Author Topic: Rate our West australians (fun little off season thread)  (Read 673 times)

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Rate our West australians (fun little off season thread)
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »
 we have 6 west Australians on our list this year. Silly little thread I know but how would you rate them?

1. Cousins. Obviously there are question marks but he is a Brownlow winner coming from a successful winning club.
2 Coughlan. Hampered so often but a fine player adn Dyer winner a few years back. A lad I'd love to see do well in 2009.
3 Polak. We all know his difficulties but when fit he was a good part of the spine of our team. Good luck mate. Keep fighting.
4. Morton. Spent a bit of time at WCE when they were still winners and is one of the boys who need to step up in our forward dicision. He can as well
5 Rance. Potential only given that he is a kid who has yet to show in the big league but bred well as they say and full of promise.
6 J O-N. Come on jarrad. You are playing for the Tigers.

Lots of fitness questions about Coughlan and Cuz but if they are right and if Morton plays up to his ability our WA contingent may be very important to us.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Rate our West australians (fun little off season thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
1. Cousins - If he plays 3/4 as good as he did at WCE it'll be a huge boost, not just on-field but off as well.
2. Coughlan - It's easy to forget how good this guy was. I hope he's over the injuries and can start playing some good footy. Would have been captain by now without the injuries.
3. Polak - A bonus if he plays again, he was handy but at the same time a frustrating player, dodgy kicking for goal and could have some stinker games.
4. Morton - Has talent, but needs more than that. Would kick a couple of goals and not do much else, some games no goals and you wouldn't even know he was out there.
5. Rance - Looks like Tarzan, let's hope he plays like him. I'd expect we see him a few times this season.
6. JON - I hope Sheedy has been spending a bit of time with him and pumping him up a bit. Sheeds could extract ability from most players.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
1. Cousins. - Star. Great recruit. Already successful acquisition for the club given the positive publicity, increased membership, etc. If he can play half the games at 80% he will go a long way in asisting us getting into the elusive 8 in 2009.

2 Coughlan. - Don't think we'll see much of Cogs this year but I hope I'm wrong. I think he has lost his pace and may be a victim of our extremely competitive midfield this year.

3 Polak. - I believe he may have played his last game for the Tigers but was a great mark.

4. Morton.  - Pick of the bunch. Great mid-sized forward who is uncanny infront of the sticks. He shepherds, blocks, dummy leads and continually works off the ball which makes him sometimes appear to 'disappear' at times but in reality he is attempting to help create goals for the team. Was a big part of our higher average scoring this year. 

5 Rance. Will slot in beautifully into our backline next year and add a great deal of run and class.

6 J O-N. Doubt he will make it. Delist at end of 2009.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
1. Cousins - based on ability clearly number one. The unknown is of course whether he can return to near his best, whether his hammies hold up, and whether he can remain off the gear.

2. Cogs - in a similar situation as Cuz except for different reasons. Clear number two based on his best but his best was pre-injury (OP and two ACLs) five/six years ago. A successful return for Cogs now would be as a consistent contributor in our best 22 who does a job for us.

3. Morton - I'd have Mitch as the third most talented. Bargain pick of the year and made the most of his second chance at a new club. Needs to back it up in 2009.

4. Polak - Sadly we'll never see how much improvement was left in Polly. As Stripes said a great mark.

5. Rance - At the moment we're judging him based on potential but plenty of talent and upside and should make his debut this year.

6. JON - 4th year coming up and hard to see him surviving unless there's a miraculous turnaround in what he shows.

7. Gourdis - Big solid rookie who is a long-term project. Kicking is still a fair way off AFL standard. If he can cement a spot in the Coburg seniors then that would be a good result for Dave.

8. Gilligan - Unknown rookie. Very slight and another long-term project type. He'll need to drink plenty of protein and spend most of his time in the gym.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »
Rating them on what they have done for RFC

1. Cousins  Nothing on field obviously but membership and motivation of the RFC faithful has been great
2 Coughlan  Nothing in the last few years due to injury, which is a real shame
3 Polak  A couple good years but not exactly breathtaking and unfortunately like Cogs on field opportunity cut short
4. Morton  Great year last year could be a very useful addition as a 40-50 goal per year player
5 Rance Nothing but if he plays up to potential could be great
6 J O-N What can you say but I think this year is the last chance

Overall and at the moment we have an ex-superstar, two players cut short by serious injuries, one good pick up, one too young too call and one apparent dud.

As such cant rate them overly good at the moment

bushranger

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
1. Cousins =  will be good for us on and off feild as he has a lot to prove and this is going to favour us.
2 Coughlan = as it has been said has been injurered a fair bit but I think he's now ready to show what we all know he has got.
3 Polak = wont make it on the feild this year in the senior's but I wish him the best with us in 2010.
4. Morton = going to be an out right star and look forwards to watching him.
5 Rance = play a fair bit in the 2s but will make it to the seniors and show he can handle the big time
6 J O-N = should have been delisted I think. He will not factor in much anywhere. Loved to be proved wrong though, but I doubt it.