Author Topic: Kayne Pettifer thread [merged]  (Read 10703 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Petts injured - off on a stretcher
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »
Does that mean Petts was telling porkies to the HUN a few weeks back ;D
I hardly see how the player in question is ever going to be a reliable source on this subject. What was said could have easily been interpreted in certain ways. Seems like Chinese whispers what was actually said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Petts injured - off on a stretcher
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
Another BF rumour

Heard a rumour today that Pettifers knee is worse than first thought and he has had to undergo a second operation. The same person also told me that it is likely that Petts will be added to the delistings by Friday.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12916142&postcount=21

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kayne Pettifer thread [merged]
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 06:15:34 PM »
Another Petts is gone rumour on BF:

Look for it to be announced during the week.
Petifer has been/ will be delisted during the week.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12966646&postcount=1

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
Another Petts is gone rumour on BF:

Look for it to be announced during the week.
Petifer has been/ will be delisted during the week.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12966646&postcount=1

Excuse my ignorance but why would we delist him now, haven't we already made the changes to our list required for the drafts. 

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
There's still another list lodgement date prior to the PSD I think

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »

I am not big on the drafts working Infamy, but are you saying that if we want a pick in the PSD we still have to reduce our list by one more.  If our pick is at eight and I think I heard the PSD is a small list lacking in quality I cant see the point.

Oh No Not Jeff White!!, although for a broken down Pettifer if he is Kaput???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2008, 02:55:43 AM »

I am not big on the drafts working Infamy, but are you saying that if we want a pick in the PSD we still have to reduce our list by one more.  If our pick is at eight and I think I heard the PSD is a small list lacking in quality I cant see the point.

Oh No Not Jeff White!!, although for a broken down Pettifer if he is Kaput???
There's still another two more list lodgement dates. The 2nd one on Nov 14 before the National draft and the 3rd and final one on Dec 3 before the PSD and rookie draft.

Tuesday, November 11 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.
Wednesday, November 12 (2pm) -- Draft nominations close.
Friday, November 14 (2pm) -- List Lodgement 2.
Wednesday, November 19 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.
Saturday, November 29 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL NATIONAL DRAFT selection meeting (Telstra Dome).

Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of scholarship-listed player and international scholarship-listed player to rookie list.
Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of an international player and a player not registered for three years.
Tuesday, December 2 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.
Wednesday, December 3 (3pm) -- List Lodgement 3 and TPP Estimates.
Tuesday, December 9 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.
Tuesday, December 16 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL PRE-SEASON DRAFT selection meeting
Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans nominate eligible rookie list players.
Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Nomination of third-year rookies.
Tuesday, December 16 (10.30am) -- 2008 NAB AFL ROOKIE DRAFT selection meeting.

Right now we have 4 available spots on our Senior list to fill meaning we can use all 4 picks (8, 26, 58, 70) in the National draft OR 3 picks in the National draft (8, 26, 58) and 1 pick in the PSD (pick 8). Offloading another senior listed player would give us another National draft pick to play with (#81).

And yep we could select Jeff White in either the National or PS drafts if we wish to :help.

The thing that makes me dispute this rumour is why would we delist Petts in a week of no list lodgements. It would make more sense to delist him last Friday or Friday week on Nov 14.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »
Thanks for the info MT.

In regards to Petts I suppose he would have to be told before Nov14 although nine days plus would probably be too much advance notice.

Just another question if I may why are Brisbane and Sydney singled out on Dec 16th for nominating elgibile rookie list players

Thanks Chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »
Just another question if I may why are Brisbane and Sydney singled out on Dec 16th for nominating elgibile rookie list players

Thanks Chuck
They are allowed to select up to something like 9? rookies where the extra rookies come from local zones.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
They are allowed to select up to something like 9? rookies where the extra rookies come from local zones.

Thanks MT I bet they don't get much joy from those local zone rookies, the only two locals I know of two play for the swans are Stafford and Jack, I assume they were on the rookie list when they started with the Swans.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »

Thanks MT I bet they don't get much joy from those local zone rookies, the only two locals I know of two play for the swans are Stafford and Jack, I assume they were on the rookie list when they started with the Swans.
Yep both were Swan rookies. Jack was taken after Humm and Howat in 2005 :-\.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »

Yes, but he was selected prior to the rookie draft due to the special advantages given to Sydney and Brisbane, so we couldn't rookie him.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »

Yes, but he was selected prior to the rookie draft due to the special advantages given to Sydney and Brisbane, so we couldn't rookie him.

Are you sure he was one of their concession picks?  I thought I read he was a straight out rookie pick.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2008, 01:41:42 AM »

Are you sure he was one of their concession picks?  I thought I read he was a straight out rookie pick.
That's what I thought too but I can't remember if they just tacked on special rookies at the end of the rookie draft so GB could be right. On the AFL site they had Jack taken with pick 57. We passed at picks 48 and 56 (it wasn't compulsory back then to have a full rookie list).

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2462.0

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »
Sydney and Brisbane got their local rookies with their last picks prior to the PSD & Rookie Draft.

Sydney had the last 4 picks in that rookie draft - 57 (Jack), 58, 59 & 60.
All 4 were NSW or ACT residents.

It's a bit confusing but there is/was a rule which points to Jack not being a concessional rookie.

"If a club based in the Sydney or Brisbane metropolitan area includes more than three players on its Rookie List under this rule, it shall forfeit its last and each previous draft selection at the NAB AFL Rookie Draft."

Sydney picked up 8 rookies using all of their picks, so only the last 3 would be concessional.

My head hurts and my Sydney care factor just dropped below zero.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:01:51 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott