Author Topic: Tiger turmoil on Free speech  (Read 6634 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger turmoil on Free speech
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
Why is everyone blaming Tony Free for Millers sacking?
I think it's all getting caught up in the same pile of doggy-doo.  Free probably wasn't responsible for the sacking but it appears from things coming out that he was guilty of flapping his jaw and part of that flapping was letting slip that Miller was on the way out.  Media hears, Miller hears, suddenly the end of year "thanks for coming" is forced on the club immediately.  From there it just spiralled out of control in the media until everyone including the boot studder was under threat of removal from Tony the Terrible.  If Free is to stay on the board and become a productive member then he best learn a very, very important lesson in public relations, diplomacy and loyalty very, very quickly, otherwise he will risk becoming the second coming of Mal Brown.  And no-one wants that.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
It couldn't get any worse on a PR level at the moment, MT
Nothing wrong with recruiting and changing your mix if it's not working, but you do it in a professional way, advising all people before you go to the media and presenting a united front behind your decisions.
Having someone make media comments when they admit they weren't a part of the process from the beginning, answered questions by saying you should ask someone else.
That interview was a role for the President and no-one else IMO.

PS:  What did March mean by he's overstepped the mark on a "couple" of occasions?  So there have been other incidents?
As a guess Free must have come in and blown his mouth off despite having no credentials other than being a former Tiger captain. The last time he was in footy was 12 years ago. Footy has changed remarkably in the past 12-24 months let alone 12 years. Modern footy depts aren't one man bands like they would've been under Northey and Walls. Imagine if you were part of the footy dept and been there for a number of years and some guy waltzes in as your performance judge yet you know he is far less qualified than you and is learning on the job. It's completely understandable if staff are ticked off.

As for the interview if Free thought only March should answer questions on Miller's sacking then why accept to do the interview in the first place. Blind freddy would realise it would be the first question the media would ask to a club director.

Amatuer week at the RFC  :scream

Who is too blame here ? blame starts at the top .Gary March and Steve Wright.
As it's a board appointment then March would be more to blame than Wright.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
Our football club looks like an unorganised brothel at the moment. Everyone should pull there heads in and just shut up.
Is that the one TM was thinking of purchasing on Punt Rd  :lol.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
its not frees fault miller went,it was decided before free joined the board .

Hello  ??? Did the club not say that the decision was made last week (Tuesday 22/7/08) at a board meeting, that was attended by Free.  Are they lying ???

miller no doubt leaked his possible sacking to the media and took off .

Are you serious ??? I've heard some atrange ones this week but that takes the cake

If this whole sordid episode wasn't so serious it would be hystericial..... if it was any other club we'd be doing this  :ROTFL :ROTFL

Sadly I can't help but do this  :banghead :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »
Why is everyone blaming Tony Free for Millers sacking?
Miller's actual sacking has almost become a side issue to all this. The timing of it all and the way it has been handled has been a shambles. For March and the board to put themselves (or rather their decisions) before the team at this time is pathetic. So no I'm not blaming Free for Miller's sacking. It's just from what we've seen he is a loose cannon without any football management credentials apart from being a ex-captain of the club. It comes across as a token appointment to appease those who cry out for more "Richmond people". The club needs qualified leaders who unite everyone to work towards a common goal of success; not divide it between board and footy dept.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:48 PM »
geez its going to be an interesting off season.

now lets see how these factions line up.... :shh

jackstar

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »

Hello  ??? Did the club not say that the decision was made last week (Tuesday 22/7/08) at a board meeting, that was attended by Free.  Are they lying ???

Are you serious ??? I've heard some atrange ones this week but that takes the cake

If this whole sordid episode wasn't so serious it would be hystericial..... if it was any other club we'd be doing this  :ROTFL :ROTFL

Miller was always going to get the flick. ;)
Wouldnt think Wallet would be sleeping too well these days ;)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
Parkin on Footy Teams tonight said that there is more to come.  Was quite adamant that there are more heads to roll and was coy when asked if that included Wallace.  To me it raises 2 questions - can we be any more self-destructive and is Parkin stooging for turmoil when we play them in 2 weeks.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »
now that Miller is gone its open slather.

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »

Given the fuss that TaT has caused with his Internet involvement do you think that there is any chance that you will ever get a job back at RFC?

Do you even want one?

???

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:08 PM »
i hope for some on the board that the tiges dont get a flogging against the cats, some might develop a nervous twitch come late saturday night.

oh interesting times ahead :lol :lol :lol :lol

jackstar

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
I think we can win, I hope so anyway

jackstar

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »

Given the fuss that TaT has caused with his Internet involvement do you think that there is any chance that you will ever get a job back at RFC?

Do you even want one?

???

Mate, dont want one. Over it, working with imposters who think there more important than the players, lol
Might be go back to coaching local footy next year.

Tigermonk

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 07:56:44 AM »
As l stated before Free is a scapegoat

stands out like balls on a bull,  put the pieces into the puzzle
surely l dont need to write them up

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »

from what l heard wp the tigers board had been talking about removing miller for at least 6 weeks .
but l guess we all hear different storys ,l think removing greg would not of been a sudden decision .
getting him off the board was the first step and made it easier to get rid of him .
l think there will be more to come and hopefully the club handle it better .