Author Topic: Richmond team vs West Coast  (Read 2266 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond team vs West Coast
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 10:22:04 PM »
Hi everyone and guess what here is you training report from WAT, we have just returned from Sizlers after the lot of us attended the training.

Ok I must say my appreciation for this club has grown more than ever and I do apoligise for my Carlton game comments.... well sort of.

So we were there for the kicking at goal at the big Cleve was on song did not miss one. Browny, Newy on the run every recieve handball from other players outside 50, Edwards and a few others including Connors were very accurate.

No King, I asked around, not sure, the biggest surprise was Collard, yes he was there, trained a bit with the main group and then when the session started he went to the far end of the ground around the goals with one of the assistents.

Main sessiom was really concentraiting on running the ball from the backline and around the wing into the forward line and then out of that forward line and around the opposite wing. They really worked the wings and the skill level was excellent. They did not miss a target. They did play the centre corridoor very well. Kane Johnson was very vocal as was Jack, Browny and Schulz.

I was introduced with the family to Browny after the session by his PR rep as ...... well I will tell you about that later. He was great, as were some others:

WAT: Browny, so your going to kick 6 tomorrow mate Brown"
Brown: I kicked 6 points last week.
WAT: Well it can't get any worse then can it mate.
Brown: Laughs

WAT: Hey Newy mate, I want to see you kicking a torp on the run from 75m out right throgh the middle.
Newy: Smiling as I talked: I might have a go at that.

WAT: Hey Jack, how you going mate.
Jack: Great mate are you coming to the game?
WAT: Yeah mate your gunna flog em.
Jack: Patto, Patto (Patto onto the ground).

WAT: Hi Johno (Capt) how are you mate, we are going to get two in the West.
Capt: Yeah we are hopefull.

WAT: Hey Mitch your going to kick ten on your left tomorow mate.
Mitch: Yeah (laughing) I will give it a go mate.

Look we had a f****** ball, met Tambo, Patto, Hughes, Polo, Morton, Foley, Schulz, Bowden Deledio, Cotchin (Great photos and a yack with him), Connors and I am still buzzing as is the family. F*** I love this club.

Any questions fire away.

Proud Advocate of Mitch "Now I'm Kicking Goals" Morton

"It Is Time For The 2008 Tigers"
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
Did you talk to Jake King ? ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »
What has happened with him, he just wasn't there have I missed something because on Y&B they said he was missing for obvious reasons. Here in the West we don't hear poo about the Tiges.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:20 PM »
Did you see Edwards and Tiv training?

They both didnt play for Coburg which suggest they may have flown over to Perth.

jackstar

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »
What has happened with him, he just wasn't there have I missed something because on Y&B they said he was missing for obvious reasons. Here in the West we don't hear pooh about the Tiges.

Read other thread on this site, lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »
Great report WAT  :cheers

Collard is from WA so maybe they took him over to experience going away with the team and for him to catch up with his family.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 11:09:06 PM »
Did you see Edwards and Tiv training?

They both didnt play for Coburg which suggest they may have flown over to Perth.

Yep both were there, Edwards was in it more than Tiv and very impressive.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
What has happened with him, he just wasn't there have I missed something because on Y&B they said he was missing for obvious reasons. Here in the West we don't hear pooh about the Tiges.

Hey sorry JS can you please let me know mate I just dont have the time, has he been a bad boy??

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 11:14:29 PM »
Great report WAT  :cheers

Collard is from WA so maybe they took him over to experience going away with the team and for him to catch up with his family.

No worries OE, thats wha we thought at the ground about Collard and by doing this I dont think we have finishe or seen the last of this bloke. But the boys did seem very and I mean very composed and confident. Great skill levels Faaaarrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk, go Tiges.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »
It was a rumour doing the rounds

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=7417.0

What's the weather and ground conditions like over there WAT? Word over here in Melbourne was it was wet in Perth.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »
Ok, weather is great, sun all day this afternoon but looking at the ground in the shade it was poo. I walked (off ground) around the boundry and nearly went arse up. But in saying that our boys handled the ground unbelievable, really good footing and no slips. Simmo, Floey and Tuck were doing flat out smack down drills in front of us and they didn't miss one Tuck was even giving it the old Shhh, shhh, shhh every time he got and handballed off. BOYS VERY FOCUSED.... :shh

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
Right, signing off , GO YOU F****** GOOD THING.......THE TIGES.

I will report from the game. If you need a call please send me a personal email and I will log on one more time in the morning before we head to the ground.

"Rucks:

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 10:05:51 AM »

Are you saying King is not there because of the alleged incident at the Melbourne game, Jack?
Is that the thread you mean?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott