Author Topic: Craig Cameron is our new footy manager [merged]  (Read 23695 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Peter Schwab turns down Tigers (Australian)
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »
the people have spoken. No one wants to work with a stuff head like TW.
Avoiding the swear filer again when you've been told repeatedly not to, are you thick or something?

Didn't want Schwab or Richardson anyway, Pelchen is a shame but nice to see we are aiming high

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »

dropping like flies people's...

its so obvious. Scwab, pelchin, richardson. nada no one wants to come to punt Road

I think you will find the actually stuff head is GM....the guy is a tool

the decision has been made, we have exactly who we need for the position. It will be announced next week. Tremendous appointment, stay tuned.  ;)

Moi

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »
the decision has been made, we have exactly who we need for the position. It will be announced next week. Tremendous appointment, stay tuned.  ;)

So much for Daniel's theories hey  :rollin
And stop that winking Blaisee, you remind me of someone  ;)
Thanks for that, Blaisee, good to have someone with some real inside knowledge rather than someone who keeps predicting things to happen every year and we're still waiting  :lol
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:17:05 PM by WilliamPowell »

The Cotch

Re: Our new footy manager [merged]
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2008, 06:51:35 PM »
I think we can bring Chris Pelchen back into the equation  ;)

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:57 PM »
I think we can bring Chris Pelchen back into the equation  ;)

Yes, after tomorrow you will be able to.

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

its so obvious. Scwab, pelchin, richardson. nada no one wants to come to punt Road

Interesting.
This ""person"" will then have find a senior coach.

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »

Interesting.

coach found, been a done deal since the carlton loss

hardwick is the man

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2008, 08:17:55 PM »
Peter Schwab baulks at Tigers role
Greg Denham | The Australian | September 04, 2008

FORMER Hawthorn coach Peter Schwab has withdrawn from the race to become Richmond's new general manager of football operations, a position that has been vacant since the axing of Greg Miller in July.

Schwab, a dual premiership team-mate of Richmond coach Terry Wallace when the pair played with Hawthorn, went through the interview process with the Tigers but pulled out because of family reasons.

Another candidate, leading player manager Dan Richardson, has also withdrawn after being interviewed by the Tigers.

Schwab, who worked at Richmond for three years as an assistant coach, in 1992 under Allan Jeans and for the following two seasons under John Northey, said yesterday he would remain in his position as chief executive of AFL Victoria, which runs the VFL and TAC Cup competitions.

"I'm staying where I am," Schwab said. "I'm more inclined to stay in the AFL system than return to club footy."

Richardson, who manages a number of high-profile players including Collingwood's Alan Didak, also cited family reasons for withdrawing last week.

"With a young family, it's not the right time to do it," Richardson said. "It was flattering to have been approached."

Former Melbourne and Essendon football manager Danny Corcoran said he was still "weighing up" his options after returning a week ago from Beijing.

Corcoran, who is chief executive of Athletics Australia, said last month that he had never ruled out a return to the AFL at the elite level.

North Melbourne list manager Tim Harrington was confirmed yesterday as still being in the running for the Richmond position.

Tigers president Gary March said last month that Miller's successor should be a "contemporary" person with the necessary experience to have an immediate input into decisions made about drafting, trading and possible further changes to the Tigers football department.

March said yesterday "at least three" candidates remained in contention.

"We're likely to have it finalised next week," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24289701-5012432,00.html

again wrong on so many counts. :lol

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »

Interesting.

perhaps they have already. :lol

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
After all these pages, I am still none the wiser about whats going on.  Got an email from a mate in Melbourne, but the rumour seems to have just been plucked off another site  :-\

Ramps

« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
After all these pages, I am still none the wiser about whats going on.  Got an email from a mate in Melbourne, but the rumour seems to have just been plucked off another site  :-\

In the end, if the rumour is true then it is a debating point for all forums but if theres nothing in it and Wallace isnt gone then its disgraceful rumour mongering which I feel paints our club in a very bad light and doesnt help us in any way shape or form.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »
its been a big week in footy, can we expect more of the same next week.

will that gutter rat hutchy get his big head on the idiot box tonight and declare he knows all.

sit tight.

Moi

« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »

In the end, if the rumour is true then it is a debating point for all forums but if theres nothing in it and Wallace isnt gone then its disgraceful rumour mongering which I feel paints our club in a very bad light and doesnt help us in any way shape or form.
With due respect, Ramps, you have been championing Jack for the last couple of years with all his rumours haven't you?  The fact you think it is disgraceful is what I've been trying to tell Jack for a long time that none of that kind of stuff does any good for the club.  And guess what, we've now got the situation we're in now.  How must Wallace feel?  You do your best and most people think you're doing a good job, but everyone else wants to stab you in the back because someone has been saying, We're getting Sheeds this week, someone else says we're getting Williams, someone else says we're getting Hardwick.  Excuse me, but we already have a coach.  We'll end up with Frawley again, because every good coach in the league will think we're hopeless and Wallace will be long gone in disgust.

Ramps

« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2008, 10:48:56 PM »

With due respect, Ramps, you have been championing Jack for the last couple of years with all his rumours haven't you?  The fact you think it is disgraceful is what I've been trying to tell Jack for a long time that none of that kind of stuff does any good for the club.  And guess what, we've now got the situation we're in now.  How must Wallace feel?  You do your best and most people think you're doing a good job, but everyone else wants to stab you in the back because someone has been saying, We're getting Sheeds this week, someone else says we're getting Williams, someone else says we're getting Hardwick.  Excuse me, but we already have a coach.  We'll end up with Frawley again, because every good coach in the league will think we're hopeless and Wallace will be long gone in disgust.

I havent been championing Jacko at all. On some points I think Jacko was correct, the reality is that for the best part of 4 years we have been extremely bad, not once making the finals, the only exception has been the last half of this season. Throughout the year I said in these forums if he wins 1/2 the games then its hard to sack him, he did that by r22 but the reality was that until R11 we had had another bad season. Further, I was disappointed throughout the past 4 years with the style of play of the team. I dont believe its possible to win a flag playing the type of footy that we have predominantly played, and last I was against some of the recruiting that has taken place ie. Now clearly, I hold some similar views to jacko and afew other posters, but that is different to what we are seeing today on forums etc. Its like sharks circling ... and its not a good look. If the club wants to make a decision, it should make it, keep the plough or sack him but make a decision, dont let the speculation continue unabated. It is the speculation and how people are feeding it that is disappointing.

Moi

« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2008, 11:02:21 PM »
I agree Ramps, it's not a good look.
Some opposition supporters just can't comprehend why we would do it now.
Last year, maybe but after a good year, they don't understand
And neither do I
We'll be a laughing stock again