Author Topic: Club wants Richmond people and a return to old Richmond - Patrick Smith  (Read 2947 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
KB this morning replayed Patrick Smith's comments from yesterday - "Terry is a good coach but I (Smith) believe Richmond doesn't want him and there's a push from within the club to have Richmond people back and a return to old Richmond."

Greg Denham said he can see where Smith is coming from but there has been improvement and that Terry should be judged on his 5 years. There's plenty of paranoia at Punt Rd and the loss on the weekend undid a lot of the good work of the previous 6 weeks. He also seemed to be inferring that the club originally was going to offer 4 years but Terry asked for 5 years given the task.

KB said he can see real improvement this year and in the cubs. The team has won 8.5 games after 3.5 last year and supporters would have been happy with that at the start of the year. Responding to the "Richmond people" line he said Terry is an ex-player too you know.

KB took about 6 calls from Tiger supporters and it was 5-1 in favour of wanting stability and being happy with the improvement this year. 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Club wants Richmond people and a return to old Richmond - Patrick Smith
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »
Richmond people.....

I am Richmond person - do they want me at the Club?

I reckon they want my $$$ every year but I doubt they actually give S-hit about me.

I am sick to death of this crap and it is just absolute CRAP :banghead :banghead

This is the very reason we are joke.

Delude yourself and say it is the on field but it is the off field...

I am coterie member do I get a say?

Oops sorry I am only a little fish coterie member, not one of the big fish groups so I don't get a say....

It's actually hystercial if you looked at the numbers, you'd find that the little fish coteries because of thier numbers contribute just as much $$$$ on a purely membership scale compared to the big fish but that doesn't matter it all gotta be about the big fish

Same old same old... people who think the RFC is their own personal play thing with their pathetic hidden agendas.

That's why we are a bloody joke

Bloody well sick of it

Richmond people my a-rse :banghead :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »
Richmond people.....

I reckon they want my $$$ every year but I doubt they actually give S-hit about me.

I am sick to death of this crap and it is just absolute CRAP :banghead :banghead

Oops sorry I am only a little fish coterie member, not one of the big fish groups so I don't get a say....

It's actually hystercial if you looked at the numbers, you'd find that the little fish coteries because of thier numbers contribute just as much $$$$ on a purely membership scale compared to the big fish but that doesn't matter it all gotta be about the big fish

Same old same old... people who think the RFC is their own personal play thing with their pathetic hidden agendas.

Bloody well sick of it

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
In my humble opinion the names that have been bandied about, I think that a Pelchen-Hardwick ticket is the best way to go for head of football and coach

jackstar

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
Richmond people.....

Bloody well sick of it

Have you just woken up ?

I thought you would of learnt by your day in the box 3 years ago how disorganised they are, even the days leading up to the game ;)
They have little idea at Punt Road.
thus my view on a complete clean out of the plebbes down there, Wallace included

Moi

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
Anyone from the club come out yet and denied all this stuff from Patrick?
Unfortunately no  :banghead
Could easily knock it on the head, but they're doing nothing.
They're a worry  :help

Ox

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »
Brodders for assistant in 09  :thumbsup

jackstar

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
Brodders for assistant in 09  :thumbsup

Brackets been listening too my phone calls ;) :shh

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »
what are the chances of a Pelchin Hardwick ticket Jacko?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
Have you just woken up ?

No

I thought you would of learnt by your day in the box 3 years ago how disorganised they are, even the days leading up to the game ;)

Argghhh yes my day in the coaches box ...... well seeing you bought it up

Firstly regarding the days leading up to it. The person who stuffed it up is no longer there FACT. Fact 2 - not that it is any of your business or anyone elses for that matter but the Club made up for the bungle and that is the end of that

Now onto the actual day in the box - I remember it well. Do you remember it? Seeing you were in there with me

Do you remember the result?

We won that day. Beat Collingwood by a considerable margin

Do you remember what you said to me after the game? Would you like to remind you? Totally up to you Jack

I could go on but I wont...... ;)

Moi

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »
Do you remember what you said to me after the game? Would you like to remind you? Totally up to you Jack

Don't tell me he said Terry was a fantastic coach or something lol  :rollin
Please let it be that  :pray
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

jackstar

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »
Have you just woken up ?

No

Argghhh yes my day in the coaches box ...... well seeing you bought it up

Firstly regarding the days leading up to it. The person who stuffed it up is no longer there FACT. Fact 2 - not that it is any of your business or anyone elses for that matter but the Club made up for the bungle and that is the end of that

Now onto the actual day in the box - I remember it well. Do you remember it? Seeing you were in there with me

Do you remember the result?

We won that day. Beat Collingwood by a considerable margin

Yep, had $500 on the tiges, over 39.5 points at 6-1 . Pretty sure it was that game.
Plan was to force Didak and Davis up high, with our defenders folding back at all costs.
If my memory is right, Sarge got the coaches award for defensive pressure for a forward.
Main aim of all forwards was to force Pies defenders wide making there hit up forwards play higher than usual ;)

jackstar

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »

The solarium might have effected my brain. :banghead :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 08:18:27 PM »

Well seeing he answered everything but that one important question Moi 

I suppose I should share

DOnt' you ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »
What difference does it make Moi????
Whether we keep Wallace or not it is obvious the club is EXTREMELY DEFICIENT in a little thing called PROFESSIONALISM. Unfortunantely the lack of it has stifled and development our footy club has needed to take. Currently it matters not who is coach or whatever ,we are going down the well travelled path of mediocrity failure unprofessionalism. Question is if anyone comes to coach the club will they have the aggots to separate the on field from the off field. Furthermore will the off field stabilise itslef on these new appointments or will individual vendettas and pursuing of  own interests intefere. I know I as a fan have had enough of it. All I have heard is we will do this..... and this..... and this.... and this will be 26 years with 2 inals appearances. Even Fitzroy have had more since 1982. It hurts me to watch us fall short all the time. Perhaps its time for the fans to make their voices heard. Perhaps if 15000 members did not sign up next year......................