Author Topic: Richmond Football Club reveals Punt Rd makeover (Herald-Sun)  (Read 3324 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond Football Club reveals Punt Rd makeover (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »
Could even give it to a preschool fingerpainting class and they'd come up with something better than what we've got proposed now.

Massive dissapointment

100 % correct - What a sham

"Modern architecture"  :lol :rollin = what was dumped on our doorstep a few years back :(

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
the problem is that the whole facade looks like a tin roof look. its not a total disaster but it is disappointing. for 20 million youd atleast expect to get a decent facade rather than tin roof sheeting.

jackstar

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »
always had a ambition to buy one of those double storey properties across from Punt rd ground just down a little from the pub.
There a couple of them slightly rundown & l like old houses like that. oneday it will happen  :thumbsup be it me or my son, maybe my youngest daughter when she marries Dale Thomas she said.  :lol  :rollin

Isnt that the massage parlour Monk ? :gobdrop

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 07:42:19 PM »
What a shocker.

I don't like Fed Square, don't like Spencer St Station or whatever it's called today and this ... well it out does them all

There is a beautiful old stand and then you have that thing

It just makes me wanna do this  :chuck

In the immortal words of Dr. Phil......RFC? What were you thinking  ??? :gobdrop

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Makes you want to barrack for the boys at the Lexus Centre

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
Makes you want to barrack for the boys at the Lexus Centre

Let's not go insane Jack

Actually if you want to look at a first class facility that I reckon you could argue is as good if not better than the Lexus centre - check out the Whitten Oval development, a WIP but a beauty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
WP - Fed Square certainly polarises opinion and I certainly wondered what the hell they were doing when it was going up, but it does work and was very well designed. This Punt Road proposal is just a cheap knock off though.

LAB actually won an international design competition to do Fed square. This is just a local architect thinking that weird shapes thrown together is modern and creative when it's the complete opposite.

At the end of the day, if you want something that won't look dated, just try and make it classy. 101 Collins was designed and built almost 20 years ago, but you'd never know it. It's still one of the best looking buildings in the Melbourne skyline. Perhaps it's unfair to compare something like that to a lowrise development, but the theory still applies.

jackstar

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
WP - Fed Square certainly polarises opinion and I certainly wondered what the hell they were doing when it was going up, but it does work and was very well designed. This Punt Road proposal is just a cheap knock off though.

LAB actually won an international design competition to do Fed square. This is just a local architect thinking that weird shapes thrown together is modern and creative when it's the complete opposite.

Have worked with LAB in the past, are all up themselves. Come from a different world. lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »
always had a ambition to buy one of those double storey properties across from Punt rd ground just down a little from the pub.
There a couple of them slightly rundown & l like old houses like that. oneday it will happen  :thumbsup be it me or my son, maybe my youngest daughter when she marries Dale Thomas she said.  :lol  :rollin

l dont know but l let you know when l come out  :lol  :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »

Have worked with LAB in the past, are all up themselves. Come from a different world. lol
Who gives a crap?

Just a tad hypocritical too and by a tad, I mean a lot.

Ox

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »
Here's one of the Achitects home...which he designed

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
Hey it might actually end up being Melbourne's own version of the Sydney Opera House with a 30 year non corrosive warranty.  :lol On the plus side, it would be a Graffiti Taggers nightmare. Aluminium, Aluminium everywhere, with not a place to tag.  :rollin

Ox

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »
Hey it might actually end up being Melbourne's own version of the Sydney Opera House with a 30 year non corrosive warranty.  :lol On the plus side, it would be a Graffiti Taggers nightmare. Aluminium, Aluminium everywhere, with not a place to tag.  :rollin

I'll be refering to it as,"The Yellow Peril"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
It's $20m worth of Lego  ;D.

No flow or connection with the existing buildings and as HMH said they couldn't even get the sash the right way around  :wallywink.

Oh well let's hope the money has been spent of the most important stuff which is inside on the facilities for the players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 11:14:21 PM »

l dont know but l let you know when l come out  :lol  :thumbsup
Jack's right  :gobdrop.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd