Author Topic: Ottens wants to stay a Tiger  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Ottens wants to stay a Tiger
« on: August 28, 2004, 04:24:49 PM »
Said so on Triple M.
Surely must be in the mix for the captaincy.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Ottens wants to stay a Tiger
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 09:50:42 PM »
That's good to hear FF and I hope he stays but to stay he'll have to knock back big $$$ and/or long term offers elsewhere because no one coming out of contract deserves them at Tigerland.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 02:08:50 AM »
Ottens declares loyalty
29 August 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

RICHMOND ruckman Brad Ottens removed himself from trade speculation yesterday, declaring his intention to re-sign with the Tigers.

Ottens was expected to be the subject of intense interest from clubs in his home state of South Australia, but he knocked those rumours on the head yesterday.

He said he had met new coach Terry Wallace and was keen to end his career as a one-club player.

"Hopefully, we can get it all sorted out as soon as possible," Ottens said.

"I would be rapt to stay in Melbourne and hopefully we can get it all organised as soon as possible and get on with training and thinking about 2005.

"It's my main priority. Staying my whole career at one club is pretty important to me and I'd love to stay a Tiger."

Ottens said he and Wallace had already had a face-to-face discussion.

"I have spoken briefly to Terry and I hadn't had a whole lot to do with him in the past, so it was just good to meet him and see where he thought I was at and get a few of his ideas," Ottens told Triple M.

"He said he can see a bit of improvement in the role that I play and a few changes and I took a lot out of the talk I had with him.

"I spoke to him in person to touch base and see where he saw the club going and the changes and improvements he was going to make was a pretty big benefit for me."

Ottens failed to make an impact this year before an ankle injury brought a premature end to the season and he admitted he needed to lift.

"I would be the first to admit it hasn't been my best year," he said. "I have a lot of work to do in a lot of areas."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10600017%255E19771,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 10:16:56 AM »
Greg Miller is quoted in todays Age as saying we offered Ottens a new contract last week.

It appears that he will be staying a Tiger.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 02:46:17 PM »

He said he had met new coach Terry Wallace and was keen to end his career as a one-club player.

Great to see Terry's continuing to do his homework ;)

Greg Miller is quoted in todays Age as saying we offered Ottens a new contract last week.

Saw that too Bully - postivie news.

We maybe out of the finals (not that we were ever in 'em) but I reckon we are going to be in the news a bit over the next feww weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 08:34:22 PM »
I'll believe he wants to stay a Tiger when I see signs of it on the footy field.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 10:26:47 AM »
I'll believe he wants to stay a Tiger when I see signs of it on the footy field.

I second that....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne