Author Topic: Tigers vs Eagles matchday thread  (Read 4818 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers vs Eagles matchday thread
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »
We were in the rooms before the game and after and I tell you what I lost my voice in the second QTR, no poo. My kids cant talk either, we shoved it up them, I yelled my guts out from the first bounce and the boys responded.

What a game, I saw 2 turnovers and the play into and out of the forward line was amazing, that goal of Foley's shut the crowd up.

F**** loved it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Les Savy Wabbo

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »
Anyone see Josh Kennedy's tattoo?

Est. 1987

The guy is clearly a dongle

Tigermonk

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
Anyone see Josh Kennedy's tattoo?

Est. 1987

The guy is clearly a dongle

yeah on the inside of his arm  :rollin what a knob, maybe its to identify him if he crossed the carlton crew  :rollin  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
Here is my report that I posted on Y&B:

Well just arrived back last night after a fantastic time at the footy and I can tell you we had a ball.

The day started off really interesting and I suppose a final twist in the ticket saga. When we went to go through the gates the wife produced the tickets and they wouldn't let us in because they had to call their supervisor. When she arrived we were asked to please let her know where we purchased the tickets from. We did tell a bit of a white lie but eventually we had to tell her the truth because they had been tracking all of the tickets sold in bulk to certain people who were then on selling them on eBay. In the end she said we could go through however anyone in the future will be refused entry unless the tickets were purchased through the correct chanels. We did tell her that it was impossible to do that because of the monopoly WC has on the ticket sales and she said it was because of these people buying bulk tickets that we suffered, but anyway we got in.

5 Hot dogs, 2 chicken rolls & 5 buckets of chips later and we were content with our full guts while watching the curtain raiser.

So myself, the wife and kids headed off to the rooms 30-40 minutes before they ran out. We were ushered into the rooms with a select few others (pre-organised) to watch the warm up. We were told to not talk as they went through their drills of short kicking and handballing as well as ground drills. David King was loud as hell really pumping the boys up, actually made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Foley walked around saying; hard, f****** hard, hard, hard f***** hard. Patto was saying the same. They then moved on to scruffing and tackling drills with Kingy really getting them going. Tuck, Deledio, Johnson, Jack and Browny were very load as well. As the boys got in the huddle before they ran out we headed out and back to our seats and to my mother who was sitting there with her Eagles scarf and hat on...... if only she knew what was in store.....

I started yelling out go Tiges before the bounce (lost voice in second qtr) as did my family and the rest of the Richmond people around us and there was a few. We were directly behind the goals where Browny belted that ball over the roof. The game started pretty well as much as I had expected but I did think the the Eagles would have been further ahead at qtr time. We played better football then them and their goals were lucky so I knew we would come back.

The second qtr was amazing to say they least we just hammered them. As mentioned in my previous posts regarding the training drills they were just about replecated during the game. The boys really played the wings well and totally outclassed the Eagles. Jack was on fire and took that mark in betwen Glass and Hunter right in front of us. In the end the Eagles and their supporters were shell shocked and very very quiet. As the Eagles walked off at half time they were booed by their own supporters so I though what the hey and joined in.

Third qtr was where I thought the Eagles would fight back but they didn't and we were on fire again. McMahon, Deledio, Foley, Tuck (who was fantastic, great work ethic), Schulz (best game yet), Patto (see Schulz), Brown, Moore and the list goes on. This is the best team performance from the Tigers I have seen in a long time and one of the first times I have seen Brown totally committed to the team instead of individual performances.

Last qtr and the goals kept rolling on, we were having a bit of banter with the lady in front of us and I said to her that she was a very lucky woman. When she asked why I said well you can tell people that you were at the game were Richmond kicked a record score against the Eagles, all in fun and we had a laugjh. Mum was very quiet and I am not sure if she wants to go to another game with us, I dont know why though... So the goals kept coming and the performance was clinical to say the least.The siren goes to end the game and the Yellow and Black song was belted out by us. Both my kids were standing on the seats waving their scarfs and it was great. Most of the Eagles supporters headed home late into the last qtr, weak as pee.

We then did the frantic run to the change rooms, only to hear the boys singing the last verse of the song. Never mind we saw them do the warm down and they were all very happy people.

The boys were very confident going into this game and they took that onto the feild with them, that is what I believe contributed to the big win. They supported each other to no end on that field including the blue between Glass and Deledio, right in front of us.

All in all a great day and a great win by the boys and I did manage to get 7 beers into me as well...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
Great stuff TA  :thumbsup. A bit of irony Subi staff questioning you over tickets when there would've been plenty of free seats available during the last quarter  ;D. I hope you gave Eagle fans all a wave as they were leaving early  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2008, 11:23:15 AM »
Yeah cheers MT, I agree about the seats. :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

"Rucks: