Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 194399 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1815 on: May 26, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
I've always held Deledio in high regard. The guy comes to our club when virtually the rest of the midfield was absolute poo. He endured the Wallace years where game plans changed as frequently as I change underwear and in a team which had no sustained success. Furthermore he was thrown at half back and had to learn that position from scratch.

The fact he chose not to leave the club and still consistently contributes to the scoreboard directly as well as indirectly is a testament to his playing ability and character.

I understand a lot of people are upset he isn't in the same league as Pendlebury and to that I say Pendlebury had Dane Swan in his 4th year to learn from/take the heat off from. Had Lids went to Hawthorn and played along Hodge and Mitchell he would have the Brownlow by now.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1816 on: May 26, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »
Can someone let me know when it's time to hate him again. Everyone seems to back flip on and off this block every year :sleep

Also please advise on Cotchin and Edwards

:lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1817 on: May 27, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »
Star forward

if we had a good mid / backline, he should of been forward last 10 years

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1818 on: May 31, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
he must have nathan brown 2005 numbers of late

No More

« Reply #1819 on: May 31, 2015, 06:32:54 PM »
I've always held Deledio in high regard. The guy comes to our club when virtually the rest of the midfield was absolute pooe. He endured the Wallace years where game plans changed as frequently as I change underwear and in a team which had no sustained success. Furthermore he was thrown at half back and had to learn that position from scratch.

The fact he chose not to leave the club and still consistently contributes to the scoreboard directly as well as indirectly is a testament to his playing ability and character.

I understand a lot of people are upset he isn't in the same league as Pendlebury and to that I say Pendlebury had Dane Swan in his 4th year to learn from/take the heat off from. Had Lids went to Hawthorn and played along Hodge and Mitchell he would have the Brownlow by now.

there is a lot of truth in that. Deledio will rightly go down as a great of our club. 200games plus mostly in crap sides being belted by the opposition because as a kid he was our best player by the length of the Flemington strait. Well done to him hopefully we can manage him through the next 3 to 5 years and we could get another 100 games out of him.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1820 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
I've always held Deledio in high regard. The guy comes to our club when virtually the rest of the midfield was absolute pooe. He endured the Wallace years where game plans changed as frequently as I change underwear and in a team which had no sustained success. Furthermore he was thrown at half back and had to learn that position from scratch.

leave him in the forward pocket next ten years

only guy that doesnt have to chase
there is a lot of truth in that. Deledio will rightly go down as a great of our club. 200games plus mostly in crap sides being belted by the opposition because as a kid he was our best player by the length of the Flemington strait. Well done to him hopefully we can manage him through the next 3 to 5 years and we could get another 100 games out of him.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1821 on: May 31, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
Looked quite hampered last night but still was one of our best.

All class.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

No More

« Reply #1822 on: May 31, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »
should be given the next preseason off IMHO. Rest him bring him back for a shorter 2016 for him and keep him going for another 4 or 5 years. Great player who deserves better from our supporters.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1823 on: June 26, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
Highly underrated

As smooth as silk
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #1824 on: June 26, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »
Not underrated by me

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1825 on: June 26, 2015, 11:15:06 PM »
Gun.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1826 on: June 26, 2015, 11:22:05 PM »
Was huge tonight. Kicked an important goal too, straight after the interchange infringement to keep the momentum going. That was critical. :thumbsup

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1827 on: June 26, 2015, 11:27:55 PM »
Better than judd

Cause he got a contested mark
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

No More

« Reply #1828 on: June 26, 2015, 11:32:36 PM »
Highly underrated

As smooth as silk

Only by people who don't know anything about footy. I have him in the Matthew Richardson category in terms of Richmond players. Champions. Lets hope Deledio gets a flag. Richo never got one but deserved one. Deledio is a Richmond Champion and its about time our supporters gave him the recognition he deserves.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1829 on: June 26, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »
People have questioned his four quarter efforts & consistency over the years and rightly so at times, don't think anyone has ever underrated his ability or importance to the side....often found himself carrying us from virtually the moment he arrived, no surprise it occasionaly wore him down and got the better of him....was never nearly as bad as some of the criticism Cotchin cops from the more clueless of our supporters...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.