Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223572 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #675 on: January 25, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

:lol

:clapping

I tell you what JVT, I'd hate to share a trench on the front line with some of these blokes. Wouldn't last 10 seconds when the poo really hit the fan.

There would be no sharing Dooks, your trench would be manned solo at the first hint of a problem.   :-[

Your probably right, I'd pre-bayonet the lot so they wouldn't be a liability to the cause.  :cheers

People don't realise fans of other clubs read these websites. HTFU.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: January 25, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
Pretty crappy on Bretts behalf if you ask me, commit to the club now or stuff off now. Look at how Abblet affected Geelong...all bloody year, thats all we herad. How the hell can the rest of the players concerntrate on finals or week to week aith this poo goiung on.

Shame on you Deledio, if he goes so does my membership and AFL all together for mine, its just not worth trying to rebuild time and time again after losing players like this...if we do. Clubs like the Blues or the Pies get stronger because players like Lids go there (example) while clubs like us get weaker......

Not happy Jan... :banghead :banghead :banghead

RFC and Deledio should of had this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you pushing for the title of drama queen WAT?

Bet you will be one of the drama queens if he goes al, my major problem is how it will affect the team during the season and it will affect them, don't be naive and think it won't.

So he is obviously putting himself before the club and its oobviously about money.....as I have mentioned before.

Honestly if he does go forget NO EXCUSES......we will be rebuilding forever because it shows we can't keep our best.

I dont think he will go.

I'm on record as saying I don't care if he goes.

seriously WAT, one man does not maketh the team..... and you cannot back out of No Excuses now.

As long as the players at the club do not allow the media to wind them up like supporters do, then it will be a non issue. The ablett issue really only became what it was because Thompson made comments publicly about it and at the end of the day Geelong won a premiership in the first year he was gone.

If the players performance is affected by the contractual negotiations of one player then they don't have fortitude to be successful anyway.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »

So under FA if "he wants to go" he can only go if we don't match the offer and then he gets traded to club that gives us the best deal.

The way I read the rules your statement is incorrect.
If a player gets an offer that is not matched then he goes to that club regardless of the deal for the disadvantaged club.
The only compensation Richmond would receive would be what the AFL deems fair on the balance of free trade movement.
These picks are another example of the "magic" picks that the AFL make appear. They are not paid by the receiving club.
So if we lost Lids but picked up Pendlebury we would probably not get any compensation for losing Lids.
The positive side is we would not have to pay any picks out for Pendlebury.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: January 25, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »

So under FA if "he wants to go" he can only go if we don't match the offer and then he gets traded to club that gives us the best deal.

The way I read the rules your statement is incorrect.
If a player gets an offer that is not matched then he goes to that club regardless of the deal for the disadvantaged club.
The only compensation Richmond would receive would be what the AFL deems fair on the balance of free trade movement.
These picks are another example of the "magic" picks that the AFL make appear. They are not paid by the receiving club.
So if we lost Lids but picked up Pendlebury we would probably not get any compensation for losing Lids.
The positive side is we would not have to pay any picks out for Pendlebury.

I think the key point here is "if we did not match another clubs offer"

I would find it very difficult to believe any club playing finals could make an offer that we couldn't match in theory.
Which means those same clubs are probably better off just shrugging shoulders and engineering a trade.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #679 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »
Pretty crappy on Bretts behalf if you ask me, commit to the club now or stuff off now. Look at how Abblet affected Geelong...all bloody year, thats all we herad. How the hell can the rest of the players concerntrate on finals or week to week aith this poo goiung on.

Shame on you Deledio, if he goes so does my membership and AFL all together for mine, its just not worth trying to rebuild time and time again after losing players like this...if we do. Clubs like the Blues or the Pies get stronger because players like Lids go there (example) while clubs like us get weaker......

Not happy Jan... :banghead :banghead :banghead

RFC and Deledio should of had this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you pushing for the title of drama queen WAT?

Bet you will be one of the drama queens if he goes al, my major problem is how it will affect the team during the season and it will affect them, don't be naive and think it won't.

So he is obviously putting himself before the club and its oobviously about money.....as I have mentioned before.

Honestly if he does go forget NO EXCUSES......we will be rebuilding forever because it shows we can't keep our best.

I dont think he will go.

I'm on record as saying I don't care if he goes.

seriously WAT, one man does not maketh the team..... and you cannot back out of No Excuses now.

As long as the players at the club do not allow the media to wind them up like supporters do, then it will be a non issue. The ablett issue really only became what it was because Thompson made comments publicly about it and at the end of the day Geelong won a premiership in the first year he was gone.

If the players performance is affected by the contractual negotiations of one player then they don't have fortitude to be successful anyway.

I know one man doesn't al, but a player like Lids in a team like ours is crucial to our success, wouldn't you say?

We have a very young team, Geelong had and has a very mature team, media speculation and internal rumors will affect them, I would be more surprised if it didn't.

I hope he stays because I believe he is just about as important to our success as Judd is to the Blues......but thats IMO...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigerblood

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #680 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
is he in the leadership group?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: January 25, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
is he in the leadership group?

I thnk so, but so was Maric....wouldn't matter, Judd was Captain too....

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #682 on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
no WAT, i don't believe that one man is important to success. Perhaps in the short term, but if you are banking on one man to win you a premiership then you are in trouble, just look at st kilda and the lesser reiwoldt .  To do so you really are only one injury away from disaster. 

Good teams can overcome the loss of one player and if you are after sustained success then that's where you want to be as team

FWIW, Hardwick didnt seem too concerned about it on radio just before.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
the sky is is still falling though. :help

As long as it doesn't hit me on the head  ;D

I know one man doesn't al, but a player like Lids in a team like ours is crucial to our success, wouldn't you say?

But WAT in your "No excuses" thread when I said that with our list being so young if we were to lose one or two of our best players to injuries then we'd struggle you told me that was just another excuse and that we should & have the depth to cover it - NO EXCUSES

You now seem to have cottoned onto an excuse

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #684 on: January 25, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
get a load of some of these drama queens :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
I see the Doggies signed Griffen last week BTW..what did you think about that?

I don't really care about the Doggies to be honest and I don't particularly rate Griffen.

But well done to the Doggies but have probably paid over the odds for him  ;D

And I don't think Lids will be leaving

What was it 18 months ago everyone was worrying about Cotch leaving and I said at the time I didn't believe he would go anywhere and guess what he didn't. And for memory that speculation went on for what 3-6 months before he re-signed

See this Lids scenario the same way.

Don't know why but just like with Cotch and last year with Dust my gut feeling is he wont be leaving

I sure hope you're right as I am a massive fan of Lids on field work to date. I guess we'll see..

As an aside my sense is that Dimma won't suffer a bloke who's heart is not in it, so Brett had better give his all this year.
He'll be pushing Deledio every inch of the way this year to be the best he can be. It's primetime.
There will be no favours and you want the coin you're gonna earn it.

Midfield playmaker or bust.

We're not the Cats though. We're mediocre, not at the top already.

If Lids wants finals that badly as rumoured, in an odd way this could be a very positive message to the group. If he's popular and they want to keep him then his team mates will hopefully do their darndest to make his wish happen.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »
the sky is is still falling though. :help

As long as it doesn't hit me on the head  ;D

But WAT in your "No excuses" thread when I said that with our list being so young if we were to lose one or two of our best players to injuries then we'd struggle you told me that was just another excuse and that we should & have the depth to cover it - NO EXCUSES

You now seem to have cottoned onto an excuse

Hang on, go and have another look, I did agree with Davey in the end that injuries would be an excuse, so don't be so selective.

My NO EXCUSES thread was based on the current team we have this year......But if contract negotiations with lids goes on all year it will affect the team, its not an excuse, but it will affect them.

"Rucks:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #687 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »

Tell me about it Anth....

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #688 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »

No way Jose, not interested in any queen's load.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »

No way Jose, not interested in any queen's load.

That's not what I hear crown hound   :o