Author Topic: Israel Folau target number one!  (Read 4322 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Israel Folau target number one!
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »
If there has ever been a player that we should target from another football code, its Israel Folau!!!!

19 years of age, 196cm tall 103 kg's, extremely fast, agile, has excellent hands and the hangtime he had in that grab he took last night in the state of origin was purely sensational! He can obviously already tackle so all we would need to do is teach him how to kick. I know he's heading to the Bronco's next year but as he's only 19, there's still plenty of time to try and poach him. I believe we should stop at nothing and I mean nothing to get this kid in the yellow and black. Let us be the first club ever to convert a rugby league player into an AFL superstar.

So who's with me???  :pray :pray

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Israel Folau target number one!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
No chance tigs, he left the storm because he wants to be with family in brisbane.

Inglis or Slater on the other hand

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »
Yeah go for the Kid.  Billy that is.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
Billy??? Blah... where would you play that twirp?? I can't stand him.  :chuck Folau would make an excellent KPP! I say we pay for his commute from Brisbane in a gold plated learjet. Someone at least call his manager. He would be our version of Buddy if we could get him. Maybe even better!! As I said, all we'd have to do is teach him how to kick. That shouldn't be too hard for our coaching staff should it??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:44:04 PM »
The reason the AFL are now offering 70 grand contracts to Queensland kids without even playing a game. Folau's a freak. Awesome specky last night  :clapping
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
The reason the AFL are now offering 70 grand contracts to Queensland kids without even playing a game. Folau's a freak. Awesome specky last night  :clapping
I think we'd have to pay more than 70 grand MT to secure his services.  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »
While watching the game last night I actually made the comment to the household after he took that grab that the kid would make a very good AFL player :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Well its settled WP! How about you and I form a coterie group with our sole focus being on securing the services of the is Kid and bringing him to Tigerland! How does that sound?? Got any cash??  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
Well its settled WP! How about you and I form a coterie group with our sole focus being on securing the services of the is Kid and bringing him to Tigerland! How does that sound?? Got any cash??  :lol

Just chechked my wallet and I have $65 ... I think we are a bit short :P

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:59 AM »

Great! And I'll put in $35 which will give us $100. The exact amount a guy from Nigeria who emailed me recently said he needs to release 5 million dollars from a frozen account of which he will give us 50%!!  :rollin

We're on our way WP!! I'm just waiting on his email reply detailing the release of his money and the wire transfer of funds. When I get it, I'll call Israel's manager and offer him 2.5 million to come to Tigerland.  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 02:42:46 AM »

Great! And I'll put in $35 which will give us $100. The exact amount a guy from Nigeria who emailed me recently said he needs to release 5 million dollars from a frozen account of which he will give us 50%!!  :rollin

We're on our way WP!! I'm just waiting on his email reply detailing the release of his money and the wire transfer of funds. When I get it, I'll call Israel's manager and offer him 2.5 million to come to Tigerland.  :rollin
tiga I'll chuck in another million that Westpac kindly put in my account last week  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »

Oops but I am due 50% of $5 mil from some dude in Nigeria as well......gowd I hope there are different blokes 8)