Author Topic: Your Heroes  (Read 4983 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Your Heroes
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »
Thanks to everyone for you kind words. They really mean a lot to me.  :) Its been a tough week but I'm slowly climbing the hill. Whilst my Mum was a dyed in the wool "Southerner", I'm certain She got the boys over the line on the Weekend because She really disliked the Bombers with a passion!! Now all I have to do is go through the dreaded Will process where I know some family members are going to cause problems. I wish I could walk away from it all but unfortunately I am the executor but once thats all done and dusted I will then begin to try and get my life back to some normality.

As Ox and WP who have recently lost a parent would know,  its those little quiet moments when sadness creeps in, so I am trying to keep myself busy, like posting here to take the edge off the sadness of her not being around anymore. I think its about learning to cope, not trying to forget. 

Thanks again everyone!  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 09:00:21 PM »
My Mum who passed away last week at the age of 82 was my hero. Had to bring up six kids on her own when my Dad passed away when I was 4 in 1970. Wasn't going to go public with my loss but this thread was the perfect tribute to her. RIP Mum. Praying for you :pray

Praying for you as well Tiga  sorry to hear of your loss  remember the good times
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 09:37:23 PM »
One day at a time, Tiga!
Luv to you and your family!  :'(

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
Deepest sympathies Tiga.....As everyone is saying, remember the good times, you are very lucky to be able to count your mum as your hero. Stay strong :pray

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 01:01:54 AM »
Professor Graeme Clark for 30 years of restoring people's hearing via his cochlear implant.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
Unlike most my parents are not anywhere close to being a hero,(both have gone now). But as a kid it was Jimmy Jess and Bill Barrot.
Today it is my son as he's one of the most level headed people I know. And a bloke from the biker build off Billy Lane, he never loses his temper. I would love to be like him, but I'm not.