Author Topic: McDougall should be No 1 target  (Read 1772 times)

PuntRdRoar

McDougall should be No 1 target
« on: August 31, 2004, 04:21:08 PM »
Andrew McDougall is clearly the standout uncontracted player. As a full forward or Centre Half Forward he offers us an outstanding opportunity to gain a kpp for the next 10 years. However, being West Australian a McDougall acquisition will not be cheap...but imho...worth it. IMHO...McDougall should be given a $450-500,000 per year offer to come to RFC via the PSD. At the very least we will force the eagles to blow there salary cap on McDougall thus making it harder for them to retain judd at the end of 2005.

I understand that we need kp defenders and McDougall doesnt fit this criteria...but our no 1 pre season pick needs to be a young up and coming star...besides a forward line encompassing...McDougall, Richardson, Schultz, Ottens and Brown ...wack in tambling or krakouer...would be pretty hard to stop.

I also believe RFC Supporters will be furious if we dont pick up a quality player like McDougall...rumblings of players like Rhyce Shaw and Mark McGough give richmond supporters the shitz...so to all the recruiting team at RFC...take my advice...keep it simple...

1) keep your first 4 rounds of the national draft and
2) pick up a star prospect like mcdougall...

then all rfc will be happy!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: McDougall should be No 1 target
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 04:40:39 PM »
I have alot of time for McDougall as he still is young and he would give us another tall option but not for $450-500K  :o. That would make him the highest paid player at Tigerland behind Gas (don't now what Richo is on?) and way ahead of Brown ($375K ), Cogs ($300K) and Johnson ($250-275K). No player (except a Hird, Voss or Carey in his prime) is worth half a million bucks a year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 04:56:14 PM »
Andrew McDougall is clearly the standout uncontracted player. As a full forward or Centre Half Forward he offers us an outstanding opportunity to gain a kpp for the next 10 years. However, being West Australian a McDougall acquisition will not be cheap...but imho...worth it. IMHO...McDougall should be given a $450-500,000 per year offer to come to RFC via the PSD.

TR - I would be happy to get McDougall in the PSD - but not at $450-500,000 per season. That's the sort of $$ you'd throw at a Judd not McDougall. If it was going to costs us that I'd be saying no way and no thanks.

Agree with keeping our first four picks unless we can off-load a couple of the "Usual Suspects" and say our 3rd round pick for another teams 1st (unlikely) or 2nd round pick. For example I'd trade a Chaffey or Fiora and our third round pick for say Sydney's or Geelong's 2nd pick.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 05:31:02 PM »

Post of the year. obviously you now know  you're overpaying him but otherwise..awesome

I'll vote for u

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 10:19:46 PM »
we offered $600,000 a year to polak about 2 months ago...i would have thought $450,000 for mcdougall to leave west coast was on the money...of course its over the odds...but hes not going to leave home without getting a premium!

Offline moe

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 10:23:39 PM »
Holly crap...half a million dollars :gobdrop..not a bad player but worth nowhere near that kind of kanga..

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 11:35:51 AM »
we offered $600,000 a year to polak about 2 months ago...i would have thought $450,000 for mcdougall to leave west coast was on the money...of course its over the odds...but hes not going to leave home without getting a premium!

What the?600K?!?? Taking that's true,,,that's what's wrong with us, right there. Polak, he's a backamn right? To borrow the Olympic spirit...we have to learn to invest our Gold in the midfield, Silver in the forwards and Bronze to the defenders. Just common sense.

The backline won't see the ball as much anyway if the midfield is on top. Get the Halls and Morisons down there and tell them to man up.

To illustrate my point; Nth Melbourne conceded the most points against in the leaque in both their  premiership years.