Author Topic: Kayne Pettifer thread [merged]  (Read 11511 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Knee blow ends year for Pettifer (Age)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 03:08:52 AM »
Knee blow ends year for Pettifer
Michael Gleeson and Michael Sharkie | July 21, 2008

RICHMOND forward Kayne Pettifer's career has been thrown into doubt after receiving a severe knee injury yesterday that is likely to require a full reconstruction.

Pettifer is understood to have ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the VFL during Coburg's game against Williamstown.

Tests early in the week are expected to confirm the initial diagnosis.

The 26-year-old flanker, who is believed to be out of contract at the end of the year, has been out of the Richmond side since round 11.

He was taken at pick nine in the 2000 national draft and has played 109 games for 129 goals, but has struggled to achieve the potential he has shown in some matches.

Pettifer has played just six AFL games this year — the first three of the season before being dropped and three more games from round nine before again being axed.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/knee-blow-ends-year-for-pettifer/2008/07/20/1216492256936.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Petts injured - off on a stretcher
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
Was thinking the same thing. Sad for Kayne that he's done his knee but it may ensure he's at Richmond next year.
The same thing happened with Hilton and Rodan didn't it? Rory did his knee in 2004 but wasn't delisted until the end of 2005. Rodan did his knee in the 2005 preseason and was delisted at the end of 2006. Then again Rodan may have been contracted and we may have paid him out. I can't remember.

Pretty sure we paid Rodan out.  Had 1 year left.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 10:35:48 AM »
Yep Petts is out of contract although IIRC there was some clause if a player cops a long-term injury that extends beyond their current contract in terms of rehab and all.
I'm not sure if its an extension of contract. I think it's that is someone suffers an injury that ends their career the compensation payout is about the same as an additional 12 months on their contract. This means that many clubs will keep them on their list as they are paying for them anyway, but I don't think we have room to make that choice and will most likely just pay him out.

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »
Yep Petts is out of contract although IIRC there was some clause if a player cops a long-term injury that extends beyond their current contract in terms of rehab and all.
I'm not sure if its an extension of contract. I think it's that is someone suffers an injury that ends their career the compensation payout is about the same as an additional 12 months on their contract. This means that many clubs will keep them on their list as they are paying for them anyway, but I don't think we have room to make that choice and will most likely just pay him out.

yeah your right ,but it has to be a career ending injury .
he will recieve 1 year of rehab payed by the club.
and his payout is judged by how many years hes played, and how many years he had left.
but alot of players managers have a figure anyway,and put that into the contract.
l doubt if this will end his afl career ,hes not really that old and some club may want him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
News is bad for Pettifer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 02:42:10 AM »
News is bad for Pettifer
Herald-Sun 22 Jul 2008, Page 99

KAYNE Pettifer will miss the rest of the season after news yesterday that he needed a knee reconstruction.

The Richmond forward suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament playing for the Tigers' VFL affiliate Coburg on Sunday.

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Sad for Petts to injure his knee at this time of year,  but this could also spark him knowing his got alot of hard work in rehab ahead. His got great mates who have been through the same thing to support him.
This might just give him the drive required to ressurect his playing career l know his football has been down but l wish him all the best in his recovery  :thumbsup you can do it  ;D This could be a lucky injury for him which may save his career.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
Knee reconstruction ends Pettifer's season
RSSFont downFont largerPrint12:14 PM Tue 22 July, 2008

Kayne Pettifer

Today's headlines
Knee reconstruction ends Pettifer's season
Tue, Jul 22, 08
Tigerland Auctions
Mon, Jul 21, 08
Farewell to a top Tiger
Mon, Jul 21, 08
Today's videos
Best Marks Round 16
Sun, Jul 20, 08
Best Goals Round 16
Sun, Jul 20, 08
Round Rewound Round 16
richmondfc.com.au
Sun, Jul 20, 08

Scans yesterday confirmed Kayne Pettifer ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee while playing with Coburg against Williamstown on Sunday.

After consultation with surgeon Julian Feller, Kayne will undergo a knee reconstruction later this week.

Scans determined that only the ACL was affected and no other damage was done to the knee.

Kayne will miss the remainder of the 2008 season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=63861

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No promises for Pettifer (Sportal)
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
No promises for Pettifer
22/07/2008 2:25:38 PM
Angus Morgan
Sportal

Snippet from Sportal

Wallace said: "We’ve said to Kayne we'll let him know where he stands sooner rather than later and we think that's the only fair thing, but I'm confident we’ll be able to work out something with him."

"He basically hasn’t had his body right since day one, and sometimes you just go through those sorts of years," Wallace said.

"He's had back-related hamstrings … and you start not getting on the track on a regular basis and that starts impacting on how you play your footy."

"It all mounts up when you're not getting continuity and that's been his lot this year."

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/no-promises-for-pettifer-52904

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »
Maybe they'll pay him to play at Coburg while he rehabs and then look to redraft him if he proves himself in the 2010 PSD.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
we should try and rehab him as best we can then shove him out that door quick smart.

we dont need selfish footballers like him at our club
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
When it rains.....

Really feel for the kid, no matter what you think of Petts, this has been a horror year. If you were in his shoes, right now life would seem pretty unfair.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 08:51:39 AM »
When it rains.....

Really feel for the kid, no matter what you think of Petts, this has been a horror year. If you were in his shoes, right now life would seem pretty unfair.

no one deserves that to happen to them.

but look at cogs and see how determined he is.

from what i hear Petts absoltely hates TW and cant wait to get out of Punt road, as does Rainesy..

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »
When it rains.....

from what i hear Petts absoltely hates TW and cant wait to get out of Punt road, as does Rainesy..

Well in that case.... goodbye Petts and Raines :nopity

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »
When it rains.....

Well in that case.... goodbye Petts and Raines :nopity

I heard that from a girlfriend of one of the boys, who i worked with for 4 years...

Both unhappy they are in the reserves.

I felt like saying well maybe its because they are poo

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 10:41:08 AM »
I heard that from a girlfriend of one of the boys, who i worked with for 4 years...

Both unhappy they are in the reserves.

I felt like saying well maybe its because they are poo

:lol :jump :ROTFL