Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57862 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2004, 10:40:37 AM »
"It wants a written commitment from all directors within 21 days that they will resign on the date of a December general meeting, allowing a full board election, otherwise the rebel ticket will collect signatures to force an extraordinary general meeting".

My reading of this is that they are after a full election in December.  Something we've been crying out for.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

froars

« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2004, 10:48:53 AM »
We have three directors up for election every year Harry, it's not a new phenomena.  Same this year, they can challenge the three directors standing down.  I don't see the need for a full board election.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2004, 11:05:27 AM »
Realistically, the alternative ticket couldn't expect that the Directors will do what they ask?

So they are willing to cost the Club extra money to do what they could do via the AGM.  And like froars said yesterday, if they actually had half an idea of what they were doing, they could have themselves well placed if they had stayed on the Board.

Nuff nuffs who couldn't organise a drunken pub brawl on a Friday night.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2004, 11:15:40 AM »
just when things are starting to get back on track ::)

Back on track? Have you forgotten about the wooden spoon and $2m+ loss?

Oh, you must mean the signing of Terry Wallace. A coach alone does not maketh the club.

froars

« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2004, 11:16:40 AM »
Basically, the club needs stability at this time, not instability with people who've had a chance before trying to keep this club down where they don't belong by infighting.  Here is their big chance to replace three of the current directors with three of theirs.  They can nominate as many as they like - the more the merrier - but we don't need this crap.  Have they seen what Don Scott's doing at Hawthorn - we don't want to become a joke like they are.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Here we go again - Alternative gives Board 21 days to all resign
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2004, 11:18:51 AM »
Macek said: "The members of the Richmond Football Club have every right to expect that these public commitments will be honoured in full.

"It is extremely unfortunate that previous public commitments, including access to all RFC financial and commercial arrangements, have not been honoured by the current board."

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/09/28/1096137237015.html?oneclick=true

Struth Charles don't let the facts get in the way of a good statement ::)

Your group were told they could have access to the books if you signed an confidentiality agreement - now considering that some of the things you wanted to see included "commercial agreements" (your words not mine see above) so you should be required to sign an agreement.

If I had a commercial arrangement with the RFC (eg a sponsorship agreement) I wouldn't want every man and his dog seeing what the contract says. Get real.

And as for..  "The members of the Richmond Football Club have every right to expect that these public commitments will be honoured in full." Does that include your groups commitment not to force an EGM - or did that have conditions on it that we weren't made aware of back in July.

The alternative ticket are a disgrace.

You forgot JOKE they are a JOKE and a disgrace.

Why are these people so afraid to face the members?

I think this is good. All they are requesting is that the current board members resign, so that a FULL election can take place - ie letting the members decide who should be on the board. There's nothing wrong with that as it lets us decide.

HarryH I hope you are right - but I think you will find that the alternatives don't want to face an election

Does the current board also have to sign a confidentiality agreement, because most them havent seen the books either. Only two of them have in fact. Casey and the finance director.

Bring on the election!!!

Jackstar

« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2004, 11:31:07 AM »
Why have an election may I ask ?
Will cost the club $60,000 plus for what ?
What totally amazes me that people from this site and other sites support the alternative ticket who they havent met and is made up of Ex-Board members anyway, well the three major players are anyway eg Mickey Mouse, Woosha and Macek, Oh forgot about Humpty Dumpty (Humphris )
I have spoken to Macek and if he is to President , god help the RFC.
Should be collecting the Pension for centrelink or cooking snags down the RSL, fair dinkum MACEK. as for Mickey Mouse and Woosha, get a life and move on . Dont get me wrong. I am all for change but the right change, not people who have been recyled and personal issues with accepting other people.
At the end of the day, the CEO runs the club, and the club coaches the Club. The footy operations person( Miller ) will take care of most other matters so all these people with big egos wanting to stand for the board, go away and play marbles elsewhere and get a life please.  I am one supporter who is sick and tired of reading crap about board members etc.
How many kicks or handballs did the board members get last year ? Enough said

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2004, 11:42:09 AM »
Schwab was on SEN:

Apart from repeating things he's said before and about wanting every director to resign within 21 day:

As one of the criticisms of the current admin Schwab said coming last we should have the full benefits of draft but don't as we aren't able to use the PSD pick to max due to finances. Conveniently forgot that if Otto leaves we'll have $300-400K extra to use on picking up an out of contract player.

Said if he was in charge now he would pay Ottens "market worth"  :gobdrop. Clearly he hasn't learnt a thing from the time he was part of boards that re-signed Daffy, Knights, Richo, Cambo, Holland and Gas to high $ and long term contracts. That's scary!  :banghead

KB said if you were in chrage would you be able to stop Otto from leaving. Schwab didn't give a direct answer and went on about having a 3-5 plan.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2004, 11:46:54 AM »
I thought people on here wanted an election ?

I'm with 1980 - Bring on the election.

Schwab is wrong about the Otto comment, but he like Casey, Macek, and others should face the members and let them decide who they want to represent the RFC.

Time to elect the entire board and put this crap to rest.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Here we go again - Alternative gives Board 21 days to all resign
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2004, 11:48:31 AM »
Does the current board also have to sign a confidentiality agreement, because most them havent seen the books either. Only two of them have in fact. Casey and the finance director.

Bring on the election!!!

Well fancy meeting you here 1980 ;D

Which books are we talking about? The current years ones (2004) or the last lot of accounts.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2004, 11:49:44 AM »
On the basis of what should we have any faith in the alternative ticket?

They come across like a bunch of desperado politicians trying to win votes.  But the only way they can do that is to discredit the incumbents and give no indication they have any plans for the future.

Give us something that says we should put our faith in them and I’ll start to believe they are a credible alternative.

To now, all they have done is show themselves to have no idea of what they are doing.  And the way they have gone about this clearly shows that they have no vision, direction, or nous to lead this or any Club.

We have Schwab, who was their “leader” for 5 minutes, but it turns out that he was no leader. :o Well, there’s a surprise.  So now we have Macek.  Then there was speculation that Turner was going to be their new leader.  What’s going on with them that they can’t find someone wants to lead and knows how to lead?

They expect people to have confidence in them when they can’t even organise themselves.  Why would we want them?  Where’s the proof they have half a clue?

I'm all for an election, but not in the way terms are dictated by those who have no idea.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Jackstar

« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2004, 11:55:09 AM »
Schwab has little chance of getting in.
100 active supporters who post on web sites isnt going to get him over the line.
Whats a waste of $60,000 when the clubs loses 2m .
Dont forget that this club has been in serious trouble well before the current board were there.
Schwab, Welsh and Humphris have all been part of decisions in the past.DONT FORGET !

Interesting note that at the B & F recently, only seen Macek there !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2004, 11:55:54 AM »
Said if he was in charge now he would pay Ottens "market worth". Clearly he hasn't learnt a thing from the time he was part of boards that re-signed Daffy, Knights, Richo, Cambo, Holland and Gas to high $ and long term contracts. That's scary!  :banghead

Rightee "o" then -  ::) :o ::)

KB said if you were in chrage would you be able to stop Otto from leaving. Schwab didn't give a direct answer and went on about having a 3-5 plan.

Did he give any indication what the plan was MT?

I thought people on here wanted an election ?

I am happy to have an election HarryH but I want to be able to vote for who I want - not tickets that contain a variety of "nuff nuffs" and cartoon characters

I am one supporter who is sick and tired of reading crap about board members etc.

Ditto Jack - I am sick to death of the ego maniacs.

I'm all for an election, but not in the way terms are dictated by those who have no idea.

I am with you on that one TS :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2004, 11:57:55 AM »
Why have an election may I ask ?
Will cost the club $60,000 plus for what ?
What totally amazes me that people from this site and other sites support the alternative ticket who they havent met and is made up of Ex-Board members anyway, well the three major players are anyway eg Mickey Mouse, Woosha and Macek, Oh forgot about Humpty Dumpty (Humphris )
I have spoken to Macek and if he is to President , god help the RFC.
Should be collecting the Pension for centrelink or cooking snags down the RSL, fair dinkum MACEK. as for Mickey Mouse and Woosha, get a life and move on . Dont get me wrong. I am all for change but the right change, not people who have been recyled and personal issues with accepting other people.
At the end of the day, the CEO runs the club, and the club coaches the Club. The footy operations person( Miller ) will take care of most other matters so all these people with big egos wanting to stand for the board, go away and play marbles elsewhere and get a life please.  I am one supporter who is sick and tired of reading crap about board members etc.
How many kicks or handballs did the board members get last year ? Enough said

Come off it Jackstar. Macek was head of Invesco, one of the top financial service providers worldwide. And sold it for a truckload. One of the top professionals in the finance sector. He made money for a lot of ppl.

He's also on the board of the two top blue chips in the country: Wesfarmers & Telstra. Not that I'm a fan of the blue blood Melb club types, but he's the best placed Richmond person to bring in corporate sponserships, something Casey has proven to be abysmal at.

You cannot have a properly run business without a strong board. You cannot have a strong footy club without a strong board either. Look at the best Melb teams, and compare the way their boards are run to ours. Success starts from the top. If our board wasnt losing money, we'd be attracting more Nathan Browns to the club this year.

Jackstar

« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2004, 11:58:30 AM »
Yeah and Ian Campbell was head of NIKE.   ::)