Author Topic: Why dont supporters go to away games ?  (Read 8299 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Why dont supporters go to away games ?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03:58 PM »
Geez missed 3 Melbourne-based games all year. So shoot me  :sleep

I wonder if those pointing the finger were attending games in 1990 when 17k would only turn up to Richmond vs Essendon games  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »

I wonder if those pointing the finger were attending games in 1990 when 17k would only turn up to Richmond vs Essendon games  ::).

Mate. I have been going since 1966, and for the past 5 years usually been to 3 games around.
Might add MT , if the 17,000 turned up for the game last night, it would of been a sell out.
At best  last night ,there would of been 5000 supporters, PATHETIC!
Even the turn up and the Richmond /Carlton( celebration  game )was nearly the same as round 1.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »

Mate. I have been going since 1966, and for the past 5 years usually been to 3 games around.
Might add MT , if the 17,000 turned up for the game last night, it would of been a sell out.
Even the turn up and the Richmond /Carlton( celebration  game )was nearly the same as round 1.

You mean all clubs have more of their supporters turning up to home games than away games. Geez what a revelation  :wallywink. Most people have a life other than attending 3 games a weekend.

You'll also find Tiger supporters remember turning up in large numbers to an away game at the Dome against St Kilda in 2003 and they were locked out  ::). Those lucky to get in didn't get in until after quarter time. Not like the old days where you could rock up and sit anywhere other than the MCC area at the 'G.   

jackstar

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »

You mean all clubs have more of their supporters turning up to home games than away games. Geez what a revelation  :wallywink. Most people have a life other than attending 3 games a weekend.

You'll also find Tiger supporters remember turning up in large numbers to an away game at the Dome against St Kilda in 2003 and they were locked out  ::). Those lucky to get in didn't get in until after quarter time. Not like the old days where you could rock up and sit anywhere other than the MCC area at the 'G.   

Your funny, get a life.
Dont you go to every training session, :lol
And further more, its was more employment in the sport that required me to attend 3 games a weekend. all good fun actually
You excuse about lockout is as week pee, we got seats last night, level 1 , for $26.00 , cheap.
By the way, general admission on level 3 is only $20 odd , so what the big deal, if Richmond supporters wanted to go , they could of, they just didnt!
Also smart arse, you can purchase an adult 17 ticket season ticket, why people only buy a adult 11 has got me beat, CHEAP SCATES i reckon, support your team I say!

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »

Also smart behind, you can purchase an adult 17 ticket season ticket, why people only buy a adult 11 has got me beat, CHEAP SCATES i reckon, support your team I say!

Thanks Jack, I will take your opinion of me on board, as I've already stated, i have my reasons and even tho I dont have to explain my budget to you i will anyway, one kid coming up for his 18th another about to turn 21 a daughter who looks very likely to be getting engaged..for some strange reason I would rather spend my money on my children.
We all have different budgets and priorities and we shouldnt be made to feel guilty about not giving all our money to Richmond and we also shouldnt be made to feel like 2nd class supporters because we choose not to.
Dont even bother! >:(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 08:40:10 PM by WilliamPowell »

jackstar

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »
Also smart behind, you can purchase an adult 17 ticket season ticket, why people only buy a adult 11 has got me beat, CHEAP SCATES i reckon, support your team I say!

Thanks Jack, I will take your opinion of me on board, as I've already stated, i have my reasons and even tho I dont have to explain my budget to you i will anyway, one kid coming up for his 18th another about to turn 21 a daughter who looks very likely to be getting engaged..for some strange reason I would rather spend my money on my children.
We all have different budgets and priorities and we shouldnt be made to feel guilty about not giving all our money to Richmond and we also shouldnt be made to feel like 2nd class supporters because we choose not to.
Dont even bother! >:(

All i am saying is that its extremely disappointing that only 5000approx supporters turn up last night.
And yes, it was one of the biggest games of the year for the RFC , whats amazes me that they had 30,000 there the previous week, yep and about 1000 Brisbane lions supporters at that, where were the Tigers supporters last night. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
And furthermore, they stayed away in DROVES for the celebration game, what was the slogan, 100,000 at the g ::)
And it was OUR HOME game i beleive, and judging by the crowd at that game, there were more Carlton supporters there, now thats funny, more opposition than the home team ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 08:41:26 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »
I went last night with 8 others...

I have no problem if people choose not to attend... last time i checked we were still living in a democracy  ::)

To suggest that because people chose not to attend they are any less a supporter is laughable and insulting....

Got to say the problem with buying reserves seats at the Dome is enough to put anyone off, coupled with the price. I mean $23 for a reserve when reserve seats at the MCG are arounf $12. Personally, I purchase on line, needed a total of 9 tickets, click on the link for RFC members and end up getting tickets in aisle 20 where the Geeeeeeelong team run out.... give me break :banghead

All i am saying is that its extremely disappointing that only 5000approx supporters turn up last night.
And yes, it was one of the biggest games of the year for the RFC , whats amazes me that they had 30,000 there the previous week, yep and about 1000 Brisbane lions supporters at that, where were the Tigers supporters last night. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
And furthermore, they stayed away in DROVES for the celebration game, what was the slogan, 100,000 at the g ::)
And it was OUR HOME game i beleive, and judging by the crowd at that game, there were more Carlton supporters there, now thats funny, more opposition than the home team ::)

Yeah the week before it was a home game Jack, people have reserved seats much easier to deal with...

As for the Carlton game .... let's get real. Filling the MCG is dependant on 2 things how many MCC members bother to show up and how many AFL members turn up. Look at Hawthorn & Geelong: sell out they said but half the MCC members was empty. So insteand of having 95K what was it 80K odd.

As the Carlton game half the MCC members was empty and ditto the AFL Members... cannot blame RFC members and supporters for that....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »
I went last night with 8 others...

I have no problem if people choose not to attend... last time i checked we were still living in a democracy  ::)

To suggest that because people chose not to attend they are any less a supporter is laughable and insulting....

Got to say the problem with buying reserves seats at the Dome is enough to put anyone off, coupled with the price. I mean $23 for a reserve when reserve seats at the MCG are arounf $12. Personally, I purchase on line, needed a total of 9 tickets, click on the link for RFC members and end up getting tickets in aisle 20 where the Geeeeeeelong team run out.... give me break :banghead

Yeah the week before it was a home game Jack, people have reserved seats much easier to deal with...

As for the Carlton game .... let's get real. Filling the MCG is dependant on 2 things how many MCC members bother to show up and how many AFL members turn up. Look at Hawthorn & Geelong: sell out they said but half the MCC members was empty. So insteand of having 95K what was it 80K odd.

As the Carlton game half the MCC members was empty and ditto the AFL Members... cannot blame RFC members and supporters for that....

We sat in Aisle 5, next to the Richmond Race. ;)
yep we do live in a democracy.
Pathetic turn up last night by the faithfull.
There one week, gone the next!
And I also think we have alot of ""fair weathered"' supporters as well, I die to go to the footy each way and make it a priority!
Why after the best win last week in ages( excitement wise etc ),wouldnt supporters go ???  Money , nah!
They could have paid $20 odd for general admission and supportered there team,
And they will be first to cry when the AFL takes blockbuster games away from them. ::) ::) ::)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
I was surprised at the crowd last night myself, i expected near on a sell out after our recent good form.

I can understand that lots of people dont go on a Saturday night, i would think one of the main factors is the game is only slightly on delay and also many people do go out on a Saturday night.

There are many of us who's first preference is to attend the footy but as WP mentioned it is a democracy that we live in. Can also understand people wanting or needed to limit the amount of money they spend on certain things, especially with kids!!!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »
Can also understand people wanting or needed to limit the amount of money they spend on certain things, especially with kids!!!

Especially the four legged one - Max & Jonty cost me a fortune  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »
Can also understand people wanting or needed to limit the amount of money they spend on certain things, especially with kids!!!

Especially the four legged one - Max & Jonty cost me a fortune  :rollin :rollin

As long as they dont have two heads. LOL

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 05:21:14 AM »
:whistle

Anway the membership prices are:
Adult 11 - $167
Adult 17 - $285

A difference of around $120 is significant for a lot of people for just 6 more games. If you were good at maths you'd notice there's no savings over just rocking up as GA to those 6 away games. Where's the incentive!  ??? That $120 would pay for 3 junior 11 game memberships if you have kids so the family could go to the footy rather than just one adult. As 2JD says how people prorietise their spending is their business. Most people don't live in an ivory tower and they actually have to stick to a budget.

As for the Centenary game, we greatly outnumbered Blues fans where I was sitting (I sat with my Dad that day up the top deck of the Northern stand). You know up with the plebs ::). You'll find that day that the GA area was mostly full. It was the MCC and AFL members that didn't show up so blame them. 72k each time is still more than Essendon got against Carlton, the non-ANZAC Collingwood vs Essendon, and 14k more than Collingwood vs Hawthorn got.

Btw you've said recently you still go to training sessions ;). I pop in on the way to work to meet up with friends  :thumbsup.

jackstar

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 07:17:57 AM »
Adult 11 compared to adult 17  is a difference of $118.00. wow
Now thats $2.27 a week for a year. BIG DEAL.
I dont think money is the major factor for people not going to the footy
 ::)

Moi

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 07:39:21 AM »
As I said to you last week, it's none of your business why people don't go to the football.
I remember you going to other games when the Tiges were playing sometimes.
Okay, you were working for another club.
But so what, you expect everyone else to drop things they might be doing to go to Tiger games.  Why couldn't you then?
Are you trying to make yourself to be some kind of saviour or something?
I'll go when I please.

Tigermonk

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
everyone has a fair call to goong or not going, prices for everything in general living is up since labor come into goverment raping us with thier broken promises & l being guilty voting them poofs in.
When we go out as a family,  it cost me a fortune cause l'm paying adult prices at most places for my children.
My beef for a very long time that anyone under 18 is not a adult & therefore should not be charged adult prices, l even pay adult prices at some places we go for my 13 & 16 just days ago.

example; go to the Hotrod & Custom Car show at the Exhibition Buildings in Carlton each year in Janurary.
Now l presume many of you might have gone to one over your life & so anyone over 12 years old is classed as a adult & charged $20
l wrote to my ombudsman about this cause that this is purely ripoff & should have a law to make it illegal & to stop this kind of greed, everything is greed these days,  everyone in goverment will spent mega bucks on sports while the health system is in turmoil so work that out cause l cannot

l spent alot of money for memberships to Richmond, Collingwood & Essendon every year only because l can afford it, but people are struggling to live let alone trying to support thier football club & l know heaps of people who love the tigers who cannot go to games let alone support the club & alot do so through the supporter groups

anyway thats my peice, l stand on the fence cause the goverment is cauing alot of people to suicide from thier greed  >:( l'm not on this planet to help my next generation.