Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223577 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #660 on: January 25, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
If he wants to go, the club won't match a motza to keep him. Why would you pay top dollar for a disgruntled player?

But who said and where does it say he's disgruntled?

That seems to be the assumption because he hasn't re-signed.

Perhaps he like a number of others in this "restricted FA market" & under advice from their managers they are waiting to see what offers out there before committing. I don't think anyone can blame him or any other player for that.

Good to see Lids following on from the examples of Cotchin & Martin..

As I said since he was drafted he has re-signed twice turning down offers from other clubs so I am not quite sure how anyone can suggest he hasn't been loyal to the club.

And there is also a massive difference in the Lids case -v- Cotch/Martin and that is both Cotch/Martin weren't eligible for FA. But when Cotch's next contract comes around he likely will be a FA and are there is distinct possibility we will going through this again.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
If he wants to go, the club won't match a motza to keep him. Why would you pay top dollar for a disgruntled player?

But who said and where does it say he's disgruntled?

That seems to be the assumption because he hasn't re-signed.

Yes it is based purely on an assumption, hence the 'if'.

I see the Doggies signed Griffen last week BTW..what did you think about that?

"I am over the moon, as soon as it came up I wanted to sign straight away," the 25-year-old said.

"I love this place and I love the boys and it is fantastic that the club wanted to sign me."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bulldogs-resign-midfield-star-griffen-20120111-1pui9.html

And there is also a massive difference in the Lids case -v- Cotch/Martin and that is both Cotch/Martin weren't eligible for FA.

Martin could have been set for life.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
I see the Doggies signed Griffen last week BTW..what did you think about that?

I don't really care about the Doggies to be honest and I don't particularly rate Griffen.

But well done to the Doggies but have probably paid over the odds for him  ;D

And I don't think Lids will be leaving

What was it 18 months ago everyone was worrying about Cotch leaving and I said at the time I didn't believe he would go anywhere and guess what he didn't. And for memory that speculation went on for what 3-6 months before he re-signed

See this Lids scenario the same way.

Don't know why but just like with Cotch and last year with Dust my gut feeling is he wont be leaving

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2012, 03:37:14 PM »

Martin could have been set for life.

He still will be.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »
The article is a little ironic saying he wants finals but then mentions GWS. He will never play finals if he plays there.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
The article is a little ironic saying he wants finals but then mentions GWS. He will never play finals if he plays there.

Don't bet on it. They said the same thing about Brisbane in the late 90s when Buckley wanted and got out.  :thumbsup

Oh how sweet that turned out  ;D

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

:lol

:clapping

I tell you what JVT, I'd hate to share a trench on the front line with some of these blokes. Wouldn't last 10 seconds when the poo really hit the fan.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Worried we paid overs for Martin to keep him and will pay overs for Deledio to keep him.
Effectively we pay the equivalent for these 2 players the same as say a Franklin and Hodge. 

Cbf going into detail but when you start using your salary cap up with paying overs for players it gets full quickly.

There is also a 3rd scenario he can decide not to sign and go in PSD? Or is that gone now
Go Tigers!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »
Noone could ever post that Carlton will throw bucketloads of money at Lids in one breath and We cant match in the other breath.

It doesnt make sense as 1 club will have no salary cap room and the other is actually front ending contracts to stay at the minimum.

If anyone should worry, it is that Richmond will be coming after their players and if we win10+ games this year i reckon some decent players might take the bait.

Lid stays, we pay top dollar, if he goes he get traded and we probably use that money in the cap to get a uncontracted gun who sits under 10 year free agency - ie Goddard or trade for Pendles.
Think about it, we could do a mini gws.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
good call HRT.

It could be to our advantage.

Get compensation picks for delidio and then snare another good player to replace him.

the sky is is still falling though. :help
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
Pretty crappy on Bretts behalf if you ask me, commit to the club now or stuff off now. Look at how Abblet affected Geelong...all bloody year, thats all we herad. How the hell can the rest of the players concerntrate on finals or week to week aith this poo goiung on.

Shame on you Deledio, if he goes so does my membership and AFL all together for mine, its just not worth trying to rebuild time and time again after losing players like this...if we do. Clubs like the Blues or the Pies get stronger because players like Lids go there (example) while clubs like us get weaker......

Not happy Jan... :banghead :banghead :banghead

RFC and Deledio should of had this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you pushing for the title of drama queen WAT?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2012, 06:37:13 PM »

:clapping

I tell you what JVT, I'd hate to share a trench on the front line with some of these blokes. Wouldn't last 10 seconds when the poo really hit the fan.

There would be no sharing Dooks, your trench would be manned solo at the first hint of a problem.   :-[

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
they'd be AWOL when the trenches were being dug, let alone manning them.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #674 on: January 25, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Pretty crappy on Bretts behalf if you ask me, commit to the club now or stuff off now. Look at how Abblet affected Geelong...all bloody year, thats all we herad. How the hell can the rest of the players concerntrate on finals or week to week aith this poo goiung on.

Shame on you Deledio, if he goes so does my membership and AFL all together for mine, its just not worth trying to rebuild time and time again after losing players like this...if we do. Clubs like the Blues or the Pies get stronger because players like Lids go there (example) while clubs like us get weaker......

Not happy Jan... :banghead :banghead :banghead

RFC and Deledio should of had this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you pushing for the title of drama queen WAT?

Bet you will be one of the drama queens if he goes al, my major problem is how it will affect the team during the season and it will affect them, don't be naive and think it won't.

So he is obviously putting himself before the club and its obviously about money and if he goes he dosn't have much faith we will be plaing finals, so that will be another reason......as I have mentioned before.

Honestly if he does go forget NO EXCUSES......we will be rebuilding forever because it shows we can't keep our best.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:11:56 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"