Author Topic: Craig Cameron is our new footy manager [merged]  (Read 23674 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Craig Cameron is our new director of football
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »
Ch 10 news has confirmed Cameron's appointment as well. No mention of who is Cameron's replacement as list manager though.

probably will be Chris Hyde the way we are going.

another great recruiting move by the RFC. :clapping

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Re: just been confirmed
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
March has made a complete cock up of this and just shown that he allowed his own personal thoughts over ride the clubs well being in sacking Miller.  To appoint Cameron into this new role means we couldnt find anyone else so we might as well put someone in that made a great fist of Melbourne, have a look at there list management as we speak.

March is the one that should go, he is following in the footsteps of Rod Butters and allowing personal sentiment to get in the way of the betterment of RFC.

Before all you March lovers shoot me down and say that he has turned the club around off the field in the past 3 years, that is just pure crap, he has ridden on the coat tail of Steven Wright...he is the mastermind not that dill March.

Disgrace we now have a failed list manager and recruiting manager as our Director of Football.......

Sounds like you should take the advice you gave Jackstar with your first post.

"stop being so spiteful and let things go......no need to be bitter forever"

:cheers

Sorry u have misunderstood, it is not spite, it is common sense and I don't need to let go of anything.

Perhaps you shouldnt allow the facts to cloud your blind affinity toward March and then you will understand.

Cheers

« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
March has made a complete cock up of this and just shown that he allowed his own personal thoughts over ride the clubs well being in sacking Miller.  To appoint Cameron into this new role means we couldnt find anyone else so we might as well put someone in that made a great fist of Melbourne, have a look at there list management as we speak.

March is the one that should go, he is following in the footsteps of Rod Butters and allowing personal sentiment to get in the way of the betterment of RFC.

Before all you March lovers shoot me down and say that he has turned the club around off the field in the past 3 years, that is just pure crap, he has ridden on the coat tail of Steven Wright...he is the mastermind not that dill March.

Disgrace we now have a failed list manager and recruiting manager as our Director of Football.......

Sorry u have misunderstood, it is not spite, it is common sense and I don't need to let go of anything.

Perhaps you shouldnt allow the facts to cloud your blind affinity toward March and then you will understand.

Cheers

Show me one of my posts where I even mention March.

Maybe you should get your facts right before you post.

(and yes you do sound like you have an axe to grind)

Ox

« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2008, 06:26:51 PM »

March is the town fool.

FHO!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »
March has made a complete cock up of this and just shown that he allowed his own personal thoughts over ride the clubs well being in sacking Miller.  To appoint Cameron into this new role means we couldnt find anyone else so we might as well put someone in that made a great fist of Melbourne, have a look at there list management as we speak.

Cheers

you are offically the biggest wanker on OER.

go play with yourself u fool

« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
March has made a complete cock up of this and just shown that he allowed his own personal thoughts over ride the clubs well being in sacking Miller.  To appoint Cameron into this new role means we couldnt find anyone else so we might as well put someone in that made a great fist of Melbourne, have a look at there list management as we speak.

Cheers

Another stunningly brilliant comment from Danielle.

:sleep

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Craig Cameron is our new director of football / just been confirmed
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »
This whole episode is really a joke.

Dont know a whole lot about Cameron's ability so he may turn out ok.......hopefully he does.

The fact that we head hunted several people from other clubs and they all knocked us back is very alarming.

Depite the fact that Frawley seen out his 5 years and Wallace is set to do the same, we still stink of unstability.

The way that March has ran around behind Wallace (rightly or wrongly) is disgraceful. No wonder no one wants to come to us, they cant truct anyone at Punt Road.

RFC forever a basketcase  >:(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »

The fact that we head hunted several people from other clubs and they all knocked us back is very alarming.

That's the thing that is the real concern

As I said I have no problem with Cameron's appointment but knowing so many knocked us back is a concern.

Why did they knock us back?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »

As I said I have no problem with Cameron's appointment but knowing so many knocked us back is a concern.

I think it was more them not wanting to leave their current jobs than something wrong with us.

:rollin

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »
What on earth is all this fuss about?
As I understand it Cameron applied for the position late/r in the process. If so and he gets the job how can this be a stuff up by the March, the Club, the AFL, the Council, the ALP, Liberals, C of E and the Vatican?
Not to mention Sarah Palin. ::)

You never know he might just be the best person for the job. And the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »

Cheers

Another stunningly brilliant comment from Danielle.

:sleep

copying lines from brackets.

again i say what a fricken loser you really are

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »

I think it was more them not wanting to leave their current jobs than something wrong with us.

you keep believing that and you become a bigger fool than what you are already looking now.

no one wants the gig at Punt Road amigo, WTF is wrong with u

« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »

you keep believing that and you become a bigger fool than what you are already looking now.

no one wants the gig at Punt Road amigo, WTF is wrong with u

Mods, how long do we have to put up this idiot?

:help

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »

I would have thought this position would have been a promotion and also significantly more $$$ to most people we were after.

Let's hope that CC does well in the job.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Our new footy manager [merged]
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
The new football manager wouldn't actually be overseeing the trades or list management, but managing the people who are responsible for those areas.

Seems he always was going to

“As head of our football department, Craig Cameron will oversee the draft and recruiting process together with Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson,” Wright said.

If we had of known that Cameron was the only logical choice this late in the day. What does Craig Cameron do now that he never used to do? What about Paul Armstrong? Where does this leave him?