Author Topic: Craig Cameron is our new footy manager [merged]  (Read 23684 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Our new footy manager [merged]
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »
What's Shaw's great credentials, Blaisee?

IMHO none, thats why he wont get the job.

You would certainly hope that will be the case based on Shaw's lack of credentials.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »
What's Shaw's great credentials, Blaisee?

Age 53.

Played 51 games between 1974 and 1981 for the Essendon.

Senior coach of Fitzroy 1991-94    (record: 28-58 =  32%)

Senior coach of Adelaide 1995-96.  (record: 17-27 =  38%. Crows won back-to-back flags after he left).

Assistant coach at Essendon 1999-2005.  (2000 flag under Sheedy)

General Manager of Football Operations at the Fremantle 2006-07. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Shaw_(footballer)

Given how Essendon and Freo's lists topped up, aged and fell away dreadfully in those periods it won't give anyone much confidence if Shaw got the job of overseeing our whole footy dept  :-\. Nor is he contemporary. He's of Greg Miller's generation.

I'm hoping Corcoran and Pelchen are still in it.

Or someone else maybe ??
Harrington from North Melbourne?

I was under the impression the 3 favourites in the running were Corcoran, Pelchen and Harrington but I could be wrong.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
SEN just replayed a snippet from Robert Shaw's interview this morning. He said he's spoken to a few clubs but he's had an extensive interview process with one club (presumably us).

They also said they (the media) were expecting us to announce our new director of football this week but now it looks like sometime next week.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »
from pelchin to corcoran to....................robby shaw.....hahaha

well done RFC you have done us proud yet again.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
from pelchin to corcoran to....................robby shaw.....hahaha

well done RFC you have done us proud yet again.
Yep we sacked Miller so we could get the best before the end of the season :P. I still hope Corcoran is one of those having 2nd interviews. Mind you the club could already have the person locked away and is waiting to Wednesday night to announce it.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »
If we don't get Corcoran and settle for Shaw then this is a monumental c0ck up.

If we don't have the position filled by the end of next week then it remains to be asked why March couldn't wait until we were in the midst of footy finals action to sack Miller thereby missing the media spotlight.

Again, his PR skills are worrying.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »
If we don't get Corcoran and settle for Shaw then this is a monumental c0ck up.
Agree 100%

If we don't have the position filled by the end of next week then it remains to be asked why March couldn't wait until we were in the midst of footy finals action to sack Miller thereby missing the media spotlight.
Disagree on this bit, we could be targeting someone at a club involved in a grand final. If we haven't made the appointment the week after the grand final then i'll start worrying. If we appoint Shaw before the grand final then I'll be very peeed off as Shaw meets NONE of the credentials that March said the position required.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
Disagree on this bit, we could be targeting someone at a club involved in a grand final. If we haven't made the appointment the week after the grand final then i'll start worrying. If we appoint Shaw before the grand final then I'll be very peeed off as Shaw meets NONE of the credentials that March said the position required.
The week after the GF would be the final chance to make the appointment as trade week starts the following Monday.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »
as far as I am concerned no news is good news ;)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2008, 09:39:49 AM »
as far as I am concerned no news is good news ;)

Not when you're used to this club shooting itself in the foot and you're one of the fans in the dark in an appointment saga that has gone for far too long and now looking at pretty thin pickings.

Believe me.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2008, 07:46:31 PM »

I suppose you are right if we end up hiring someone from within the AFL - but I havent heard too many names that are both appealing and interested.

The problem is it is almost too late for Danny Corcoran to be engaged in the upcoming trade period - he's come out of the Olympics @ Athletics Australia and I don't suppose he is that up to date with regards to trade targets and the state of our list.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »
The new football manager wouldn't actually be overseeing the trades or list management, but managing the people who are responsible for those areas.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
The new football manager wouldn't actually be overseeing the trades or list management, but managing the people who are responsible for those areas.

Really? I would have thought that the list management team identify some players and then the football operations manager determines the budgetary restraints and therefore has final say on any list change.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »
I just hope we don't regret the decision we make here 5 years down the track. :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:17 PM »

Really? I would have thought that the list management team identify some players and then the football operations manager determines the budgetary restraints and therefore has final say on any list change.
I'm sure he'd have involvement, but it wouldn't require him to be in place already to make these decisions as was suggested re: Corcoran being out of AFL for a while. The details of each area is the job of the people we currently have in place.