to settle the issue.

The Herald-Sun rejects any claim they pressured Polak into giving an interview. They called him and he invited them back later and welcomed them in his home. They said Polak spoke openly and at length about his recovery and the support he's received from. The Sunday Hun also produced a photo of Polak smiling standing next to the journo.

Hutchy said Polly's still training in the RFC's gym and pool.