Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223559 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #735 on: February 03, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »
Look if he goes he goes, I sure as hell won't influence what he decides either way.

But those are my thoughts of him if he does, maybe I am too loyal for my own good, I am the same in my personal life towards family and friends and at work, to my company and work collegues...thats me.

DD, good point, the club is but without players like Lids the club becomes less, the more we lose the less we become, look at the Saints in the early days, then they lost Lockett......how many years of rebuilding......

I want him to stay so the CLUB and the SUPPORTERS get what we wan't ...not just me, or am I the only one that wants a GF cup??

Regardless of picks we get for him, thats not the point.

If he leaves yes it will be for what is best for him, based on money, perks, endorsements,......overall MONEY MONEY MONEY.......yes he will follow a GF win chance but in the end its MONEY!!!!!

Pretty much what Ive been thinking big fella.  Pretty much.

Any hoot it is what it is.

I'd be more jaded if Cotch or Martin left, that's my personal line in the sand, coz Lids IMHO is yet to show he can blow a game open.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: February 03, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
yeah, agree with that dooks.

lids has also been tainted by wallace........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #737 on: February 03, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »

I'd be more jaded if Cotch or Martin left, that's my personal line in the sand, coz Lids IMHO is yet to show he can blow a game open.

It's a fair criticism too.

Lids is a fine player but he's not often shown he is a matchwinner in his 150 games. Yes that's a touch unfair given many of the spuds around him previous, not so much now..

Hardwick is giving him a midfield role and he's on show this year. If he's any good he should play a big part in our push to the 8.

You want to play finals bud? Make it happen.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #738 on: February 03, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
Lets wait and see then eh...I do think some of you need to take your heads out of the sand...

What happens when us supporters say we will leave the club, wont be members again, tear up our tickets etc..... we are called disloyal, weak, discusting etc.....

When a player does it, its ok, if Deledio goes he is a peice of poo IMO same as Ottens was...think what you want, Ottens got his premiership/s and we went further downhill when he left, we still dont have a proven ruckman....

Same will happen when and if Lids goes.

Head out of the sand? I would suggest you do the same

Why don't you actually read what I wrote!

If you bothered you will see that I actually said that if he leaves then supporters have the right to be angry & bag him. They can call him every name under the sun

But guess what right now @ Feb 3rd 2012 he still plays for the RFC.

You said "See you Brett, thanks for f.... all" based simply of what might happen. Do you understand he asn't left yet so in the context fo what you wrote Damo was spot on - it's a low comment based on an something that may happen not something that has happened.

I will repeat I don't understand why some supporters have turned on him with the venom based simply on a media story that's sole purpose was to get the masses fired up. Will say it again there is no need for it, no need for the hysteria, save the venom and vitirol for "when" not an "if"

Can I make it any clearer for you

WP, lets watch the media circus as the year develops and the weekly and/or daily questioning about Lids contract, then lets watch the ensuing game after that...

By the middle of the season the players will have had enough of the attention on Lids...is he or isnt he....just like Ablett, dont tell me that didn't affect the GF result, even Bomber said that it did.

The media circus will continue because of the reaction of supporters. Bet you they are loving reading this forum and many others. Today in media it was C'woods turm as they were talking about Pendlebury. Every club will go through it people need to get used to it.

And quite frankly if your assertion of the players having enough of the circus by mid season then to me it will mean we haven't improved one iota in the last 2 years because it will just mean they are mentally weak and looking for an excuse to fail because it is all too hard

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

It's a fair criticism too.

Lids is a fine player but he's not often shown he is a matchwinner in his 150 games. Yes that's a touch unfair given many of the spuds around him previous, not so much now..

Hardwick is giving him a midfield role and he's on show this year. If he's any good he should play a big part in our push to the 8.

You want to play finals bud? Make it happen.

This is it.  :thumbsup

We are waiting. Make it happen

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #740 on: February 03, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »
Lids hasn't shown he can blow a game open????????

:rollin
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #741 on: February 03, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »

No he hasn't. Is more consistent than a Wells but lacks the X factor that would have turned a few of our games...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #742 on: February 03, 2012, 09:57:02 PM »

He's just a very good half back flanker atm TBR. Let's see him have a great year in the centre and revisit this.

"But the challenge is well and truly there. He would like to play midfield, and he's going to get his opportunity, but he needs to show that he's capable of playing with Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley and the players we've got in there. - Hardwick

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #743 on: February 03, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »

wait till he's let loose in the midfield :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #744 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »

wait till he's let loose in the midfield :shh

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #745 on: February 03, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »
Can someone remind me where he played during his 2 B and F's?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

gerkin greg

gerkin greg

« Reply #747 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:45 PM »
Can someone remind me where he played during his 2 B and F's?

Midfield Boss

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #748 on: February 03, 2012, 10:28:57 PM »
Lets wait and see then eh...I do think some of you need to take your heads out of the sand...

What happens when us supporters say we will leave the club, wont be members again, tear up our tickets etc..... we are called disloyal, weak, discusting etc.....

When a player does it, its ok, if Deledio goes he is a peice of poo IMO same as Ottens was...think what you want, Ottens got his premiership/s and we went further downhill when he left, we still dont have a proven ruckman....

Head out of the sand? I would suggest you do the same

Why don't you actually read what I wrote!

If you bothered you will see that I actually said that if he leaves then supporters have the right to be angry & bag him. They can call him every name under the sun

But guess what right now @ Feb 3rd 2012 he still plays for the RFC.

You said "See you Brett, thanks for f.... all" based simply of what might happen. Do you understand he asn't left yet so in the context fo what you wrote Damo was spot on - it's a low comment based on an something that may happen not something that has happened.

I will repeat I don't understand why some supporters have turned on him with the venom based simply on a media story that's sole purpose was to get the masses fired up. Will say it again there is no need for it, no need for the hysteria, save the venom and vitirol for "when" not an "if"

Can I make it any clearer for you

WP, lets watch the media circus as the year develops and the weekly and/or daily questioning about Lids contract, then lets watch the ensuing game after that...

By the middle of the season the players will have had enough of the attention on Lids...is he or isnt he....just like Ablett, dont tell me that didn't affect the GF result, even Bomber said that it did.

The media circus will continue because of the reaction of supporters. Bet you they are loving reading this forum and many others. Today in media it was C'woods turm as they were talking about Pendlebury. Every club will go through it people need to get used to it.

And quite frankly if your assertion of the players having enough of the circus by mid season then to me it will mean we haven't improved one iota in the last 2 years because it will just mean they are mentally weak and looking for an excuse to fail because it is all too hard

My comment "Thanks for F.... all" Brett was a conclusion to a post, should he leave the club, not based on a post that he has left the club so not a low comment unless you have just finished watching Steel Magnolias WP.......which going by your post you may of.. ;D

"And quite frankly if your assertion of the players having enough of the circus by mid season then to me it will mean we haven't improved one iota in the last 2 years because it will just mean they are mentally weak and looking for an excuse to fail because it is all too hard"

Geelong GF day, Abletts last game and they were much stronger mentally than us mate!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »

Pot, kettle, black, over..............

One significant difference is that we pay money to barrack for a club in the hope of success.  AFL players don't get to choose where they play (otherwise Lids would be at Carlton) and they are employed by their club to do a job - not barrack.

Only if we fail in providing the right environment that encourages top line employees to stay.

Lids doesn't come close to having the stature or presence in the AFL that Ablett did.  Pendlebury and a couple of others yet to be 'outed' will demand far more media scrutiny than Lids as the season progresses.

Damo....your comment :"That is so low. Even worse than normal"....is it or is Deledio leaving the club (if it happens) that developed him and the supporters and kids following him, wearing his number and wanting to be like him in a RFC jumper lower.....think about it.

Deledio has done exactly what he has been paid to do, you can easily mount a case for 'exceeded'.  Kids and supporters will follow the very next player that dons the #3 - don't get mistakenly romantic about what that means.

Business yes....but where does it end, we cant keep rebuilding pal, if we cant keep players like Lids we are stuffed, then what, Cotch goes when he can, Martin, Riewoldt......where does it end. Look at the Pies, the Blues, Bombers.. they stick fat....something we need at the club.

We can keep rebuilding if we have to and if thats what it takes to win a flag then so be it.  Some club stalwarts missed out on out '67 flag after 23 years in the wilderness - should we have handed the flag back in sympathy?  Here's a novel thought - how about supporting the club as a whole in their efforts to make up the huge gap between where we've come from and where we need to be?

There is only talk about a player like Lids going to Essendon, Pies, Blues.......who is wanting to come to us from them.....no one...I wonder why!!!!!

There is only media talk WAT and if you are foolish enough to believe even a small portion of what you read in the sports media then I fear that no-one can save you from yourself.